Results 1 to 14 of 14
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Hightide805

Thread: Co-op Dispensaries Wholesale buying Policies

  1. #1
    New Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    8

    Co-op Dispensaries Wholesale buying Policies

    An idea hit me just now while browsing the forums. I saw a lot of dispensaries listing their menu's on what they sell.

    On another thread I saw that one persons efforts on finding out menu's from a few dispensaries by phone ended up with him being hung up on.

    I was wondering if it would be possible for dispensaries and co-ops to list their policies on wholesale buying ( or compensating whatever you want to call it) medical marijuana, and hashish from growers in this thread I just started. There are a lot of people on here including me who are very interested in getting into this and the information on the topic seem very limited. I figured listing the policies would be just as easy as listing the menu's.

    Policies like:

    What your rules are.

    If you buy at all.

    If you take it on consignment and see how it does in a few weeks.

    The strains you look for most.

    Do you buy hash?

    If you favor sea of green or hydroponics.

    If there is a limit to how much you'll buy from a grower.

    I hope my questions aren't out of place. I think they are need to know for anyone aspiring to grow for dispensaries. They are probably on everyone's mind that wants to grow but never thought to ask.

    I would really like to get into doing this but I know even if I grow the worlds greatest hydroponic OG Kush it isn't going to matter if I can't get it to people that need it besides myself and my girl friend. I have bad back, neck and leg pain plus high stress caused from my job conditions and she has very bad depression and pain's in other places.

    I'm not a grower yet but I've been extensively researching everything there is to know about it over the past month. I know its something I can be very good at but I'm at the point where I need feedback from dispensaries to decide if its really viable and I figured forums like this would be a good place to start.
    Thanks.

  2. #2
    420 Member LilSteve47's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    LAX, South Bay CA
    Posts
    65

    Re: Co-op Dispensaries Wholesale buying Policies

    As a regular patient at the dispensary I use most often, I've asked a lot of questions of the owners about preparing cannabutter and shown them pics of my plants. Last week I was talking to the owner and he told me that when I was ready to harvest, I should bring whatever I wanted to sell, to him and we could work out a price. He further stated that their pricing was based on a 100% markup ie: an 1/8 of OG Kush retail $60 would wholesale at $30 or $240 an oz. Hopes this clears up some of your questions

  3. #3
    420 Member Hightide805's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    California Coast
    Posts
    1,105

    Re: Co-op Dispensaries Wholesale buying Policies

    Quote Originally Posted by Vicious420 View Post

    I'm not a grower yet but I've been extensively researching everything there is to know about it over the past month. I know its something I can be very good at but I'm at the point where I need feedback from dispensaries to decide if its really viable and I figured forums like this would be a good place to start.
    Thanks.
    maybe start growing to see if you can grow a quality plant... there are a lot of little things that you keep learning every cycle, and TONS of things to control, its like anything, it takes practice. anyone can grow, but not everyone can grow dank.
    Music is the universal joint so take a hit
    ___________________________

  4. #4
    New Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    8

    Re: Co-op Dispensaries Wholesale buying Policies

    Thanks for the replies. I'll be a regular at one or two places once I get my doctors note. My legs and shoulder are killing me as I type this. I work as a paparazzi in Los Angeles and the job is constantly standing and running around while having 5-10 pounds in equipment strapped to you for 8-15 hours. Plus there is the constant stress of never actually knowing how much money you'll make that month when you're freelance.

    I tried some Bubba Kush last night and it made everything go away. Amazing stuff. I couldn't make new memories for a few hours. It was like living in a dream.

    I've put researching indoor growing on hold for researching guerilla growing. I find both very very interesting. I'm sure there are a lot of things nobody writes about that just come up and learned by experience. If I did start growing today it would probably just be 4 to 6 plants in my closet with a 400Watt light and a home made hydroponics system.

    Thanks for the bit of input Lilsteve. It was helpful

  5. #5
    420 Member theno420's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    the no cali
    Posts
    65

    Re: Co-op Dispensaries Wholesale buying Policies

    i also asked my local dispensary about how they aquire there maryjane and they told me to make an appointment and bring in a gram of some samples of what i had so they could try it out and if they liked what they smoked then we could make arrangements and talk about pricing etc.

  6. #6
    420 Member LilSteve47's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    LAX, South Bay CA
    Posts
    65

    Re: Co-op Dispensaries Wholesale buying Policies

    I was probably imprudent in my previous post about the dispensary owners conversation with me, as the LA City Attorney and Council are cracking down of the dispensaries setting a city wide limit of 80+, granted it's going to take some time to make this happen but nonetheless it will happen. Unless the laws change and I'm not talking just medical uses but using hemp/cannabis in all the ways the plant and fiber can be used. It seems to me that if the government could see the industrial uses of hemp and the ecological benefits, we could be on our way to recovery both medically and industrially.
    but I'm ranting now so........ta ta

  7. #7
    ecoins
    Guest

    Re: Co-op Dispensaries Wholesale buying Policies

    We all have to start telling co-op's "we need menu's listed and current" so many times I go, and they are out of the ones listed or price changes.


    Quote Originally Posted by Vicious420 View Post
    An idea hit me just now while browsing the forums. I saw a lot of dispensaries listing their menu's on what they sell.

    On another thread I saw that one persons efforts on finding out menu's from a few dispensaries by phone ended up with him being hung up on.

    I was wondering if it would be possible for dispensaries and co-ops to list their policies on wholesale buying ( or compensating whatever you want to call it) medical marijuana, and hashish from growers in this thread I just started. There are a lot of people on here including me who are very interested in getting into this and the information on the topic seem very limited. I figured listing the policies would be just as easy as listing the menu's.

    Policies like:

    What your rules are.

    If you buy at all.

    If you take it on consignment and see how it does in a few weeks.

    The strains you look for most.

    Do you buy hash?

    If you favor sea of green or hydroponics.

    If there is a limit to how much you'll buy from a grower.

    I hope my questions aren't out of place. I think they are need to know for anyone aspiring to grow for dispensaries. They are probably on everyone's mind that wants to grow but never thought to ask.

    I would really like to get into doing this but I know even if I grow the worlds greatest hydroponic OG Kush it isn't going to matter if I can't get it to people that need it besides myself and my girl friend. I have bad back, neck and leg pain plus high stress caused from my job conditions and she has very bad depression and pain's in other places.

    I'm not a grower yet but I've been extensively researching everything there is to know about it over the past month. I know its something I can be very good at but I'm at the point where I need feedback from dispensaries to decide if its really viable and I figured forums like this would be a good place to start.
    Thanks.
    Last edited by 420 Girl; 01-25-2010 at 05:55 PM.

  8. #8
    ecoins
    Guest

    Re: Co-op Dispensaries Wholesale buying Policies

    Well, I work as an actor, Union too, thank God for the new Paparazzi distance Laws in effect this year...LOL

    Smoke out dude and then will give you a better interview and pose...LOL Just teasing you about the thank god part, but yeah those laws are in effect.

    Quote Originally Posted by Vicious420 View Post
    Thanks for the replies. I'll be a regular at one or two places once I get my doctors note. My legs and shoulder are killing me as I type this. I work as a paparazzi in Los Angeles and the job is constantly standing and running around while having 5-10 pounds in equipment strapped to you for 8-15 hours. Plus there is the constant stress of never actually knowing how much money you'll make that month when you're freelance.

    I tried some Bubba Kush last night and it made everything go away. Amazing stuff. I couldn't make new memories for a few hours. It was like living in a dream.

    I've put researching indoor growing on hold for researching guerilla growing. I find both very very interesting. I'm sure there are a lot of things nobody writes about that just come up and learned by experience. If I did start growing today it would probably just be 4 to 6 plants in my closet with a 400Watt light and a home made hydroponics system.

    Thanks for the bit of input Lilsteve. It was helpful

  9. #9
    ecoins
    Guest

    Re: Co-op Dispensaries Wholesale buying Policies

    California has Hemp farms out side of LA up more Northern California and Federal and state taxes are paid every year.

    Quote Originally Posted by LilSteve47 View Post
    I was probably imprudent in my previous post about the dispensary owners conversation with me, as the LA City Attorney and Council are cracking down of the dispensaries setting a city wide limit of 80+, granted it's going to take some time to make this happen but nonetheless it will happen. Unless the laws change and I'm not talking just medical uses but using hemp/cannabis in all the ways the plant and fiber can be used. It seems to me that if the government could see the industrial uses of hemp and the ecological benefits, we could be on our way to recovery both medically and industrially.
    but I'm ranting now so........ta ta

  10. #10
    New Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    SOUTHERN OREGON
    Posts
    25

    Re: Co-op Dispensaries Wholesale buying Policies

    Quote Originally Posted by hightide805 View Post
    maybe start growing to see if you can grow a quality plant... There are a lot of little things that you keep learning every cycle, and tons of things to control, its like anything, it takes practice. Anyone can grow, but not everyone can grow dank.
    yep yep yep!

  11. #11
    New Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    35

    Re: Co-op Dispensaries Wholesale buying Policies

    Dispensaries take your pot now and pay later. Don't give your meds to any one you can't trust to pay you. Be sure to have the home number of the owner or manager.

  12. #12
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    13

    Re: Co-op Dispensaries Wholesale buying Policies

    Quote Originally Posted by LilSteve47 View Post
    As a regular patient at the dispensary I use most often, I've asked a lot of questions of the owners about preparing cannabutter and shown them pics of my plants. Last week I was talking to the owner and he told me that when I was ready to harvest, I should bring whatever I wanted to sell, to him and we could work out a price. He further stated that their pricing was based on a 100% markup ie: an 1/8 of OG Kush retail $60 would wholesale at $30 or $240 an oz. Hopes this clears up some of your questions
    could a cooperative or dispensary b opened in the uk

  13. #13
    420 Member of the Month (Oct 10') TorturedSoul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity, but don't rule out malice.
    Posts
    5,067
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Co-op Dispensaries Wholesale buying Policies

    Quote Originally Posted by georgey View Post
    could a cooperative or dispensary b opened in the uk
    AfaIK, there are NO provisions for medicinal-use cannabis anywhere in the UK. So you'd have to successfully lobby for the laws to change first.

    An uphill battle, I'm sure - but a worthy one.
    Respectfully,
    Tortured Soul
    Apathy is evil
    "At the end of the season of sorrows comes the time of rejoicing. Spring, like a well-oiled clock, noiselessly indicates this time." -Roger Zelazny

    HELP by visiting our sponsors
    PARTICIPATE by reading, learning, & teaching in our forums
    DECIDE by voting in our contests

  14. #14
    420 Member DrProfessor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    SoCal Desert.......poolside
    Posts
    187

    Re: Co-op Dispensaries Wholesale buying Policies

    I have also heard 240 per oz as a norm for good indoor, outdoor is running at 800 per lb this is from 2 owners in the Bay Area. They wanted to buy my personal stash when I was up with my dad....shit that is never gonna happen! They liked it a lot but it was the best I saw when I was in town for a few so I couldn't.......I always live by the rule of smoke the best you have. Not to mention I don't feel sorry for jokers that have jars and jars full but I'll be back they liked the Dr's medication muhahahahahaahah !

    And yes not everyone can grow dank nuggets of power.....when I look at the bud I find most of the time it's cut way to early, cutting when your bud is ripe will defiantly be a start I have only found properly dried and harvested nuggets a few times. Be patient and you will be rewarded whenever I've rushed things it slaps me in the face with weak buds.

    Luckily for me my weak shit is better than the so called dank here in the Missouri or I would be in the poor house with no weed to smoke.......they tax the crap out of good bud here it's a shame.
    The Dr. Professor