Illinois Medical Marijuana doctor

lisajean123

I have heard it is true, i know it is possible. everyone is talking about it. i know i would qualify. Where and how do i get medical marijuana prescription?

IL SB 1381 did not pass.
We do not have Medical Cannabis available to us legally here in IL.

Also, I do not think anyone actually gets a medical marijuana prescription.
Doctors cannot prescribe cannabis, only recommend it.

Anyone want to chime in on this?

1381 was voted on twice and narrowly lost both times it is dead now that the new il congress is seated but within 2 days of the new assembly there was a new bill hb 30 maybe sb 30 introduced by lou lang and he says no matter how many times it gets defeated he will reintroduce a new bill asap after and said he plans on being around for awhile--so we got a very commited rep on our side for this and hopefully can get it passed this year

Since patients are not going to be allowed to grow there own medicine. Does this mean patients will have to pay an inflated price for something they could do them self for the price of a seed? Most people who are sick and suffering are already strapped for cash due to their illness and won't be able to afford the medicine that could help them. I am still happy lou lang is still putting an effort forward to help the suffering, but not sure how cash strapped sufferers will be able to afford it. At least it is a step forward and we will have to ride it out until we can all come together to get that part changed and make to were the sick can grow there own meds to save money they don't have.:peacetwo:

Google 1978 Illinois Cannabis Control Act

Illinois passed a Medical Cannabis law in 1978 but it's implementation was blocked.

If I was an Il. voter I'd call my reps and senators and ask them about this?
And why they are not doing more to honour a 32 plus year old law that is ALREADY on the books.

Look it up and ask WHY?

Google 1978 Illinois Cannabis Control Act

Illinois passed a Medical Cannabis law in 1978 but it's implementation was blocked.

If I was an Il. voter I'd call my reps and senators and ask them about this?
And why they are not doing more to honour a 32 plus year old law that is ALREADY on the books.

Look it up and ask WHY?

I use the mpp project's link when ever any changes come up. And try to encourage everyone I know that has interest in this subject to do the same . Even have my mom sending messages to them also. I have tried to stay active as much as possible. At least the Illinois health dept is taking the issue a little more serious now.

i live in Il. myself, and all i can get is script meds for pain, and they don't work. i'm disabled, and my list is in my intro. i've decided to grow, but as Ken posted, meds and lack of a decent income have me strapped. everything i've decided to do will have to come in steps.

i live in Il. myself, and all i can get is script meds for pain, and they don't work. i'm disabled, and my list is in my intro. i've decided to grow, but as Ken posted, meds and lack of a decent income have me strapped. everything i've decided to do will have to come in steps.

Ya I cant see anyone being able to afford 60 for an 8th ounce. When that sixty is all ready spent before they even get it. Due to medical bills and living expenses I see it being just a dream of some who just want to try something safer for them than the prescription meds from the doctors that ruins organs and cause way to many side effects. I have several friends that are disabled and they are on a roman noodle diet for the last week of every month waiting for their disability check to come in. And the way I see it most people who are disabled are in the same boat. Good luck with the grow Duane1 keep it quite and tell no one

I just survived brain surgery in 11.2010... then in 2011, the seizures began. Three times
a week. My doctors \surgeons suggests smoking. The law did not pass. The meds are aweful. I'm not sure what 2 do? Any suggestions, anyone? I've perm. nerve damage as well.

move to a medical state as illinois will be one of the very last to ever have any compassion for someone such as yourself. perhaps you could get a michigan address and go up there and get a "greencard" and see if it helps

i called my State Representative a couple of days ago...her name is Jill Tracy...her phone number is: 1-217-223-0833. she voted against the Cannabis Bill. i called Lou Lang's office and i was given the name of Dan Lynn...his phone number is: 1-847-341-0591. i called Dan, but have gotten no re-call yet. another name and number is Aaron Schock, his number: 1-309-671-7027. the Bill will come up for vote again March 20th.

Jharie, i think the only med we will have access to until this Bill passes, will be Marinol. i will ask today since i have a Dr. appt. and i'll let you know.

Thanks 2 all for replies, I appreciate it. My doctors are 2 quick 2
Dispense a pill. All this is new. What is marinol? What is cannoibnul? Not sure of the
Spelling..Also it's 10am..

Jharie...a green card allows you a perscription for Cannabis !!!!...Marinol is a big pharma knock-ff for natural Cannabis !!!!!

i asked my neurologist for a script but he said he'd suggesr anorher back surgery before he'd give the script !!!!!...not gonna happen again !!!!!

Back
Top Bottom