High CBD Strain

foxtwofive420

Hello,

I'm looking for a High CBD / Low(very low) THC Strain..

I need CBD as it relieves anxiety, depression and psychotic symptoms. As I am a suffering from schizophrenia episodes.

any recommendations would great.

-Cheers

I was looking into this breeder as they produce several high CBD strains. Juanita la Lagrimosa may be just what the doctor ordered!
A Spanish company, Reggae Seeds, is offering a CBD-rich strain called "Juanita la Lagrimosa," which means "Juanita the Tearful." It has tested at 8.8% CBD, 6.8% THC, according to Canna Research Laboratories.

All of their strains are medical and breed organically if I remember right... cheers!

I'm looking for a High CBD / Low(very low) THC Strain..

I need CBD as it relieves anxiety, depression and psychotic symptoms.

If you live in Canada where hemp cropping is legal, you might consider growing some of that. Many (if not most or all) of them fit the profile you're looking for. And since "non-drug" crop seed is generally sold by the pound/kilo and up, the price will be much less.

As I am a suffering from schizophrenia episodes.

You have my sympathy. I would use caution if you are currently taking prescribed medications, especially if taking a combination of different ones. Someone very close to me had an extreme reaction about twelve years ago that she could only describe as a "frightening, maddening, totally-nonfunctional electrical storm" in her brain. Aside from the obvious discomfort, it scared the sh*t out of her - and she's fearless (at times, stupidly so).

Unfortunately, she was unable to recall just what combination of meds she was taking at the time. They were playing pill-roulette with her, as they are wont to do, and she was also self-medicating with various other meds/etc. She also later had some pretty bad experiences JUST from some of the combinations they played with while playing around with her mind.

Please let us know if/when you find strains that help even you out. I'd be especially grateful if you also listed whatever meds/herbs/etc. you were taking in combination with. And that goes doubly-so for any bad combinations. There are quite a few out there - but most are in the dark, and the doctors don't seem to be much more knowledgeable (I think some of them are downright sadists).

Oddly enough (or perhaps not... they do prescribe Dexedrine to people with ADHD), that friend later had some positive experiences with sativas. Seemed to help slow and focus her racing thoughts - at least enough so that the more intelligent "normals" could follow her - and ease the worst of the (nightly) night terrors. Didn't do a thing for he ability to sleep, of course - but one or more of the meds would knock her out for about 18 hours, so that's neither here nor there I guess. She'd go off her meds and it seemed to extend the time between her doing so and the point where she became more-or-less catatonic. I was unable to ascertain whether or not it helped with her auditory and visual hallucinations although I got the impression at the time that she was reacting less to things that I could not hear/see - but she had long ago become a consummate actress (common defense mechanism) so it's hard to be certain.

But like any head-med, different things affect different people... differently. So be careful with your experimentation/quest and take ALL advice as only the vaguest of generalities.

And good luck to you!

If you happen to be located in the Northern California area there are a few high CBD strains in local dispensaries here. Such as Harlequin (I've seen tested at 8% THC // 8% CBD) and a True Blueberry strain that I saw at my local dispensary (5% THC // 9.5% CBD)

Best of wishes go out to you though.

I was going to chime in on Harlequin! HashWreck beat me to it! Good man! And say what?! Blueberry like that? I haven't ever read of it having those percentages! A good testament to the variation, I think. These tests should be taken more as "an average".

And Cap'in! Thank you^5! I am also searching for CBD rich strains.

And Tortured! You give possibly the best advice in here. Anyone on other medications needs to be very careful. While cannabis does not interact with most medications, it is known to interact with some anti-psychotics and anti-depressants. And the outcome of these interactions are not well known. Better safe than sorry!

For example, when I ventured into using cannabis for the first time, I was on a handful of medications. Only one interacted. It's the most well known SSRI in the world.

The interaction I experienced (and there was no information I found on this at that time... the only info on the net I found in the future is that it interacts in the first place!)... Was that I felt the cannabis for very long periods of time. The first joint I smoked, I felt its after effects for a week. When I quit taking said SSRI, I was really disappointing that my buds had lost both strength and length! However, I would never intentionally mix the two! Who knows what it is doing to your brain. I never thought of it til now, but it could be why I am much less sensitive to buds than anyone I know.
Then again, I seem to have a weird natural drug tolerance. Which sucks, especially if you have surgery.

Anyway, thats all I wanted to chime in. Be very careful if you take medications. I will try to dig up what little information on the subject I have found if anyone is interested.

I havent seen any CBD tests recently but i have always been told that hazes have a higher CBD to THC ratio than most.
Ill keep an eye on this thread, good luck.

I havent seen any CBD tests recently but i have always been told that hazes have a higher CBD to THC ratio than most.
Ill keep an eye on this thread, good luck.

I tried to check this... Sativa's, from what I remembered, tend to have less CBD.. Hazes being primarily Sativa dominate, your post really struck me as very interesting.

I found information to be all over the place! I found one haze to be 1.6%, which is considered pretty high! Things being tested at 1% are considered high usually. Then I found some at .2%... I think it may depend what they are bred with... But who knows! I am more inclined to trust what you say though. Some hazes have gotten me more "couch-lock" which (i think) is more associated with CBD rich plants.

Definitely not out to prove you wrong bro, so please do not take it as such! I found it only to be inconclusive! With at least one result having really high levels of CBD! I will mention that those tests are considered even by the test-doer's to be fairly inaccurate (from what I have read, they say that chemical quantities vary from bud to bud on the same plant, and even on the same bud) and are to be taken more of as an average.

One thing I have began to think... Maybe "couch-lock" is more due to a certain terpene content? The highest CBD rich plant I have read about (Harlequin) is supposed to have a very short "high". Like half an hour or so! However, they say it still helps with pain after that... That is part of what made me think the whole terpenoid thing. Then again, the THC content of harlequin on average is fairly low. Like 6%-8%... So maybe that is why. I don't know!

Man, I really wish they could do more scientific research on this stuff! It makes me really mad! I need to know these things! Now! Argh!

Sorry for my rambling. Just ignore THsea...:)

Omrita is a great strain that is high in CBD. It gets rid of my nausea from my meds, and stops spasms in my back and legs, takes my pain from a 5/10 to a manageable 2/10 or 1/10. I am lucky to live close to a collective that stocks it and is active in research into CBD . I do like the Harlequin, does the same as Omrita for me.
Strain Report - Omrita Rx3
Check this out for some info.:smokin:

@Smoke2Js

I think I visited that very collective on Embarcadero in Oakland on my way to the Pacific Cannabis Expo this weekend. If that's the one you mean, of course. Have not tried the Omrita, but I might have to keep my eyes open for it.

Went with the Chemdawg 4 on this particular occasion.

I can recommend three excellent high CBD strains by Medicinal Organic Nursery...

Blueberry Cheese (Blue Cheese)
Harlequin
Purp Diesel

I have grown and consumed their Blue Cheese (POTM 2nd place July) and it was fantastic! I do not care for any of the Sativa like effects either. Even the slightest amount and I start feeling uncomfortable and anxious.

I believe the Purp Diesel is available right now, while the other two I mentioned will be available later this month.

What about Hemp? Does Hemp contain nothing but CBD?

I'm looking into Hemp, because i cant consume any THC as i could go into psychosis easily. Been there before not a fun place to be in. So, I'm not looking to get high.

What if i grow some hemp and smoke that.. would it have a fare amount of CBD?

Sorry if this sounds stupid, but i need Cannabidiol for my illness.

:helpsmilie:

I'm looking into Hemp, because i cant consume any THC as i could go into psychosis easily. Been there before not a fun place to be in. So, I'm not looking to get high.

As mentioned in post #3 of this thread:

If you live in Canada where hemp cropping is legal, you might consider growing some of that. Many (if not most or all) of them fit the profile you're looking for. And since "non-drug" crop seed is generally sold by the pound/kilo and up, the price will be much less.

[EDIT: Canadian hemp strains are typically very low in THC(sic) and high in CBD. If I'm not mistaken, CBD levels of 6.5%-6.9% are not unheard of. If the "less than 1% THC" is still too much for your particular needs, the Bast Fiber Research Institute in the Ukraine has developed hemp strains with as low as .01% THC. And the cultivation of industrial hemp is not technically illegal on a federal level so much as you might watch your grandchildren grow up - and old - while you are waiting on the DEA to approve the permit you are required to have in order to grow it. For example, do a Google search on Evanescent Press in Mendocino county, California and hemp permit.]

^^^^^^

Thank you, for replaying to my post. I'm still looking into it. But I do not know where i can buy (Industrial Hemp) seeds. As i currently live in the EU, Poland. That's one problem.

Ah, I was assuming that you were located in the United States (whoops).

I think the THC content of hemp is limited to 0.2% by EU regulations, so any seed that is legally classified as being a hemp strain in your area should be safe. In 1999, the Bialobrzeskie (Poland), monoecious, early to medium strain was tested and reported to contain 0.1% THC and 1.5% CBD (which is kind of low, but still 15 times higher than the THC content). I'm afraid that I don't have statistics on any other Polish hemp strains.

Wishing you the best of luck. BtW, if you don't mind my asking, have you figured out what circumstances acted with the THC to cause the psychosis? Schizophrenia, meds, et cetera? Or was it just one of those unknown things?

There was a German hemp strain called Fasamo that was tested in the same study that registered 0.09% THC and 1.73% CBD.

The highest CBD levels in hemp strains that I've read about were Canadian. I cannot seem to find the .PDF that listed the amounts and strain names, but if I happen across it in the future I will post them.

I've been out of town for a little while so I thought I may chime in again. CBD works like an Anti-psychotic and an work like an SSRI (Anti-Depressant)

Im a patient who was on 7 different pills for my Bi-polar disorder. I can tell you now, I smoked a bowl with half harlequin and half something that will get me high (If I want to get high) and I will get a nice mild high and feel very relaxed.

My point is though, CBD is a natural Anti-psychotic, which is probably there in the first place to counter effect the chance of THC bringing on psychosis.

The major breeding for THC made it so that the ingredient is found in very small dosages (Much like how the Hemp plants work). Making it so it inflames your psychotic state. Understand I am no doctor, This is just some advise :/ Ive been researching it for a while now and I believe that this is what will work.

Find Harlequin, Smoke it, Hopefully it helps you. (If you cant find that find a Haze strains are naturally high in CBD as well.)

Seems like that the THC content in the "average" haze strain is high enough that whatever the percentage of CBD content is, it'll be rather low in relation. Probably not the best type of cannabis to use for an anti-psychotic. A good friend has had some positive experiences - but also some bad ones. But... Like many who have "severe" mental conditions, hers is a fluid thing; what works great one time might have little effect another and even a negative one on still another occasion. Couple that with the fact that her various doctors (and "the state") play Russian roulette with her by arbitrarily changing the meds - alone and in combination with others - and doses with what appears to be little or no regard to the patient's wishes, the patient's observations/comments, the safety of the meds, the contraindications of using med A with med B, or even the manufacturers' own recommendations/warnings. I cannot help but get the feeling that, while a doctor who prescribes say a heart medication at 3x the dosage without regard to the fact that even a normal dosage will mess the person up when combined with the other medications that he/she is prescribed... That doctor can be sued for malpractice, lose his/her license, et cetera. But it's like if the condition is schizophrenia, bi-polar disorder, or a host of other such conditions, that the doctors can do whatever they want and get by with it "because the brain and mental illnesses are not fully understood." Now I don't fully understand dogs, but if I chop up my neighbor's puppy with an ax, I'm going to jail. So... I. Don't. Get. It. ([/RANT]).

I read the February, 2000 issue of The Hemp Report and it mentioned & linked to a study that Dr. Barrie Webster of Websar Laboratories in Manitoba, Canada did in 1998-1999 called "Nutraceuticals in Manitoba Industrial Hemp." The person received a $30,000(CDN) grant to do the study (I guess in Canada, you can get money to research cannabis without having a stated objective of vilifying it).

And after spending that $30,000 and seven months of research, the person learned... That industrial hemp has far more CBD in it than THC, that the levels degrade slightly over time in storage, "that industrial hemp grown in Manitoba contains several of the cannabinoids with nutraceutical potential and therefore, has potential in the nutraceuticals area for value-added processing to recover these cannabinoids," and "that relatively high levels of CBD and moderate levels of CBN are to be found in the chaff, which is currently an agricultural waste."

I could have told them that for the price of a long-distance telephone call, lol, and saved them ~$30,000. Oh, to be a Canadian cannabis researcher.

Here is a link to the summary of the study (at the Manitoba Agriculture, Food and Rural Initiatives - a Manitoba government site):
Nutraceuticals in Manitoba Industrial Hemp | ARDI | Agri-Food Research & Development Initiative | Manitoba Agriculture, Food and Rural Initiatives

The four varieties of hemp used in the study are Fedora 19, Zola 11, Felina 34, and Zola 13.

I would guess that these are not "special high-CBD" strains, but simply a typical selection of hemp varieties.

I just picked up a strain called Tora Bora from a nearby dispensary that they got tested at 14.5 % CBD and 6% THC it is amazing. Kinda wild too because it is somekind of genetic aberration, the dispens. contacted seed company with test results and they said it happens about 1 in every 4000 seeds so they really struck gold.

It is absurd that being someone who has had overwhelmingly positive outcomes in treating anxiety/depression using a high cbd strain, is left to gamble on unknown strains. A majority of the strains carrying the sole purpose of maximizing profit on a black market, I'd like to point out. And of course this takes error to figure out. Ok, I'm done. :peace:

Back
Top Bottom