How has Cannabis helped you?

rotoenforco

What Has Cannabis Done For You?
Share your story.

My Story:

Cannabis has helped me with a lot of things. Mostly with Panic attacks and Major Anxiety.
I had been a Cannabis consumer for about 4 years. One month I was not being smart and decided to do another Man-made drug. This had me almost dead in ICU with an overdose on my belt of failures. About 5 Months after this event i had SEVERE Panic attacks. Crippled my life. I was so out of my own realm from the post-traumatic stress i was scared to do anything, even Cannabis. Then one day i lost it. I had a break down and was rushed to the hospital. After this visit i went home and my buddy came over. He used Cannabis as well, so I begged him for a hit to see what the result would be.From that instant, i was back to reality. My life had mysteriously reappeared before me and my personality, my motivation, and my confidence to strive from this event had boosted immediately. I had also taken many anti-depressants and other doctor prescribed medicine in the past. They had no effect. It was when i was prescribed Cannabis when my life returned. It was the only thing that brang me back to the "I need to explore life" feeling. Ever since i have had 0 Panic attacks or anxiety and I have fully recovered. Medicinal Cannabis is the best Prescribed Medicine for my situation in my eyes.

Well that is great.been there not the scared part but od part.LOL funny now not then.had aa accident in 2000 broke my neck an lower back was put on oxy 80's,40's,perks,tabs,cets,morphine just made me an addic as had been clean for 10 yrs b4 that.was an opoid junkie yrs ago.only thing i use now is MM.it has also gave me my sanity now my passion is growing.Glad all is better for u an me an just stay safe.enjoy life an b happy.LOL
Godspeed,
DnR

it helps with my cynicism and paranoia

whenever i dont smoke i have these urges to harm others because i just see the dark side of side of things. i once thought about traveling 4 hours just to cut some people i hardly knew

Yeah man. To me, that is what Cannabis does for people that can accept the THC correctly. Some people smoke weed and have problems that they wouldn't have sober. So in you're case it REALLY helps. I have a few friends that have the same thing man.

Live long~

I suffer from fibromyalgia. Over 20 years now and I came to the end of my rope being in pain all the time. Doctor's did not want to give me any narcotics, as they do not help over a long period of time and are addictive.

I went to my psychiatrist and told him I was studying what people were saying about Medical Cannabis for FM. He thought it would be good to try it. I was never a user. Now at age 54, I have been vaporizing daily and knocking my pain level waaaaaaay down. I live a happier life. I do not want to die anytime soon. Also it has helped with my depression and anxiety that is associated with FM.

Why is this plant illegal? It is far safer than alcohol. It is not addictive. It does not make you act like a drunken jackass when medicated. In fact, one acts very peaceful being medicated. Our leaders of this country make me want to puke! Lies, lies and more lies is all we hear.

I find cannabis to be a miracle medicine. I wish someone would organize a million man march on Washington, DC for the legalization of Cannabis in all 50 states. It would be like the crowning of Woodstock.

I have MC (microscopic colitis)..I was totally homebound in pain.
For 9 months I was a lab rat for the dr's...the meds they gave me only made things worse! I just decided to stop taking them... I changed my diet and used marijuana for the pain. And in just 3 weeks time I went from being in severe pain 24-7 to almost normal and was able to go back to work.
I have smoked marijuana for many years. But it wasnt untill I had the bad pain that I realized how much better I felt after smoking medical grade marijuana.
I think a new national movement for the medical use of marijuana is a great idea.

I have migraines,i don't really smoke when they hit, but if i can catch it before hand,i can smoke a little and it helps relax my muscles.My neck muscles mainly. Operated backhoe's and bulldozer's for 15 yrs and that took a toll.:Namaste:

Before getting my medical MMJ license, I lost an average of 1-2 days from work every month with migraine headaches. I would go to bed fine only to wake up a couple hours later with a splitting, hammering headache.

The pain would get worse for a few hours before, at last, I'd vomit like I was severely drunk (having had no alcohol before), and the headache would finally begin to fade. By that time, I'd have lost most/all of the night's sleep while being so wrung out from the pain that I was utterly useless in any professional or personal context the next day. It's incredibly frustrating when you want to go work and can't, as I'm sure many of you know. This went on for years.

Big pharma meds and Doc visits did nothing for the condition. Then I tried licensed MMJ. In the 6 months since I got my license, I've had 1 single migraine. One. Down from 1-2 PER MONTH.

Even the one migraine I DID have was far better than before - it ran ran its whole course within 2 hours or so - by far the fastest completion I've experienced - and the pain, while still nasty, was noticeably reduced over the migraines I experienced before. I was even fully functional the following day. Nothing else has offered this level of relief.

Pills of any type are useless once the migraine is started. I couldn't even take a rip most of the time because it hurt too much. Got started coughing on some street schwag one night - it seriously felt like I was going to blow the top of my head off with the pressure. My vision actually went dim from the pain.

I smoke before going to bed to deal with this problem. I also smoke at other times for other medical issues, but the migraine thing was a real kiler for me.

It's worth noting that we're talking medical grade Cannabis, here. I smoked 'street schwag' daily for some years prior to getting licensed, and did NOT see the anti-migraine effect from it.

These days, I am primarily into very heavy Indicas. No probs with couch-lock: I seem to be high-strung enough to overpower the traditional downsides of Indicas. Most Sativas get me really anxious and paranoid.

If you or someone you know is afflicted with migraines, MMJ is something which should be looked at quite seriously. How much professional and personal time is being lost to this scourge? Why live with searing agony returning to you again and again, on a schedule wholly beyond your control?

Just a headache, you say? That just means you are very blessed and have never had a migraine. They are to regular headaches what a the ultra-modern F22 fighter jet is to a WWI-era Sopwith Camel. It's not even the same ballpark and very nearly a totally different game. Headaches respond to OTC pills. Migraines laugh at them in almost all cases.

Medical Cannabis has really done the trick for me. I hope it will for you, too, regardless of the malady that leads you to try it. Thanks for reading. I hope this helps!

DL-Toker, I agree.. I personally haven't had a migraine since I started smoking... And since I started getting migraines in my teens, I don't even notice regular headaches unless I get hit in the head while having one! Migraines are very debilitating. Especially if it makes you see "auras" and basically render you blind. There are few prescription things that even work for it, and you are still left pretty useless the rest of the day.

That was a happy "side effect" for me, I do not get migraines frequent enough for that to be my sole reason as to smoking.. I started after realizing I was losing the battle with my crohn's disease. Cannabis took me from feeling terrible on about 5+ meds and barely keeping down a meal a day... To being able to eat 3 full meals a day, getting off my meds, and, incidentally, helping with nerve pain caused from a treatment for crohns.

I was thinking about this recently, I realized it didn't give me my life quality back.. It gave me a quality I had never known in the first place. Which is why it is something that I get emotional talking about, it may sound silly.. But the first time I tried it I was almost 19 years old (not long ago really, I'm nearly 24), and the first thought I had was "I can actually feel good! No abdominal pain, no nausea, and I'm hungry", the being high didn't even factor in. Blew my mind and changed my life forever.

If someone organizes a march, I would love to participate! Now that I am not on an island, its totally doable for me! :) We can call it 4M, the Marijuana Million Man March!

From the first time I tried cannabis, the experience disposed of society's trappings of the status quo and the trivialities of everyday survival within that system. The observation of nature and the fact that I am certainly a part of it began within my own spiritual understanding and my relationship with God. I believe cannabis can be a benefit or a hindrance depending on how it's used. For me moderation is key and am still searching for the right strain reminiscent of the past experiences since I went without it for over a decade. I hope all is well with everyone and that cannabis can assist you in your spiritual understandings as well.
:yahoo:

My fragmented story:

Contracted Encephalitis when I was 2~3 years of age (now that I recall, maybe even the Mumps).

Was in a coma for 9 months to a year.

Afterwards, had a plethora of childhood maladies: frequent, painful, and downright horrifying stiff necks; problems concentrating, frequent bouts of incoherency, mild to severe headaches...just to name a few.

Was seeing doctors left and right for one reason or another.

Had other external complications "growing up": abusive foster parents, problems at school, problems with people in general, that drove me into depression and feelings of alienation, etc., .

When I got out on my own, things got a little better. Was still pretty much the loner type. Very few (if any) people that I would consider a friend. Spent much of my free time alone, up in the mountains, you know nature kinda stuff. But, eventually thing began getting worse. Started having those stiff necks again PLUS started experiencing pains and spasm up and down my spine. Started seeing the doctors again. Same scenario. Most (if not all) of the treatments (meds, physical therapy) were not helping.

I got turned onto Cannabis. Started smoking regularly. I went through most the emotional and physical changes that most people experience with Marijuana (never got the muchies though). But something happened that I wasn't expecting. My head started clearing up. I was thinking more clearly. I was sleeping better. I wasn't so depressive. Almost like I was feeling "normal"...? I dunno.

I wound up on disability.

I went to a Message Therapy School. Combination of book learning and hands-on instruction. Learned a great deal of things regarding the body - how this works and that works. Studied Anatomy, Muscular Kinesiology, Lymphatic systems, Herbs, Diet stuff, Skeletal Mechanics (on the academic side), etc., and I learned (hands-on) quite a bit about different healing techniques (Massage, Accu-pressure, Herbs, Diet, Meditation and Meditative exercises, etc).

I didn't become a pro Masseur (well, I tried but nothing panned out), but, I got heavy into self-therapy, plus I taught a good friend of mine a few things and we began trading off with Massages and what not. Took a while for me to release all those tight muscles - my body loosened up and straightened up quite a bit. Over time I learned how to manage how I do things to keep me from getting into painful predicaments that would leave me bedridden for weeks, if not months.

Tried talking to the doctors (psychiatric, neurologic, orthopedic, etc.,) to convince them how much Cannabis had helped me but to no avail. So, I basically arrived a disposition that these doctors really didn't give a rat's ass and were more interested in peddling their poisons - so I said "Sayonara". Stuck with getting Cannabis the usual way - illegally.

Finally was able to get a doc's support 2 years ago.

Well, that's the best I can do explain how Cannabis has helped me.

Take care people.

Later.

I would go to bed fine only to wake up a couple hours later with a splitting, hammering headache.

The pain would get worse for a few hours before, at last, I'd vomit like I was severely drunk (having had no alcohol before), and the headache would finally begin to fade. By that time, I'd have lost most/all of the night's sleep while being so wrung out from the pain that I was utterly useless in any professional or personal context the next day. It's incredibly frustrating when you want to go work and can't, as I'm sure many of you know. This went on for years.

Big pharma meds and Doc visits did nothing for the condition. Then I tried licensed MMJ. In the 6 months since I got my license, I've had 1 single migraine. One. Down from 1-2 PER MONTH.

Even the one migraine I DID have was far better than before - it ran ran its whole course within 2 hours or so - by far the fastest completion I've experienced - and the pain, while still nasty, was noticeably reduced over the migraines I experienced before. I was even fully functional the following day. Nothing else has offered this level of relief.

Pills of any type are useless once the migraine is started. I couldn't even take a rip most of the time because it hurt too much. Got started coughing on some street schwag one night - it seriously felt like I was going to blow the top of my head off with the pressure. My vision actually went dim from the pain.

I smoke before going to bed to deal with this problem. I also smoke at other times for other medical issues, but the migraine thing was a real kiler for me.

These days, I am primarily into very heavy Indicas. No probs with couch-lock: I seem to be high-strung enough to overpower the traditional downsides of Indicas. Most Sativas get me really anxious and paranoid.

If you or someone you know is afflicted with migraines, MMJ is something which should be looked at quite seriously. How much professional and personal time is being lost to this scourge? Why live with searing agony returning to you again and again, on a schedule wholly beyond your control?

Just a headache, you say? That just means you are very blessed and have never had a migraine. They are to regular headaches what a the ultra-modern F22 fighter jet is to a WWI-era Sopwith Camel. It's not even the same ballpark and very nearly a totally different game. Headaches respond to OTC pills. Migraines laugh at them in almost all cases.

Medical Cannabis has really done the trick for me. I hope it will for you, too, regardless of the malady that leads you to try it. Thanks for reading. I hope this helps!

Mine are from brain trauma. I can NOT get my wife to understand the bountiful wonders of this plant. It kills my pain, controls the side effects of the hep C meds, and makes me happier. All she thinks of is the legal aspect. I have assured her the only way people get caught is by talkin about it, or sellin it. Of witch we are doing neither. She is going to try to get my doctor at the Jefferson Headache Clinic in Philly prescribe me the highest amount of Marinol (10mg) he can, so I will stop growing. I am on 2.5 mg x2 of Marinol a day now. Not enough! I don't think it will be enough but well see.

Its wonderful to read about so many others with the same experience ive had using medical cannaibis. It took me a while to learn enough about all the strains,thc vs cbd, etc because my doctors(i have a lot from cancer to regular) didnt know enough about it to really guide me but now that i have learned i am in agreement, its a miracle. I have bone marrow cancer and had chemo off and on for 4 years, nueropathy pain, spleen pain, kidney pain(like kidney stone pain a lot) etc and as some have already stated pain meds if they help are short short term and with medical marijuana i get enough relief to make it thru a day. No miracle cure or fix for me but oh my gosh sometimes even a little help is huge. Best wishes to all of you out there fighting these fights with me

Its wonderful to read about so many others with the same experience ive had using medical cannaibis. It took me a while to learn enough about all the strains,thc vs cbd, etc because my doctors(i have a lot from cancer to regular) didnt know enough about it to really guide me but now that i have learned i am in agreement, its a miracle. I have bone marrow cancer and had chemo off and on for 4 years, nueropathy pain, spleen pain, kidney pain(like kidney stone pain a lot) etc and as some have already stated pain meds if they help are short short term and with medical marijuana i get enough relief to make it thru a day. No miracle cure or fix for me but oh my gosh sometimes even a little help is huge. Best wishes to all of you out there fighting these fights with me
WOW doesn't matter how bad you have it, there is ALWAYS someone out there that can use an extra prayer and blessing. God bless ya brother...

Oh and you won't find a more understanding caring and ready to help bunch any where else.....420

thanks for the kind thoughts. In my 4yrplus fight(which as far as im concerned im just beginning) ive seen and tried a lot of things to help so if i can ever help by sharing experiences i will gladly try. I sit here sometimes reading about others going thru what i am and i grow stronger :yahoo: Its very much like when im in chemo/infusion as many of you know you never come out of there thinking you have it bad after watching all the others suffering and fighting just like you it makes me feel stronger knowing there are others out there far stronger than i am(i always think the others have it worse than me for some reason, that i have it easier). I see kids for example that fight like i can only dream of and it makes me fight harder somehow. Sorry im no word smith i was a water well driller for christs sakes lol (dissabled now) and wish i could word this all better. Keep fighting one and all

I used to be against marijuana use because I had never tried it and didn't understand it. I decided to try it with my ex, and finally understood how great it is. I've had severe chronic back pain for about 10 years because of a muscle that is out of place in my shoulder blade. I tried seeing a chiropractor weekly, and physical therapy, but neither worked, so I am currently on a muscle relaxer for the pain. The muscle relaxer is okay, but it only slightly masks the pain and doesn't completely get rid of it. I also have a seizure disorder, insomnia, major depression, and severe anxiety (generalized, social, and PTSD). My social anxiety is so bad that I don't even answer my phone. I always limit my social interactions to texting and online. I even have a lot of trouble calling to make appointments, and put it off as long as possible because talking to anyone on the phone makes me too anxious. When I started smoking marijuana regularly, I noticed a lot of positive emotional and physical changes. I don't even need my prescriptions now because marijuana does everything that they are supposed to do for me, and it does it better than the prescription pills. The changes last even when I am not high. I'm now a pretty optimistic, happy person, and I don't care what people think of me at all. I'm much more confident and have no problems with my social anxiety now. I called to make a doctor appointment this morning, and for the first time in my life, the call did not cause any anxiety. It felt great. I have no pain at all right now, even as I'm sitting on the back-less stool at work that usually just kills my back. I have seizures much less frequently now. And I have never found a sleep aid that actually helps me fall asleep, but marijuana always does a great job at putting me to sleep. I feel great when I wake up after falling asleep high, too, and I've never felt great in the morning, no matter how much sleep I got. I now love marijuana and wish everyone who is against it could see how amazing it is.

I used to be against marijuana use because I had never tried it and didn't understand it. I decided to try it with my ex, and finally understood how great it is. I've had severe chronic back pain for about 10 years because of a muscle that is out of place in my shoulder blade. I tried seeing a chiropractor weekly, and physical therapy, but neither worked, so I am currently on a muscle relaxer for the pain. The muscle relaxer is okay, but it only slightly masks the pain and doesn't completely get rid of it. I also have a seizure disorder, insomnia, major depression, and severe anxiety (generalized, social, and PTSD). My social anxiety is so bad that I don't even answer my phone. I always limit my social interactions to texting and online. I even have a lot of trouble calling to make appointments, and put it off as long as possible because talking to anyone on the phone makes me too anxious. When I started smoking marijuana regularly, I noticed a lot of positive emotional and physical changes. I don't even need my prescriptions now because marijuana does everything that they are supposed to do for me, and it does it better than the prescription pills. The changes last even when I am not high. I'm now a pretty optimistic, happy person, and I don't care what people think of me at all. I'm much more confident and have no problems with my social anxiety now. I called to make a doctor appointment this morning, and for the first time in my life, the call did not cause any anxiety. It felt great. I have no pain at all right now, even as I'm sitting on the back-less stool at work that usually just kills my back. I have seizures much less frequently now. And I have never found a sleep aid that actually helps me fall asleep, but marijuana always does a great job at putting me to sleep. I feel great when I wake up after falling asleep high, too, and I've never felt great in the morning, no matter how much sleep I got. I now love marijuana and wish everyone who is against it could see how amazing it is.

elizahhbeth,
Great to read your testimonial. I agree with all that you said and I am so happy that you are doing better.

Fell down 22 steps bout 2 1/2 yrs ago. Closed brain injury blah blah blah. Well after trying to kill me with man made crap, they come to find out that pot is the only thing that controls my head aches. Go figure!

Personally I've used it for my anxiety problems, always helps me with sleeping and of course, appetite stimulation .

Back
Top Bottom