Medical Marijuana Services - Looking for a prescription in Canada under new laws?

stealthgrow

Hi everyone.

I'm seeing tons of fellow Canadians looking for access to MMJ. Under the new rules Doctors are the Key holders of MMJ, Health Canada is no longer involved. Here is a website I found while doing dome research. Its an Ottawa based company/service but there is no mention on their website about having to be in Ottawa, in fact it mentions Skype appointments with a Doctor are possible.
Medical Marijuana Service or MMS
From What I understand MMS is a service that hooks up patients with Cannabis Friendly Doctors. It says on their website that they do charge a fee between $100-$500 for the prescription. Feel free to check it out for yourselves.

Link to the MMS site
Medical Marijuana Services

Medical Marijuana Services (MMS) was established in october 2013 as a patient navigation service to help applicants obtain marijuana as a Legal form of medicine under the Health Canada’s MMPR (Marijuana from Medical Purposes Regulation) system.

MMS works closely with doctors to ensure the highest patient care. Our compassionate doctors are happy to provide professional assessments of your illness and explain how marijuana will work for you.

We offer our patients a consultation with a marijuana friendly doctor either in person, Skype or telephone.

Our staff will be happy to explain the process and help you choose a Licensed Commercial Producer (LCP). It is our job to walk you through the process of becoming a legal user of marijuana as an effective medicine. Get legal today.

I really hope this helps. ;)
Good luck.

Re: Medical Marijuana Services - Looking for a prescription in Canada under the new l

Hello again everyone.:ciao:

Just updating about Medicalmarijuanaservices.ca.
Within days of filling out my paperwork and mailing it off, I got a reply from MMS. I met with a representative and completed the application by providing some missing info. Within 2 business days of that, I had a Skype appointment with a doctor and was granted a prescription. In the end the total fee was $350, but I can now order from a Licensed Commercial Provider (LCP) and my meds will be couriered right to my house.

The LCP has several different strains available, some with a very high THC content and other strains with high CBD and many in between. Some Indica's, some Sativa's and some Hybrids, the strains don't go by the normal names though, they are trying to make it sound a little more medical.
Prices are $7.60/g to $9.69/g, and all the strains are tested for THC% and CBD% content. Shipping is free for the first order every month, and also free on all other orders over 60 grams. Maximum a patient can order is 150 grams/month.

I'll do another update once I actually receive my meds for a review, and I'll post some pics of the Buds.
;)

Re: Medical Marijuana Services - Looking for a prescription in Canada under the new l

Thank you for sharing this info. By any chance does a prescription allow the user to grow MJ in limited quantities?

Thank you for sharing this info. By any chance does a prescription allow the user to grow MJ in limited quantities?

Hi
Unfortunately no--anyone who gets a prescription after April 1st 2014 is NOT allowed to grow for personal use. Only those who had a growers permit before April 1st can continue to grow. There is currently an injunction to allow this, and its ongoing through the courts. Hopefully once the courts reach their decision, anyone who has a prescription will be able to grow but that's a year or so away.

Thanks again. I signed up on that site, I will post on how things work out.

Hi again everyone.:ciao:

I got my "Dried Marihuana" from my LCP the other day, and as promised here are some pics. A little pricey with taxes and everything but quality is nice. I bought 3 strains just to try a selection of what was on offer for my first purchase. The Orange#4 if my favorite, it seems like a Sativa dominate Hybrid, a very nice up high and tastes great.

Red #3 Indica. Taste is dank but a little fruity, Blueberry or grapey. I think this is a Purple Kush of some variety. Definitely a indica buzz, expect to stay on the couch playing video games or watching a movie for a little while. Also good before bed to help with sleep.:bong:

IMG_0006129.JPG

IMG_0001138.JPG

IMG_0002146.JPG

Orange #1 Hybrid. Very earthy, piney taste. buzz is very nice, energetic yet relaxed. Cranked the tunes, and got some housework done.;)

IMG_0005144.JPG

IMG_0003152.JPG

IMG_0004143.JPG

Orange #4 Hybrid. My favorite, definitely a Sativa dominate Hybrid. Very nice taste, Citrus, lemony or pineapple taste Smoked a nice joint and my cheeks started to get tired from smiling so much. Gave me the tingles in my arms and legs, which hasn't happened in a long time with cannabis. Definitely going to order more of this next time.
:rollit:
IMG_001196.JPG

IMG_0007118.JPG

IMG_0010110.JPG

I hope everyone who needs MMJ, gets MMJ.
Stay medicated my friends.;)

Fantastic info stealthgrow, I'm very grateful for your posts like this.
I have yet to send my papers in as I was unsure which grower to use but now I will pick LCP and get the Red #3 and Orange #4.
My crohns has been active as of late and should be getting on this ASAP.

Thanks again.

I have yet to send my papers in as I was unsure which grower to use but now I will pick LCP and get the Red #3 and Orange #4.

Thanks again.

My pleasure.;)

I hope all goes well for you, I don't imagine you'll have any difficulties getting your prescription if you have Crohns.
I'm very happy with the entire process from start to finish, and recommend you don't delay.

MMS was very helpful, great to work with, and setup the Doctors appointment very quickly, the Doctors interview was snap over Skype, and within 4 days of my doctors appointment I was able to order from the Licensed Commercial Provider (LCP) Mettrum www.mettrum.com. Once I ordered my medicine it only took 2 days by Canada Post.

I suggest you guys speak with Home as they really helped me with obtaining my license. I currently have medical cannabis for my insomnia and lower back pain! I used to snow board until I wiped out and stopped snowboarding as recommended by my doctor due to some crooked spine or something.

Check them out they may help as they have doctors across different regions in Ontario as they say..

Love being able to fall asleep with no pain!

Home

I paid $300.00 and referred a friend and they gave me $50 back for a referral some promotion they had

Thanks again.

could you pm me? i stumbled across this thread looking for help with my crohns..would love some help to get going in the right direction so i can start feeling better..thanks..

Hi Pembro.:ciao:

I can't recommend medicalmarijuanaservices.ca enough. I was skeptical at first but everything went very smooth and in less than 3 weeks from start to finish I had my prescription. Best place to start is at their website.
www.medicalmarijuanaservices.ca

Good luck friend.;)

Thanks again.

How did everything go Oldntired? Did you get your prescription?

P.S If you order from Mettrum, I suggest sticking to the Orange #4, skip the Red#3 its not as good. They also have 2 new strains coming out in the next week or two.

Hi Pembro.:ciao:

I can't recommend medicalmarijuanaservices.ca enough. I was skeptical at first but everything went very smooth and in less than 3 weeks from start to finish I had my prescription. Best place to start is at their website.
www.medicalmarijuanaservices.ca

Good luck friend.;)

Can you pm me stealth. I won't take more then 3 mins of your time.

So how long does a prescription last? And how often does it need to be renewed? And is it more expensive then just going to my dealer?

Hi Stealth, I contacted them and discussed my situation with their rep.
I have filled out the forms but until I have the 350.00$ I need to sit on the forms.
Soon I hope.

So how long does a prescription last? And how often does it need to be renewed? And is it more expensive then just going to my dealer?

The prescription lasts 1 yr, and needs a yearly renewal. I don't know the renewal costs, but I assume its going to be a little cheaper as they already have your file etc...I'm finding the price with taxes is just under 9$/g, no discounts for amount bought and you must buy at least 15 grams at a time, but the quality is good. Your first order every 30 day cycle is free shipping and any other orders over 60g is also free shipping. ( the 9$/g including taxes price is for the meds that cost 7.60$/g--there are more potent Sativa strains that aren't available right now that cost 9.60/g + taxes and possibly shipping...very pricey.)

Is it more expensive than your black market dealer? That depends I'm sure on how much you pay for quality and quantity from your dealer. Mettrum is not cheap, but the quality is there.

I'm finding its pretty much "black market" prices if your used to buying small amounts, but if you normally grow your own, or buy in larger amounts its way more expensive, but its legal.
F-ing Government.

Im so glad I stumbled upon this website! I was in the process of getting a prescription through another online company but I haven't really talked to anyone who has used it personally so I am going to go through MMS and fill out their paper work and probably work with them instead of the other company. Id rather pay a bit more and know that it is not a scam.

Back
Top Bottom