Best City In California To Grow - Legal

bonomnom

I am a personal grower currently living in Chicago and was considering the viability of moving to California to grow medical marijuana to sell to dispensaries. I have looked over the city and county laws and would like to live in a city and grow the most plants I legally (state) can and was also wondering about areas that are more weed friendly. I used to live in LA but was not a grower at the time. I would prefer to live in or near the city.

My questions are:
1. Where can I legally grow the most pot
- Does canopy square footage apply to mature plants only or all plants grown
- Oakland allows 72 plants but only 32 sq. ft. canopy while SF allows 24 plants and 25 sq. ft. of canopy
- Oakland also allows 32 sq.ft indoors and up to 20 plants outdoors, does anyone know if this means that I can grow both crops with a canopy exceeding 32 sq.ft?

2. How easy is it to sell to dispensaries at a reasonable price, IE is the market too saturated to sell higher legal quantities
- Big question, where in california will I realistically be able to sell large profitable quantities

3. Do I need to be taxed when selling to dispensaries or could this be considered a legitimate way to make income?

Any help getting these three questions answered would be great. I have the knowledge to set up an operation, but I would like to be in compliance with city/county/state laws

Re: Best City In California To Grow (Legal)

:welcome: to 420 Friend.
Keep in mind the Cali is due to Vote for Legalization in November. :cheer:
That might change things alot on how people get there Cannabis. :hmmmm:

Worst case, there is enough time to build capitol to move to the next state after it's legalized. When would the legalization actually become law in california if it passed, curious to figure that out

You would have to get your MMJ Card first.
Would that be a Problem?
Have you look into become a Caregiver.
That is you grow for people who can't because of Illness or space problems or Can't for other reasons. There are Many Caregiver Members here ON 420 doing just that.
Most dispensaries have your growers in place that they know and trust.
I have read many members here saying that dispensaries really low ball you and like dealing in large weight lbs only.
Because they are the one take the most chances.
Have you grown before?
You have your heart set on California Huh?
Me, If the wife said YES I'm going to Colorado!
Best of luck, you are living a dream of mine.
Hoping one day I may follow you. ;)

Colorado patient/caregiver here, in my experience selling to the dispensaries is overrated. Like the weed said they want to buy weight and at a very discounted price. IMO your best bet would be to move to Colorado, gotta love the mile high air, and get your mmj card, then start meeting ppl in the local scene and sell to your own patients. You can grow 6 plants for every patient you have, 3 in flower and 3 in veg. These regulations mean you have to have ALOT of patients to grow enough to sell to the dispensaries, but you will only be getting $800 a qp.
When you sell to your own patients you charge regular price but with free goodies, i always give my patients a free eidible when they buy a 8th or more, and a free 8th every month, this ends up with you getting more than $800 a qp and with happy customers that will bring you return business and new patients.
hope this helps some, good luck with your move and happy growing.

Truthfully if your looking to get into this type of business in a legal matter, leave California as others have stated. There are thousands of people who grow and try to sell to dispensaries. Tons of competition here in California, and tons of people who don't know what they're doing but have the money for the grow products.

Try a state that is just barely getting legal medical marijuana setup or hasn't yet and help to make it happen. I hear New Jersey is a good place to try right now.

No just Bustin' you...
New Jersey has been often referred to as the Armpit of the U.S. :grinjoint:
All Fumes and odors of New York City gets Blow towards New Jersey. :cough:
:shhh:

Look into Santa Cruz, CA if your just determined to keep it in Cali. I'm not sure of their specifics as far as how many plants etc, but it is one of the, if not THE, friendliest cities in Cali for marijuana.

I too am looking for a new base. I live in MA .. we may or may not have mmj here in the future. Not sure if I want to sit around and wait for MA to get its act together. I have CA or CO on my sights right now.

The information here helps me as well. Thanks all!

This is all very good information. I currently live in Chicago, apparently IL is supposed to have their medical marijuana laws revised soon I've heard. I heard medical was passed years ago, just no people set up ordinance's. Cards on the table, should I set up a grow op here and wait for the law to be on my side? Just sell to my dealers for now

i too am a mmj card holder in Co.I have one person that i caregive for,something 420 chris69 did not mention is you can only have 5 patience in Co. before they consider you a dispencery,so then you would have to get permits and a place of business.Right now they are no longer accepting apps for new mmj dispenceries in Co. at this time,but this may change in the future !Oh yea and i heard a permit for dispencery is 10,000 dollars a year!Pricey!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom