Blastabowl's indoor/outdoor grow '09

420Blastabowl

Hello 420 mag community, I'm back to journal another grow after a brief break from growing. This grow will take place indoors, as well as outdoors. My outdoor plants will ultimately find their home in my back yard but for now I've been moving them outside during the day and back under fluorescent tubes during the night.

The indoor portion of this grow will consist of two growth chambers. For flowering i have a shipping crate that currently measures 26"D x 52"W x 33"H I have purchased the lumber and plywood to finish this chamber off to be 6 feet tall when completed. For ventilation i have a 6" inline fan with an output of around 250 cfm, but i'm also going to pick up a few more fans for intake and exhaust. For lighting i will be using a 400w hps with an air cooled hood. I also will be hanging black/white panda film on all the walls for better reflection. I haven't built the veg chamber yet but will do so in the coming month, my plan is to use the Flowering chamber for veg first until the other chamber is completed. in the veg chamber I plan to use around 200W of fluorescent lighting for my clones and for vegetative plants, and a 125W CFL for my mothers.

Outdoor Strains: 1 Blue Cheese Clone, 2 Apollo 11 clones, and 1 The Purps Clone.

Indoor Strains: 3 Grape Punch clones, 2 purple erkle clones, 1 Massachusetts Super Skunk clone, and 3 Black Domina seedlings.

On the four outdoor plants I've began to top them a bit as well as perform some LST tying. I will post photos of these as soon as i get a decent camera, i took some photos with my camera phone but they just don't do the plants enough justice to post them. I started moving these clones In/outdoors on 4-26 and since the training I'm starting to get some really nice bushes. Mostly this is an experiment to see what I'm capable of growing outdoors.

More to come soon.

-Blastabowl:bigtoke:

Hey 420Blastabowl, good luck on the grow. I'm very interested to see how this turns out. I really want to do an outdoor grow but it's going to have to wait for now. I'm really interested to hear about your pest problem (or hopefully lack of problems) from moving the plants inside and out. I'm curious to see if outdoor pests become pests on you indoor plants. I don't think it will be a big problem, I'm just curious. Best of luck, all of your strains sound delicious.:popcorn:

During veg i use a mixture of neem oil, cedar oil and biodegradable soap to ward off pests, aside from some aphids eating the the underside of a fan leaf on the first day they went outside before i treated them i have no pests. Soon the outdoor plants will be outside permanently so this wont be so much of an issue.

I should also add a few things i forgot to add in my first post, for medium I'm using fox farm ocean forest. For veg nutrients I'm using liquid sea weed along with Botanicare Pure Grow, and for flower i will use Botanicare Pure Bloom along with Sweet.

-Blastabowl

420Blastabowl sounds wonderful, cant wait to follow this one, I also am growing outdoors and this is my first every grow and have learned so much so far. Have had some interesting problems nothing too bad but a leaning experience non the less.. Good Luck can't wait for the pics..

Thanks guys, hopefully i'll get some pics up tomorrow. I've almost finished constructing the first grow box, its dimensions now are 72" tall 52" wide and 26" deep. Plants are all looking great, tied a few more branches down, i also topped each plant again.

-Blastabowl:passitleft:

Hey guys heres what you have been waiting for, sorry i took so long to take/post these but here they are.

Grape Punch:
GP052209.jpg

Purple Erkle: The one on the right is pretty lame, but you guys should have seen this girl when i got her, in short she has already come a long way.
PE052209.jpg

Black Domina from seed:
BD05229.jpg

Apollo Eleven:
A11052209.jpg

The Purps:
TP052209.jpg

Blue Cheese:
BC052209.jpg

And a Garden pic, in this photo the walls are bare, however tomorrow i will be hanging the panda film.
Garden052209.jpg

Hope you enjoy!
-Blastabowl:rollit:

420Blastabowl clones look great. I wish I could do that clone thing. Every one have tried has died. Not sure what I am doing wrong, but it looks like you have the clone thing down. Great Job...

Thanks sonzor, cloning isn't all that difficult, just takes a little bit of practice to get a hang of things. Also i don't know what rooting product you use but i feel that gel hormones are better then the powdered ones.

On another note i think that i should be able to sex the 4 black domina seedlings in the next week or so. hoping for at least one female so i can turn her into a mom to start producing clones.

-Blastabowl

I used the powder first. All but one died. The one that did not die I found the cutting on the ground a day later in my garden and I just stuck it in a planter I have squash growing in. It's still alive cant say that much about the six others.

Then I went and got the gel. (That stuffs not cheap) and I tried 6 more. They are all still hanging in there but the don't look great.

I also built a bubble cloner that bubbadank gave me directions for. Have not had any luck with that.

Anyway I will keep chugging along. I am sure I will get it eventually.

Thanks for the info.. Good luck with the grow

Hey guys not much interesting going on here i know but heres a photo update. I should be getting the 400w hooked up in the next week or so, accompanied by a few more fans.
Temp = 74F - 76F
RH = 62% - 66%

Apollo eleven side shot, followed by a top shot of each apollo lady.
apollo11side.jpg

apollo11top2.jpg

Apollo11top1.jpg

Blue Cheese Side, and top.
Bluecheeseside.jpg

bluecheesetop.jpg

Purps side and top.
Purpsside.jpg

Purpstop.jpg

Black Domina
Blackdom.jpg

Massachusetts Super Skunk
Mass_SS.jpg

Purple Erkle
PurpleE2.jpg

And finally the Grape Punch trio.
GrapePtrio.jpg

-Blastabowl:ganjamon:

Thanks guys, I appreciate all the kind words. I figure I'm going to play around with a few strains find what i really like then order some seeds and do some breeding. Currently I'm really excited about my two 45-55 day strains, apollo eleven and grape punch. I think a majority of my box will be filled up with these two strains for the first round of flowering. I really hope i get a chance to use the Mass' Super Skunk in some breeding projects, as it has been used to make some legendary strains (Sour Diesel being one). Well guys I'm off to spark up another one, peace.

-Blastabowl :smokin:

Hey guys heres a little update. I confirmed one Black Domina female last evening, the rest should follow soon. Also i cloned a few more A11 and The Purps, from the last batch 5 cuttings didn't take, so i replaced those with a few extra. The Blue cheese, The Purps, and the two A11 plants are now out side permanently. I'll take pics of the planted clones when they are ready but that won't be for a few weeks, as well as some shots of the plants outdoors.

-Blastabowl:ganjamon:

Back
Top Bottom