CA: Need some advice. Violation charges dropped now charging for same thing?

daicacharco

Hey, I was wondering if I can get some advice. I was charged for violation of probation, possession of over 28.5grams. I served 1.5 week in county jail during wait time til I saw the judge. It was cinco di mayo weekend. Sorry for misspelling the holiday. My buddy left his marijuana in my trunk and was on a rush back to work. I did him a favor by spending my lunch break to give him a ride home from school. Yes, he was in the influence at the time being I was in a rush and did not know he left his stuff in my trunk. I got pulled over down the street from his house for no front licenses plate literally 1 minute as I drove away from his house. I'm on probation and i was arrested and was taken to county. I went to court and he appeared as well. I was released at the very same day of the court date which was my first hearing. I got a letter in the mail few days ago saying I'm being charged with possession of marijuana over 28.5grams. Misdemeanor. My question is, wouldn't the same outcome happen again since I wasn't charged the first time? Do I need to hire my attorney again to spend $2500 for the same outcome? Or should I go with a public defender? My friend is willing to appear at my court date again to testify to claim that the marijuana was his.

Well I do suggest that you better look for and consult into an effective lawyer as soon as possible before it's too late.That thing should be tackle into an expert so that you can better get a good legal advice.You might encounter a financial problem all through out,kindly check this.

Back
Top Bottom