Soltan's 1st grow

Soltan

420 Member
I've been wanting to do this for a long time. I've just never had the time. I've read this site a LOT so hopefully I won't screw it up that bad. :smokin:

This is going to be an indoor soil grow. For a veg cabinet I modified a Black and Decker wall cabinet. It is 36-1/2"H x 26-3/4"W x 14-3/4"D with a "lockable" door so it should be fine for 2 or more plants (I hope). The inside was painted with krylon fusion flat white as it was off-white/beige.

For light I picked up a 70W (says 300w of output) dusk to dawn MH light and took it apart and made a reflector for it. I used allthread to mount it to the top so I can adjust the height. For air ventilation I used a 100+cfm rack fan hooked up to a rotary variable speed switch. I built light traps for the intake and exhaust and mounted them on the outside. There is also a 4" "muffin" fan on the inside for circulation kept on low speed. I found an indoor/outdoor temp/humidity thermometer at lowes for $12 with a probe for inside the cab so I mounted it on the outside of the cabinet. It was then mounted to the wall.

Here is a pic of the cabinet
Project_420_001a.jpg

and the timer, temp/humidty and fan control
Project_420_002a.jpg

This grow will be just bagseed to see how everything goes. I'll post later tonight with pics of the babies.

-Sol

Thanks Dolla.

4/7
I took 6 solo cups numbered 1-6 and cut slits in them for drainage and filled them with Fox Farms Ocean Forest potting soil. I decided not to germinate and just went old school and planted the seeds into the soil and watered. I them put them in a cake pan to catch the runoff water and put that on 4 coffee cups to raise them a bit as my light would not go low enough. I turned on the light on 18/6 cycle for heat and to test the cabinet temperature.
Project_420_004a.jpg

4/10
Headed out of town for the weekend but nothing yet. I watered a bit as well.

4/12
Got back into town and checked out the cab and found these :)
Project_420_005a.jpg

I feel like a proud new papa heh
Project_420_008a.jpg

All but #4 have sprouted. I'll leave it in the cab and keep it watered for a few more days just to see if it comes up.

-Sol

Thanks again Dolla.

The light is 6" from the tops currently. I figured I would let them get to 4" or so and then raise the light 2" and repeat. Any closer than 4" and the heat from the light might be too much.

-Sol

I think 2" would give them sunburn lol. I'm using Metal Halide though.

-Sol

My they grow up so fast. Looks like #4 is a no-go for sure.
Project_420_001a1.jpg

Looks like #5 is the biggest and most developed so far.
Project_420_002a1.jpg

I moved them a little closer to the light as it looks like they are stretching a bit.

A friend hooked me up with nutes and gave me a schedule. How awesome is that?

Project_420_007a.jpg

Here is the schedule he gave me. He said he got it from here and revised it a bit.

VEG STAGE 18/6
Week 1: 1 tsp PBP Grow + 1 tsp Liquid Karma
Week 2: 3 tsp PBP Grow + 1 tsp Cal Mag Plus + 2 tsp Liquid Karma
Week 3: 5 tsp PBP Grow + 1 tsp Cal Mag Plus + 2 tsp Liquid Karma
Week 4: 5 tsp PBP Grow + 1 tsp Cal Mag Plus + 2 tsp Liquid Karma
Week 5: 3 tsp PBP Grow + 3 tsp PBP Bloom + 1 tsp Cal Mag + 2 tsp Liquid Karma

FLOWER STAGE 12/12
Week 1: 5 tsp PBP Bloom + 1 tsp Cal Mag Plus + 2 tsp Liquid Karma
Week 2: 6 tsp PBP Bloom + 1 tsp Cal Mag Plus + 2 tsp Liquid Karma
Week 3: 6 tsp PBP Bloom + 1 tsp Cal Mag Plus + 2 tsp Liquid Karma
Week 4: 4 tsp PBP Bloom + 1 tsp PBP Grow + 1 tsp Cal Mag Plus + 2 tsp Liquid Karma
Week 5: 6 tsp PBP Bloom + 1 tsp Cal Mag Plus + 2 tsp Liquid Karma
Week 6: 6 tsp PBP Bloom + 1 tsp Cal Mag Plus + 2 tsp Liquid Karma

Week before flush: 3 tsp PBP Bloom + 1 tsp Cal Mag Plus + 1 tsp Liquid Karma
(repeat if not ready for flush)

-Sol

Thanks! My buddy swears by them and the price was right :yummy:

-Sol

Thanks Dolla, HazeSeeker, Ms.Fox & McBudz.

BTW Ms.Fox I read your completed "Just For Fun Bagseed Grow" before I started and it was a great read. I took a lot from it, excellent job.

-Sol

BTW Ms.Fox I read your completed "Just For Fun Bagseed Grow" before I started and it was a great read. I took a lot from it, excellent job.

-Sol

Thank you!

Here are some pics from day 8. I'm wondering how much longer they can stay in the solo cups before I have to transplant. I'll research or maybe someone will chime in. When I transfer to 1 gal containers I may have to get rid of one. I'm not sure 5 will fit in the cabinet.

I know they are still young but the leaves look pretty wide...Indica maybe?

I also received the Milwaukee pH600 pH Meter I ordered last week. I'll have to check it out when I water tomorrow or Wednesday.

Project_420_009a.jpg

Project_420_010a.jpg

Project_420_011a.jpg

Project_420_012a.jpg

Project_420_013a.jpg

Happy 4/20
-Sol

Back
Top Bottom