First grow: 11:59 Armageddon

fakirr

Hey everyone, i thought i'd finally register to the wedsite after being a long time reader.

This is my first grow using un-feminized seeds from Pukka seeds.

Set up is (Now, not the pics):

2 x 250w blue/red Envirolites
4 x 25w 6700k CFL's
Homemade reflector
Mylar walls (White)
Cheapo kitchen extractor fan + duct
2 x Large pots and a drainage tray.

Due to being nowhere near anywhere that stocks good soil i'm using Miracle-gro soil (the one advertised to hold water twice as well) with no added neuts...

Pics:

Week one.
armageddon_1.jpg

armageddon_2.jpg

Week two.
armageddon_3.jpg

armageddon_4.jpg

Thats them vegging under 2 x 35w 2700k CFL's.

Here's a question, The plant on the right in the pictures is suffering from darker tiped leaf, plus brown spots all over the lower leaves, What causes this?

The PH is a steady 7.

armageddon_5.jpg

armageddon_6.jpg

I'll keep adding to this as the grow continues on a weekly basis, Next update will be Saturday the 9th - should be a brave inprovement with the new layout and lights.

Regards,
Simon.

If anyone has any tips please share :)

For veg you really should be using lights in the 6500K range..

In soil your pH should be 6.3-6.7. I try to keep mine down closer to 6.3-6.4

When you measure pH you need to measure the runoff after your water/nutes pass through the soil and the pH is altered. This will tell you what the true pH in the soil is and not of what you are putting in. Its the pH of the root zone that matters.

The spots could be deficiency issues due to pH lockout..

Also you need to add a bunch of perlite into that soil mix. holding water twice as well is not really a good thing with cannabis. It like to see wet dry cycles in soil. Extra absorbant soil like that tends to be made of mostly peat/sphagnum moss whcih makes for a real soggy soil condition. Try to mix your soil up 1/3 perlite - 1/3 moss - 1/3 vermiculite.

Soils heavy in moss tend tend to greatly lower pH since the moss is very acidic especially as it breaks down after a few waterings.

What do you plan on running for nutrients? I recommend getting some fox farms Grow Big for Veg, Tiger Bloom for Bloom and some Botanicare Cal-mag+ for an extra nitrogen-cal-mag-iron boost. You should be able to find online no problem. Also get an adequate pH meter like the pH 600 by milwaukee for about $20, if you do not already have a good digital one. the analogue meters just dont work well to the tolerances we need them to. A good digital pH meter will save you tons of headaches down the road.

^^^ All that info is very important right now for you. I would also suggest a small fan to blow on them to help thicken up their stalks.

Soil Feeds N P K Hydro Feeds N P K
Canna Terra Vega 14 6 17 Canna Vega 6 2 8
Canna Terra Flores 10 9 19 Canna Flores 5 3 10
Earth Juice Grow 2 1 1 Ionic Grow 5 2 8
Earth Juice Bloom 0 3 1 Ionic Bloom 4 5 8

Which would you say for this stage of the grow? Thats what i've available to me in the uk...

I'm tempted to put them into 12-12 now, just to let them flower for 6/8 weeks. As a 1st grow they will probably end up hermie/dead/male's anyway!

Just bought a litre of that top canna one, its 2 mixes in one bottle, one for veg one for flowering...

Thanks for that bud, ill repot them when i get home later if thats the case.

I accidently flicked on my timer on monday, they were in 12-12 for 3 days... then i reverted back to 24hr veg... Will this affect my plants at all? They are all showing signs of being female so far :D

I'll stick new pics up later, I've been abit slow on the updates!

Righto, Few pictures to update...

Recently these have been veg'ing under 2 x 25w 2700k CFL's 1 x 20w 2700k CFL and 1 x 20w 6400k CFL. Just over 4 weeks old in these pictures. The last picture shows signs of female - i think! (Opinion?)

I'm moving house on Tuesday so i'm going to redesign a new grow booth, Bought a 600w HPS Dual spectrum Light, Batwing reflector and 800w ballast, Repotted 'Mary' and 'Wendy' into 5 gallon square pots with a 75/25 mix of organic compost and sharp sand.

My intentions are to keep Wendy and Mary into a booth with the HPS and go to 12/12 in 2 weeks time, and keep the Runt, Dimebag and SlimJim in veg until i harvest Wendy and Mary.

Side-view of Mary who's been LST'd to the side and soon to possibly go around the pot.

armageddon_7.jpg

Top-view of Mary and her many many new branches that have formed due to trimming and LST.

armageddon_8.jpg

Closeup of Marys top leaves.

armageddon_9.jpg

Healthy leaf from Mary.

armageddon_10.jpg

Close of of one of the stems that grew due to LST

armageddon_11.jpg

Meet Wendy, AKA Bendy-Wendy! Still in her original 5l pot LST bent...

armageddon_12.jpg

Overview of Wendy...

armageddon_13.jpg

Top leaves of Wendy

armageddon_14.jpg

View of the underside of the top leaves.

armageddon_15.jpg

A shot showing the way she's bent...

armageddon_16.jpg

Bagseed i planted for fun, no idea of the strain -

armageddon_17.jpg

the infamous Dime-bag... (Mainly a runt of the 5 seeds that germinated, growing so slowly - id be happy if she produces a dimebags worth!)

armageddon_18.jpg

Here's a show of the top of Wendy, are the two nodes on the thing between the leaves signs of female?

armageddon_19.jpg

Next update i'll have a new room - new light and hopefully the grow will vastly improve!

;)

Right guy's major update tonight when my lights go on again at 7pm GMT. (They were 7 weeks in veg, 3 weeks LST bent.)

Recently bought a whole new set-up for my plants inc. Ruck fan, Biobizz neuts, carbon filter, 300w envirolite and a big old budbox grow tent :D

Edit: Dimebag got lost when i planted him beside one of the big plants in the 5gall pots, i shuffled the pot and the soil moved and i couldn't find it :( Also sold my 600w HPS and ballast to a friend and gave him my 7 week old bagseed. He went 12/12 3 days ago and its already over 1 1/2 foot tall!

Yes, plant looks a little sick, Hope she gets better soon.. With my plants when they look like that it is because I watered too much. But that just me I'm new. Good luck getting her happy and perky..

Guys minor update, plants are nearly ready, two weeks off harvest and I'm happy with the budsites that were caused by lsting!

Added a 600w hps to the setup alongside my 300w cfl, so here's hoping
they will turn into little monsters!

No bugs, no leaf's dropping everythings perky and perfect!

I'll add pictures later on this
evening as I don't have computer access at the minute :(

Back
Top Bottom