The bioethics of medical marijuana

Is medical marijuana a bioethical issue?

• no, it is not

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

MzBarbie

I'm a college student writing a paper on the bioethics of medical marijuana, what i need from everyone on the site is to give your opinion on this subject. yep that's it, i just need you comment with an opinion, if we can get a friendly and educated argument going that would be even better.
remember to post FACTS to support your argument, also i'd like to hear from both sides of the argument.

if you'd take the time to comment it will be much appreciated. i want to hear what the people have to say, not the answers they cooked up in labs:)

thanks a bunch

Bioethics: a field of study concerned with the ethics and philosophical implications of certain biological and Medical procedures, technologies, and treatments, as organ transplants, genetic engineering, and care of the terminally ill.

I am a single father, disabled Teamster, and East Coast MMJ Patient (Rhode Island) who presents with chronic pain, severe muscle spasms, and seizures after being completely run over 10yrs ago. I was recommended MMJ last Nov and have been licensed through the RI DOH both as a Patient and Caregiver to 5 Patients in a state with no dispensary as of yet.
I used to HAVE to take several different medications daily that could prove fatal to others. Since using Medical Marijuana I no longer take anti-convulsants to control seizures, muscle relaxers for spasms, and have reduced pain meds for damaged nerves and spinal injuries.
Since I have been licensed I was arrested days into my first garden and am headed to Trial Monday the 29th of Nov (see Busted ) after initially being denied bail and later released on Home Confinement I was informed I could grow Medical Marijuana again. Since being licensed before arrest I was using twice daily and saw immediate health benefits starting to discontinue my muscle relaxers and using less pain meds and anti-convulsants. I was held and denied ALL Meds suffering seizures and crippling pain in my cell and was fortunate to have a good cell mate. (I have never been held before). Since my release my health improves daily and my quality of life is directly related to using MMJ. I no longer take any meds except severe pain and depend on MMJ early morning and late at night with daily use at approximately 5grams. It is a no brainer to me and I have far better health and spirits using MMJ. I do think the bio ethical issues surrounding MMJ are few, but strongest among them is the subjective interpretations by law enforcement. They are charged with protecting us and upholding law but when told to change 40yr old behavior overnight, it just doesn't happen and innocent people are hurt in the process. If there are any health issues I missed please let me know feel free to ask away anything you wish the question is a bit ambiguous.
I am glad to help. :goodluck::nicethread:

wow your story is amazing thank you for sharing it. i believe that MMJ needs to be looked at more as a treatment and pain management than a drug. it should be available to ANYONE and everyone who chooses to take this method of treatment, after all doctors are obligated to prolong life & relieve pain. its horrible what they did to you.

you said you use about 5grams a day, if you dont mind me asking do you smoke?vaporize?eat edibles?a combination of the 3?which do you find more effective?

Back
Top Bottom