Comparative laws

Itsthepie

I need your help guys, I'm looking into moving to Canada but I have a blemish on ky past.
5 years ago when I was living in New Zealand, I tried buying a few seeds off the net, to cut a long story short they got stopped by customs. They searched my house and seized a few items of unused grow items and I ended up with two custodial sentences/fines, one for import/export of seeds and one for possession of equipment with intent.

How would these misdemeanours compare in Canadian law?

Any help would be really appreciated.

your best bet is to contact our government not ask on a forum page. If they are misdemeanors does that mean you don't have a criminal record?? if that is the case, I would say you have nothing to worry about. But in reality I have no idea. We are the same country that shipped Mark Emery to the states to be tried for selling pot seeds across the border....

Thanks Snypr, that's pretty sound advice I was just reluctant to raise a flag to the government and bring it to their attention. Sadly wasn't just a misdemeanour, bad choice of word as it is a conviction. I can apply for a clean slate in 3 years so may just wait for that or get legal advice from someone who knows the laws better, if it's not an offense over there then it may be ok.

Back
Top Bottom