12 Jedi Mind Trick... 10 days into flower

oks226

Hey everyone. I love being on here and watching grows. I have learned alot over the years from observing new and improving methods documented here on 420magazine and have incorporated many of them into my grows.

Currently I am growing in a closet

dimensions : 6 1/2 ft long, 2 1/2 ft wide, 7 ft tall
walls are painted flat white

lights : 2, 400 watt HPS

exhaust : 4 inch vortex hung in closet, connected to both hoods to help
reduce heat and keep air circulating. A 8" x 4" hole is cut in
the bottom of the door for fresh air to enter.

soil : 1/2 bag roots organic to 30 cups of FF Ocean Forest

nutes (flowering) : botanicare pure blend pro, botanicare sweet berry,
botanicare liquid karma, purple maxx
Also I have a sample of snowstorm that I will be using on
half of the plants. I spray green light neem concentrate
once per week until week 6 to prevent powdery mildew.

pots : 3 gallon square pots transplanted day 1 of flower

strain : Jedi Mind Trick, not a commercial strain, a combo of shipwreck, silver indica, and a purple strain. They are very short and squat,
avg yield per plant is 2-3 oz.

Now I need to go read how to upload photos, they will be posted soon.

Re: 12 Jedi Mind Trick...10 days into flower

ryan_door.jpg

closet door closed

and upon opening
uponentry.jpg

Voila!!

A whole closet picture when opened
closet11.jpg

A canopy pic
right6canopy.jpg

and a under canopy pic
left6under.jpg

Thanks obxgardener.

I rotated and watered the ladies last night.

6 of them got 30 ml Botanicare pro, 15 ml sweet, 10 ml liquid karma, 3 ml purple maxx.
The other 6 got the same + 7 ml snowstorm ultra.
Signs of powdery mildew are appearing quickly, I used copper soap fungicide and washed down all the leaves that had signs of it. I was really hoping it wouldn't set in so quickly, day 12 of flower. I am going to see how the soap works, and wipe them down every few days. If that doesn't help(it sometimes does, sometimes doesn't) I am going to make a mixture of isopropyl alcohol and water and spray them down, but I would rather avoid doing this!
Any tips for suppressing powdery mildew would be appreciated.

how high is your humidity? cutting that out should stop the mold
found a little info on our favorite friend

Molds thrive on organic materials such as paper, leather, natural fibers or surfaces coated with the slightest amount of organic matter such as food or soil.

The optimal growth temperature range for molds is 77°F to 88°F (20°C to 30°C), though some growth may occur anywhere between 32°F to 95°F (0°C to 35°C).

Mildew requires moisture. The optimal growth range for mildew is 70 to 93 percent relative humidity (RH). RH would have to be below 62 percent to stop all chances for mold growth, although RH below 70 percent inhibits most mold growth. A lower RH delays spore germination of molds, reduces the rate of mold growth, and lowers the number of cells produced.

Molds are aerobic. That is, they require oxygen for growth.

Light is not required for mold growth. Mold growth can continue indefinitely without light.

Mold growth is promoted by a slightly acid condition.

Mold growth is inhibited by a variety of fungicides such as chlorinated phenols, copper napthenate or oleate. Coal tar creosote can be used on wood surfaces where paint is not to be used or where odor or appearance would not be objectionable. Ultra-violet radiation can kill mildew. Exposure to sunlight has been a mildew remedy since pre-air conditioning days.

I think you're both right... the lack of circulation would make certain spots humid enough for mildew... def. have to have a "light breeze" going around the plants.

Very good point. Air circulation is very important. I love to have my fans on 24/7 at a nice breeze. It strengthens the plant and provides plenty of airflow. I've also found having plenty of air circulation increases yield. Your plants are looking wonderful! Great job! ;-)

Thanks for the info and compliments.

Ms. Fox I saw one of your cali orange grows, I grew orange bud from dutch passion, I loved it, kept a mother and will probably do it next grow. I was trying to find the difference between what I grew and what you did, maybe you can enlighten me?

I do have one fan in there, I need another but haven't found a small wall-mount fan that will suit my situation.

I have friends that play music for their plants, but it is more to dull the other noises, like the fans going constantly.

I left for a few days and now the flowers are really starting to form!! Powdery mildew is also getting worse, I am going to rotate them tonight and also spray some leaves with the copper fungicide again to push back the powdery mildew.

Thanks for the comments, hey tricome, what are the prices out in florida doing?? Are they ridiculous?

Back
Top Bottom