Current Laws in Canada - May 2016

hardboiled

fwiw, I spoke with my doctor yesterday about sign off for a Health Canada permit.

They told me that the laws and corresponding regulations are a mess - due to successful appeals, and the previous government doing what governments do, which is nothing.

So...they told me applications aren't currently accepted from MD's.

The good news is that psychiatrists CAN sign off, and are one of the few that are still valid.

It took me some time to figure out the current state of affairs, thought I'd share.

In a year, who knows. But, medical is not recreational, and I'm right pissed that the current shitshow is the norm until leadership is actually shown.

I can't really say I'm surprised. A few months back, my doctor fully supported my cannabis use, yet just last week she gave the other half sleeping pills saying he shouldn't be using cannabis. It could cause addiction. One of the moments where you have to bite your tongue so you don't loose it.

I'm in the process of trying to obtain a diagnosis, and should have one within a few weeks. However, with the state of our MMRP system, I'm not sure it will even matter. Sometimes you have to take your health into your own hands. I'm in my twenties, lost nearly half my body weight (100lbs), am in constant pain, but they'd rather TRY different medications that allow me access to the one that I know works? Prohibition sucks.

doc gave me 3 oxy's a day at 30 mg each for over a year. talked about cannabis, but never produced. after more than a year on the oxy, one day he says piss off don't come back. nothing to deal withdrawals at all. nothing for pain. just wants nothing to do with me. says "find another doc who will help". no doc is gonna take a new patient who is "drug seeking". but he doesn't care.

haven't seen a doc since.

yes our awesome "free medical" everyone brags about just aint as great as they think it is.

p.s. this was for multiple herniated discs from the neck down. which he misdiagnosed for over 4 years to begin with before any pain management.

Once big pharma has a lot of commercially processed canna-products in their paws, I'm sure it will be pushed as much as anything else. Seems like I can't go to the doctor for the slightest ailment without them pushing anti-depressants or anti-anxiety meds. It's crazy.
As a grower I do appreciate how paranoia levels have gone down in Canada over the last ten years- but isn't something we can credit the government for - it's the result of many brave people fighting against the government. I guess that's all just stating the obvious though... I dunno, I don't expect much from them personally. They'll always be... government. I'll do my thing and they can do theirs, hopefully ;)

Back
Top Bottom