Need doctor in MD

flyguy3333

i have been currently using marijuana for years to help my ADD and depression but never have been diagnosed with either bc MJ has always helped me

does anyone know if i can still use medical marijuana for these ailments without proior diagnosis? and if so is there a doctor in maryland anyone knows about that i can use???

Im sorry Flyguy but you dont really have medical marijuana laws in Maryland.

Maryland's legislature passed a medical marijuana affirmative defense law in 2003. This law requires the court to consider a defendant's use of medical marijuana to be a mitigating factor in marijuana-related state prosecution. If the patient, post-arrest, successfully makes the case at trial that his or her use of marijuana is one of medical necessity, then the maximum penalty allowed by law would be a $100 fine.

Basicaly if you can get a docotr to say that marijuana helps you then you would only have to pay $100 at worst, but your still gonig to lose your medicine and pay some type of fine and chances are you'll get a recored from it.

i already got in trouble once and just wanted it to go away as quietly and quickly as possible bc of my job so it is off my record now but i am so much more paranoid when smoking and do need it especially for ADD. i have been reading up on MD laws and there isnt even an official form needed just a note from a doctor. this pisses me off and is very confusing

OK here's the break down. If a doctor in Maryland wants to say that you need to use marijuana that doesn't mean you are protected from the law. What it means is they will just lower the fine also if you proved you smoked for medical use it should not go on your record.

My advise is if you want to be protected for smoking marijuana for medical reasons then move to a state with actual marijuana laws.

I get chronic migraines. I mean brain feels like it's moon walking out of my ears and pills and asprin can't do jack to help. But when i smoke a blunt my splitting headaches just vanish. I'm currently living in MD. All i need to do is see my physician and get a written note saying that i need Med Marijuana. But i can still get penalized?

Govener Bob Erlic didn't really do shit for us marylanders.
MD's medical marijuana affirmative defense law didn't really help anyone since no doctors in MD will give you that note unless you were dieing and more than likely they still wouldn't give it. Too afraid to become a posterchild and destroying their practice.

the biggest mistake i made was moving from california to maryland, i have lost all my smoker buddies and connections. i wish i could get home, but unless i hit the lottery, i won't ever be able to own a home anywhere near where the rest of my family lives. maybe someday

i live in MD, Gaithersburg. I have Insomnia i cant sleep my eyes just wont close.
My Doc is an ass, all the medicine he gave me dosent work, i just get me retarded for about 4 hours , but my eyes still wont close. i have been using Marijuana for about 4 years, that all the good medicine i need. i get high. then hungry and then i sleep like a baby. Unfortunately i hear there is not medicinal marijuana in MD. Does anyone else cure there Insomnia like this? :hmmmm:

Stay High :cool:

I use MMJ for ADHD. I know we don't have proactive MMJ laws but getting off the hook and paying a small fine is something compared to doing jailtime or paying $10,000 fine. Do out-of-state recommendations work? Or does it have to be a MD doctor? I know there are a lot of smokers around DC, it should be possible to find at least one doctor sympathetic to this cause?

Dam! I can't believe this Thread has been on here since "2006!", Talk about some STONERS!!! Oh well, I'm Stoned right now too! But I'll ask my question anyway! Is there any Doctors out here in Md. that are willing to write Recommendations yet? or Does anyone know if out of state Recommendation are acceptable? Thanks and Stay Stoned!! The RevRob714

Is there any Doctors out here in Md. that are willing to write Recommendations yet? or Does anyone know if out of state Recommendation are acceptable?

Cops will do what they do and advise; "Tell it to the judge."
I'm thinking that any doctors' rec is better than none, but have 'legal defense money' handy.

Hi everyone...I know Maryland you cant really get a script as of yet ..to use marijuana legally for medical use or otherwise, but I am looking for a dr. that will give me a recomendation. I have used Marijuana since 1980 and I am a professional. I use it for depression and FM.. It relaxes me and I want to be able to obtain a recomdation by a Doctor that is willing to put it in writing. A fine of $100 is better then any time you could serve. I live in Hazzard County..as we call it. The cops here are crazy..I know a friend who got charged with manufacturing just for a seed found on the floor of his car. I know many more stories, and here it is a 90% conviction county..so we really need some help here, but, all the stuffy law makers here, are apauled by the marijuana laws. They just want to put ya away for the use of it...or put ya on probation, so you smoke and screw up and go to jail..hang ya on probation like a nuce.... The cops still arrest and raid homes here for people who use it. I would like some protection for my use, because I really do use it for medical use, just not prescribed. Can anyone on here help me find a doctor in Maryland who will help?

im a marylander too with MS. using my mmj for pain and to help with side effects from my meds. does anyone know if the doctor writing the note needs to have their practice in Maryland? or do they just have to be licensed in the US?

might make a trip to Cali worth it.

Back
Top Bottom