420's Bag Seeds on the grow (x8) + white widdow + tai weed

Smokey

Im new on here so firstly i'd like to say hello to every one whose reading this.
I have x2 grows in progress at the moment, theres a white widow + tai which are both female in their own closet & theres x8 bag seeds which i am uncertain of a few being male or female... so i need your help with clarifying.
But before i go home and post the pictures i'd like to give you guys some infomation while i have the spare time in my hands right now.
I'll try to answer the questions that was posted from the HOW TO MAKE A GROW JOURNAL section

Ok here it goes

1.What strain is it?
Bag seed x8 + white widdow + Tai weed
2.Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? What percentages?
Mix
3.Is it in Veg or Flower stage?
Tai weed and white widdow is in FLOWER stage since march 8th
Bag seed x8 is still in VEGITATION stage since feb 22nd
4.Indoor or outdoor?
Indoor
5.Soil or Hydro?
B&Q soil mix with perlite
6.What size pot?
Bag seeds pots-each pot size is 1''6 by 1''6 foot square (total 2 pots for the bag seeds, they're shared 4 in each)
White widdow + tai weed growing in their own pots which are circular shape and are just under 1ft radious and just under 1ft high
7.Size of light?
widdow +tai weed - compact flourescant lights x8 bulbs scatterd around the closet, there 2700k 20w bulbs, i used warm white mostly, but i had to put my 2 spare blue spec bulbs to use aswell
x8 bag seeds -2x 2ft flourescants which are blue spec and 16w. (these have to do for now)[/B]
8.Is it aircooled?
I have a fan setup for the widdow + tai but no fan for the x8 bag seeds YET...
9.Temp of Room/cab?
Both are 70-76F
10.RH of Room/cab?
I dont have a RH checker
11.PH of media or res?
I couldnt find any digital Ph meters till this day, lol. Im just using tap water and hoping its PH 7 :p lets c how it goes
Any Pests ?
no, no
How often are you watering?
I wait for the soil to be quite dry before i feed it again, takes usually a day or 2 but it varies from time to time
Type and strength of ferts used?
Liquid Miracle grow all the way, both grows. I'm unsure of what strength, i think they're all the same? big bloom etc are not available in my area as far as i know

K Thats all those answered,

Im aware that im using weak lights but bare in mind this is a poor mans grow and also the plants seem to be doing not too bad like this.
But yea, I'll get some pics for everyone to look at by tonight

Ill try keep this journal updated as much as pos, but forgive me if i dont as i dnt have constant access to the net from my location.

Any questions please ask :thanks:

I've labeled with numbers for close ups, i used my fones camera so im sorry about the quality (supposed to be 5mp but it sux )

The pictures

FRONT VIEW
Full_view2.JPG

CLOSE UP
Close_view.JPG

1 - This is looking good, i sence this one can be female, What do you think?
1587.JPG

1 top view
09042009446.jpg

2 - This didnt grow as fast as the others, maybe it'll catch up?
2400.JPG

3358.JPG

4 - 1st pot.This one is the 2nd smallest, has decent amount of leaves for its size, maybe this one will catch up too
4285.JPG

5 - Second pot, This one is pretty tall
5223.JPG

6 - Second pot again, This one is pretty tall too
6193.JPG

7 Second pot, Tall aswell
7165.JPG

8 - Separated, This one looks like its a male... the quality of the camera aint too good but i see small ball shaped things growing, at first i thaught it was new leaf growth but when i took it out and had a better loook im qquite certain now that its male, ill keep this out of the closet and jus keep it in a corner somewhere for a while, Might come in handy some time for making cakes or something? (I would like some advice to what i can do with it)... here it is
Suspect.JPG

More pics on Second grow commin up (Tai weed + Widdow)

White widdow has manyyy branches going diff directions, this is because i took a cuttin from a friends female and it was slightly big with 2-3 branches spreading out, i had to bring it together from the bottom otherwise it wouldnt stand up right. hope these brances will support sum hefty budz:yummy:

these pics were taken 10 days ago ill have newer ones soon (hopefully with some progress with buds)

White widdow
26032009439.jpg

02042009443.jpg

02042009441.jpg

02042009440.jpg

Tai weed (has burnt leafs because i went away for a few days and it grew quicker than expected and started touching the lights :smokin:
02042009444.jpg

ill get some full view of this 2nd grow soon:Rasta:
:rollit:

Last night (Sunday 12th April) i switched to 13 hr night for the BAG SEED grow mainly because i want to find out how many females im workin with :yummy:.

i know some people are verry goood at spotting males/females early in vege stage but the 7 plants i have left arnt showing any sign of gender and im curious to know how many females i got soo...
Question is....
How many days does it usually take in flowering to determine the sex of a plant?
&
Is it ok to switch back to vegetative stage once i found out the genders?

Ty

very interested in the thai I thought about gettin mamma thai from seedsman any going outdoors because i've heard thai quite hardy and mold resistant?

very interested in the thai I thought about gettin mamma thai from seedsman any going outdoors because i've heard thai quite hardy and mold resistant?

hi southern, im not sure about the plants resistance properties, i've not heard anything about it to be honest with you. But im sure some one else whose reading may be able to help you.

nEW Pics will be up this monday latest, on both grows. .:surf:

thailand is very wet and rainy and often has monsoons the description of thai on Dr Chronic says they are mushroom resistant and mold resistant so they must be real easy to grow outdoors

thailand is very wet and rainy and often has monsoons the description of thai on Dr Chronic says they are mushroom resistant and mold resistant so they must be real easy to grow outdoors
That makes sence:goodjob:

pan4gold said:
So far so good as far as I can see.

It will be as long 14 days under 12/12 before they will show sex.

I'm growing a Wild Thai now in the aero garden.

I'll check back later.

Pan4

Thanks ;) ill have a look at your grow when i get home :)

Update
unfortunately i've found another 2 males (numbers 5 & 6), i just snapped them and binned it.

the others... ill give them til saterday morning in flowering to show their sex, but i got a good feeling they are female, lets hope so :cool:.

Good luck with the sexing Redeye!

Plants are lookin green and healthy! +rep :goodjob:

tyty:cool:

I had a lil peep at the plants this morning, im afraid that no.7 plant is also a male. Ill make sure when i get home to remove him if it is male that is.
new pics comming tonight stay tuned;)

Looks like there was a bit of stretching and you've got some tall skinny plants. Would probably be beneficial to tie them down (carefully but the stems should be pretty flexible that young) to get everything as flat and even as possible. Then get all your lights down to within an inch or two ASAP.

Tying them down will have the added benefit of promoting branching, especially if the tips are lower than the rest of the plant.

Im home now, heres a update of what i done.
  • No.7 killed - turned out to be male
  • Switched the flourescants to WARM WHITE 18w tubes
  • Separated plants to separate pots. (two small plants No.2&4 are in temporary pots)
  • 2 new bag seeds germinated and potted, should sprout soon
  • :peace:

Piccs

Budding room
:roorrip::cool:
1_3_bud_room.JPG

No.1 - Looks like a girl :grinjoint:
1_close_up_bud.JPG

No.3 - i broke 1 of the lower branches by mistake when i was repotting it :oops:
3_close_up_bud.JPG

No. 2&4 - Back in vegetation, No bulbs yet il have to get some 2morrow. Temporary pots , 2 new seedlings in the cups in the back ground:cheer:
2_4_vege_with_newbies.JPG

Looks like there was a bit of stretching and you've got some tall skinny plants. Would probably be beneficial to tie them down (carefully but the stems should be pretty flexible that young) to get everything as flat and even as possible. Then get all your lights down to within an inch or two ASAP.

Tying them down will have the added benefit of promoting branching, especially if the tips are lower than the rest of the plant.

Hi thanks for your advice, i had some garden zipp ties handy, i zipped plant No.3 from the middle to the stick... its more straight now

As for plant no.1, i dont think ill tie her up, shes pretty strong and can stand 90* without support :grinjoint:

Lights are close as possible;).

:thanks:

Uh... No, I meant tie them down lol. You can get some really tight (¼" easy) internode spacing with florescents and some great bud too but for that to happen the lights have to be close to the plant (like an inch away) - not just close to the very tip of the plant, but to the entire plant or as much of it as possible.

If you tied them all down as much as possible you could get more of your lights to them. There's that nasty lumens vs. distance law that says basically if you've a CFL or florescent tube and it's a foot away from a leaf that leaf isn't getting any usable light (sort of, I can't remember the formula I took my pills today lol).

Otherwise... You could hang a CFL next to every leaf I guess.

hi TorturedSoul do you mean hang the lights vertically in line with the plants stem?:grinjoint:
it sounds like a more efficient way if you think about it... like have the two 2ft flourescants on the sides vertically with the plant like so ----> II II
and hang some CFL bulbs for the tops of the plants instead?

i am also familiar with the 1 foot lumen rule, confirm to me the vertical setup is better and i may change it :peace::rollit:

Err, the more of the lights (energy source) that you can get right on (near enough) the leaves (energy receptors) the better. I can't think very well right now I have had my meds already. Maybe this evening.

Vertical, horizontal... The thing is getting the lights to the plants. I think it works best if they're overhead but not real sure.

Reason Scrog got started with MJ growing is because a lot of people were using 4' florescents and needed a way to get all of the lights to all of the canopy.

Your grow looks good, but I agree with Tortured Soul that it needs more light... I'd keep the tube flourecents up top, but buy a bunch of CFLs, the highest wattage you can find (home depot - $15 for 67 watt 2700K) and hang them down among the top 1/3 of the plants - it will encourage those nodes to grow branches I think... The other CFL journals in here have some good lighting ideas... Heat is the only limit.

:cheer:

Back
Top Bottom