Co-op Dispensaries Wholesale buying Policies

Vicious420

An idea hit me just now while browsing the forums. I saw a lot of dispensaries listing their menu's on what they sell.

On another thread I saw that one persons efforts on finding out menu's from a few dispensaries by phone ended up with him being hung up on.

I was wondering if it would be possible for dispensaries and co-ops to list their policies on wholesale buying ( or compensating whatever you want to call it) medical marijuana, and hashish from growers in this thread I just started. There are a lot of people on here including me who are very interested in getting into this and the information on the topic seem very limited. I figured listing the policies would be just as easy as listing the menu's.

Policies like:

What your rules are.

If you buy at all.

If you take it on consignment and see how it does in a few weeks.

The strains you look for most.

Do you buy hash?

If you favor sea of green or hydroponics.

If there is a limit to how much you'll buy from a grower.

I hope my questions aren't out of place. I think they are need to know for anyone aspiring to grow for dispensaries. They are probably on everyone's mind that wants to grow but never thought to ask.

I would really like to get into doing this but I know even if I grow the worlds greatest hydroponic OG Kush it isn't going to matter if I can't get it to people that need it besides myself and my girl friend. I have bad back, neck and leg pain plus high stress caused from my job conditions and she has very bad depression and pain's in other places.

I'm not a grower yet but I've been extensively researching everything there is to know about it over the past month. I know its something I can be very good at but I'm at the point where I need feedback from dispensaries to decide if its really viable and I figured forums like this would be a good place to start.
Thanks.

As a regular patient at the dispensary I use most often, I've asked a lot of questions of the owners about preparing cannabutter and shown them pics of my plants. Last week I was talking to the owner and he told me that when I was ready to harvest, I should bring whatever I wanted to sell, to him and we could work out a price. He further stated that their pricing was based on a 100% markup ie: an 1/8 of OG Kush retail $60 would wholesale at $30 or $240 an oz. Hopes this clears up some of your questions

I'm not a grower yet but I've been extensively researching everything there is to know about it over the past month. I know its something I can be very good at but I'm at the point where I need feedback from dispensaries to decide if its really viable and I figured forums like this would be a good place to start.
Thanks.

maybe start growing to see if you can grow a quality plant... there are a lot of little things that you keep learning every cycle, and TONS of things to control, its like anything, it takes practice. anyone can grow, but not everyone can grow dank. :cool:

Thanks for the replies. I'll be a regular at one or two places once I get my doctors note. My legs and shoulder are killing me as I type this. I work as a paparazzi in Los Angeles and the job is constantly standing and running around while having 5-10 pounds in equipment strapped to you for 8-15 hours. Plus there is the constant stress of never actually knowing how much money you'll make that month when you're freelance.

I tried some Bubba Kush last night and it made everything go away. Amazing stuff. I couldn't make new memories for a few hours. It was like living in a dream.

I've put researching indoor growing on hold for researching guerilla growing. I find both very very interesting. I'm sure there are a lot of things nobody writes about that just come up and learned by experience. If I did start growing today it would probably just be 4 to 6 plants in my closet with a 400Watt light and a home made hydroponics system.

Thanks for the bit of input Lilsteve. It was helpful

i also asked my local dispensary about how they aquire there maryjane and they told me to make an appointment and bring in a gram of some samples of what i had so they could try it out and if they liked what they smoked then we could make arrangements and talk about pricing etc. :peace: :rollit:

I was probably imprudent in my previous post about the dispensary owners conversation with me, as the LA City Attorney and Council are cracking down of the dispensaries setting a city wide limit of 80+, granted it's going to take some time to make this happen but nonetheless it will happen. Unless the laws change and I'm not talking just medical uses but using hemp/cannabis in all the ways the plant and fiber can be used. It seems to me that if the government could see the industrial uses of hemp and the ecological benefits, we could be on our way to recovery both medically and industrially.
but I'm ranting now so........ta ta

We all have to start telling co-op's "we need menu's listed and current" so many times I go, and they are out of the ones listed or price changes.

An idea hit me just now while browsing the forums. I saw a lot of dispensaries listing their menu's on what they sell.

On another thread I saw that one persons efforts on finding out menu's from a few dispensaries by phone ended up with him being hung up on.

I was wondering if it would be possible for dispensaries and co-ops to list their policies on wholesale buying ( or compensating whatever you want to call it) medical marijuana, and hashish from growers in this thread I just started. There are a lot of people on here including me who are very interested in getting into this and the information on the topic seem very limited. I figured listing the policies would be just as easy as listing the menu's.

Policies like:

What your rules are.

If you buy at all.

If you take it on consignment and see how it does in a few weeks.

The strains you look for most.

Do you buy hash?

If you favor sea of green or hydroponics.

If there is a limit to how much you'll buy from a grower.

I hope my questions aren't out of place. I think they are need to know for anyone aspiring to grow for dispensaries. They are probably on everyone's mind that wants to grow but never thought to ask.

I would really like to get into doing this but I know even if I grow the worlds greatest hydroponic OG Kush it isn't going to matter if I can't get it to people that need it besides myself and my girl friend. I have bad back, neck and leg pain plus high stress caused from my job conditions and she has very bad depression and pain's in other places.

Thanks.

Well, I work as an actor, Union too, thank God for the new Paparazzi distance Laws in effect this year...LOL

Smoke out dude and then will give you a better interview and pose...LOL Just teasing you about the thank god part, but yeah those laws are in effect.

Thanks for the replies. I'll be a regular at one or two places once I get my doctors note. My legs and shoulder are killing me as I type this. I work as a paparazzi in Los Angeles and the job is constantly standing and running around while having 5-10 pounds in equipment strapped to you for 8-15 hours. Plus there is the constant stress of never actually knowing how much money you'll make that month when you're freelance.

I tried some Bubba Kush last night and it made everything go away. Amazing stuff. I couldn't make new memories for a few hours. It was like living in a dream.

I've put researching indoor growing on hold for researching guerilla growing. I find both very very interesting. I'm sure there are a lot of things nobody writes about that just come up and learned by experience. If I did start growing today it would probably just be 4 to 6 plants in my closet with a 400Watt light and a home made hydroponics system.

Thanks for the bit of input Lilsteve. It was helpful

California has Hemp farms out side of LA up more Northern California and Federal and state taxes are paid every year.

I was probably imprudent in my previous post about the dispensary owners conversation with me, as the LA City Attorney and Council are cracking down of the dispensaries setting a city wide limit of 80+, granted it's going to take some time to make this happen but nonetheless it will happen. Unless the laws change and I'm not talking just medical uses but using hemp/cannabis in all the ways the plant and fiber can be used. It seems to me that if the government could see the industrial uses of hemp and the ecological benefits, we could be on our way to recovery both medically and industrially.
but I'm ranting now so........ta ta

Dispensaries take your pot now and pay later. Don't give your meds to any one you can't trust to pay you. Be sure to have the home number of the owner or manager.

As a regular patient at the dispensary I use most often, I've asked a lot of questions of the owners about preparing cannabutter and shown them pics of my plants. Last week I was talking to the owner and he told me that when I was ready to harvest, I should bring whatever I wanted to sell, to him and we could work out a price. He further stated that their pricing was based on a 100% markup ie: an 1/8 of OG Kush retail $60 would wholesale at $30 or $240 an oz. Hopes this clears up some of your questions

could a cooperative or dispensary b opened in the uk

could a cooperative or dispensary b opened in the uk

AfaIK, there are NO provisions for medicinal-use cannabis anywhere in the UK. So you'd have to successfully lobby for the laws to change first.

An uphill battle, I'm sure - but a worthy one.

I have also heard 240 per oz as a norm for good indoor, outdoor is running at 800 per lb this is from 2 owners in the Bay Area. They wanted to buy my personal stash when I was up with my dad....shit that is never gonna happen! They liked it a lot but it was the best I saw when I was in town for a few so I couldn't.......I always live by the rule of smoke the best you have. Not to mention I don't feel sorry for jokers that have jars and jars full but I'll be back they liked the Dr's medication muhahahahahaahah !

And yes not everyone can grow dank nuggets of power.....when I look at the bud I find most of the time it's cut way to early, cutting when your bud is ripe will defiantly be a start I have only found properly dried and harvested nuggets a few times. Be patient and you will be rewarded whenever I've rushed things it slaps me in the face with weak buds.

Luckily for me my weak shit is better than the so called dank here in the Missouri or I would be in the poor house with no weed to smoke.......they tax the crap out of good bud here it's a shame.

Back
Top Bottom