Thread: Doctor in Edmonton Canada that will Prescribe Medicinal Marijuana?

Doctor in Edmonton Canada that will Prescribe Medicinal Marijuana?

I'm currently in search of a doctor in the Edmonton area that is 420 friendly. I suffer from nerve damage caused by reacurring shingles, AC joint seperation, degenetive disease in my back, insomnia and arthritic. Normally I wouldn't need to seek out a professional to obtain it but due to the nature of my job I am randomly tested and fearful that I will be caught with THC in my system. I don't smoke while on the job nor do I smoke prior to working. The doctors have been giving me painkillers which I don't take because I am fearful of becoming addicted. My family doctor doesn't feel that THC is useful for pain relief. I argue the facts to no avail. I'm hoping someone can recommend me a doctor willing to help me. Thank you.

re: Doctor in Edmonton Canada that will Prescribe Medicinal Marijuana?

Come on guys. Over a 100 views and not one person can point me in the right direction? The thought of taking oxy or perks gives me the hebbie jebbies or taking drugs like Celebrex or the like can be dangerous to my health. I'm tired of stressing over a few puffs before bed but being unemployed because I chose a natural pain relief is even more stressing. I'm not trying to haunt down a doctor so I can smoke legally without cause. I'm tired of numb hands, sever pain especially in my shoulder/neck. My collar bone is no longer attached to my shoulder and it's my steering arm. I'm not sure how much longer I can tolerate the pain unmedicated.

It might help if you explain where Edmonton is, is that a city in the US?

Quote Originally Posted by 420 View Post
    It might help if you explain where Edmonton is, is that a city in the US?
    No. I live in Edmonton Alberta. It was suggested to me by a gent that runs a headshop here in my city to go to BC which is our neighboring province to have it done. Alberta doesn't really support it for medicinal use. It's sad that our country, Canada, is one of the biggest producers of the magical stuff yet we live in fear of we use it. It's frustrating for me to know that my dr will prescribe oxy-cotin but won't prescribe marihuana. I can drink my face off on my time off but can't have a toke. Guess our society would rather I become an addict or an alcoholic. I don't drink and can't tolerate the thought of becoming addicted to pills. Because I drive truck and I'm just a little thing I use my left shoulder all day long and my hip is painful. Sleeping has been hard to do. End of the day I just wanna puff and sleep. Being unable to do that with out issues at work prevents me from partaking.

Re: Doctor in Edmonton Canada that will Prescribe Medicinal Marijuana?

Updated your title to alert others of where you actually are, that should help.

420 Member

Hey fellow canuck, unfort the Harper Conservative Gov't from Alberta has decided to start throwing prescribing
    doctors in jail (google Kamermans Coe Hill for the story) and sent them all running scared.

Several cooperatives in BC are signing med forms by skype at an average cost of 450-600 with a maximum of 10
    grams prescribed per day.

Sorry to advise that having a certificate from Health Canada will not prevent you from being fired or charged on the job,
    our Conservative Harper Gov't have removed that layer of protection.
    For more info on MedPot in Western Canada please visit the following blog spot
    Medical Marijuana with TheSmeeGoanGuy

Hey, I am also having the same issue in Edmonton. If you have any success feel free to pm me

wow ok read that thanks im in alberta too anyone do the skype one ?

Know of any of the BC folks willing to do that? Cheers

haha any success?