Question about growing for my mom who has arthritis and migraines (Canada)

Greeley

I just have a little bit of information to share on what I'm asking about, why I am asking it, just to make a little more sense of my situation, and my actually questions are near the bottom. I apologize if I should have posted this somewhere else, legal seemed like the place to me.

My mom is starting to get on board with medical marijuana, I told her that its healthier than cigarettes that she currently smokes, and it helps with all the symptoms she's had. She has Arthritis and Migraines, often she can't eat, and needs to quickly go to bed when a migraine comes on. She's been on sixteen different medications since we moved to the house we live in now, around 15 years ago. For the most recent years she has had no relief from her suffering aside from Tylenol (Acetaminophen) This is due to the fact that in sixteen different medications she had horrible side effects like extreme nausea and headaches, some of them gave her suicidal thoughts, she couldn't live her life a fogged up zombie, I was still a boy when she was going through this, and my dad was and still is working a stressful job to provide for his family, and all she wanted to do was be able to take care of me, she opted out of all pharmaceuticals to be there for me, she just lived with the pain she describes to be "ice picks digging into to your skin"

I am turning 21 in a few short weeks, I know to some of you old hens people my age are still kids, but I am not the boy my mother needs to be there for anymore. Now I can be there for her, and I have been working hard to present to her Medical Marijuana in the best way I can, and I have, and she is going to go to the doctor soon, the same one who prescribed her all those pills in the last 15 years, and she is going to ask him to fill out whatever form it is that gives her the right to obtain Medical Marijuana seeds and grow them legally.

My mom cannot take care of these plants on her own, because of her pain, especially in her hands, she can't do all the little meticulous things you need to do to upkeep plants. I doubt shed be able to lift a ballast or even a reflector.

So my main questions here are:

Do I need to have my own licence to be able to grow her marijuana seeds for her after she has her licence?

Do I just do the work and she uses it and as long as I am not smoking it will be legal (assuming my mom already has her licence/prescription)?

What if a neighbour calls the police when they see me setting the plants up and caring for them, will I be fined or possibly jailed for not having a medical growers licence? (again assuming my mom DOES have a licence and prescription)

Edit: I live in the suburbs, there are around 70 houses per street, our houses are not 2 meters from each other, our backyards are back to back, its packed, people are going to see and notice it.

I ended up finding my answer by clicking on link after link on the health canada website, I got stopped at the point where it states that you need grow in a building and not a residence. Even if I had that building, my mom would still need to register with me and pay me the same price she would have to pay from another licensed producer. Unless I was illegally taking some for her. So there is no way I can see around this unless Justin Trudeau legalizes and/or the laws change in my favour.

I don't know about the laws... I do know that I suffer from migraines and have been on almost 10 different medications... MMJ is one relief that my state still doesn't see as medicine and it sucks. The relief is undeniable nearly instantaneous and with more constant use limited. Not removed but limited. Also you can use MMJ in rubs and creams for the arthritis. I was shot in 2009 in my right hand and have both nerve damage as well as developing arthritis. While in Colorado I began using creams and rubs with MJ in them and the relief was also great. Without people "breaking the law" we would not be where we are at in this world with medical and legalization. If the relief is there..... I don't know I know the struggle and its shitty as all can be..... I went to any length to find relief.

Back
Top Bottom