Help Discussing Medical Marijuana With My Doctor - Illinois

FrostyDragon

Hello,
I am only 24 years old and I do suffer from seizures the last grand mal seizure I had was back in 2007, in 2009 I was taken off my meds as an older doctor(which I dont see anymore as hes a kids doctor) for the longest time I thought I out grew the seizures and just recently in the last couple of weeks I had 2 small seizures (about a week apart) where I did bite my tongue the 1st one wasnt as bad as the 2nd one I had where it took over a week where I could talk normal again. After I found out about having the 1st one I did go to the ER and they gave me an prescription for pain meds(which I used after both seizures) and get me started back on my old meds which I believe is no longer working. I did start smoking marijuana in 2010 threw October of last year(2014) do to problems being able to get any (the person I used to get it from we no longer speak do to other reasons) and had not had any seizures during the time I smoked marijuana. The reason why I even started smoking it was because of back pain as I am spina bifida(which is not covered under Illinois MMJ), I had 2 back surgeries when I was a kid one by knife and one by laser and luckily one of few that can walk normal.
Now to the question how do I talk to my doctor (I have been with this doctor sense I was around 13 maybe a little older.) to write a written certification for medical marijuana card for my seizures as I believe its what stopped/treated them for so long. Instead of being put on 100 different types of medications and fighting it until some medication works. (I don't want to go into a grand mal because I could die as I do live alone)

Signed,
FrostyDragon

Back
Top Bottom