Relationship between Caregiver and Patient

BuzzyB

I am so very new to this forum (420 Magazine also). I have a question about the relationship between caregiver / patient.
II am from Michigan where I am legal with the MMJ. I don't understand how the caregiver / patient thing works. I have a caregiver. That means he/she can have 12 plants for me, in differing stages of development and different strains within those 12 plants. I get one oz. of herb a month from my caregiver. Anything over 1 oz., I have to pay the going rate. I understand that one plant, if cared for properly, can produce up to a pound of good bud. I thought that, at the very least, the price I have to pay should be less than street price? What happens to all of the other plants? There is only me and my caregiver that have joined so I can get my meds.

Is it in the caregivers responsibility to charge me $200 an oz. when my one oz. runs out before the month is over? I am thinking that I had better start my own grow room so I can have what I need when I need it. I am allowed to have 2.5 oz at any given time. This brings up a second question.

If I become my own caregiver, I can be caregiver for 5 more patients. Can I charge a substantially lower rate to patients? Can I sell to anyone who has a valid ID card? Or do I have to take on just one patient at a time and am I locked into just those? Where are the rest of my plants going if I am only getting an oz. a month?

Sorry I am so confused.....can anyone clarify this for me? I want to be able to lower the prices for patients and be able to safely sell to people with valid ID cards. With the system I am on, I get one oz. out of 12 plants that produce approx 1 lb. If I continue this system with other patients, there will be lots of plants to throw away! I just want to be able to help people at a lower price and charge enough for my expenses....electric, heat, air, supplies, etc.

Your help is so greatly appreciated! Thank you in advance!
BuzzyB

:thanks:

I would move if I understand you,,,, your the patient and your caregiver decides ??? So does your caregiver deal your meds on the side,,, which happens alot, due to the lack of responsibility of the patient sounds like your being ripped off????
In OREGON,,,, the patient chooses to have a caregiver or not,,, same as grower......... simple...yeah that is why so many patients are in need of real growers that they trust,,,, you as the patient should be in total control and if not then you should not get MMJ card... see I hear this story alot ,,, My grower got ripped off the day before harvest or my grower never has enough meds, or it is so expensive. The best is, I only need an ounce a month,,, or I can only afford an ounce a month from MY GROWER..... YEAH YOUR GROWER SHOULD DO WHATEVER YOU AS THE PATIENT WANTS,,, THE GROWER IS ON YOUR CARD (at least in OR) Know wonder everyone wants to be a grower,,, get out of jail free card to sell your meds on the side,,, happens wat too much,,, and it is OUR FAULT AS A MMJ PATIENT

or possibly I mis understand you,,, something does not sound right somewhere,,, it is hard to believe you would have a system set up like that???? please clarify,, and very rarely does 1 single indoor plant produce 1 lb of buds,,,,, unless your doing the Drew West system,,, which takes alot of work and 8-10 months for a single indoor grow,,,, sorry but either your not understanding something or I would move,,, so you do not pick your own caregiver??????

I am so very new to this forum (420 Magazine also). I have a question about the relationship between caregiver / patient.
II am from Michigan where I am legal with the MMJ. I don't understand how the caregiver / patient thing works. I have a caregiver. That means he/she can have 12 plants for me, in differing stages of development and different strains within those 12 plants. I get one oz. of herb a month from my caregiver. Anything over 1 oz., I have to pay the going rate. I understand that one plant, if cared for properly, can produce up to a pound of good bud. I thought that, at the very least, the price I have to pay should be less than street price? What happens to all of the other plants? There is only me and my caregiver that have joined so I can get my meds.

:thanks:

Dang...I am from Michigan too. Where did you find a deal like that? I would LOVE to have your caregiver.

Well, from the response(s) I have a good caregiver.....I think! lol I am in the process of sketching out a grow room to be put up soon. Don't know when for sure, but everyone says to 'grow your own' so I think that is what I will do! It will take time to get up and running, but decided, for me, that it's the best way to go. We'll see! Hopefully the fog will begin to lift soon around here! Too confusing at times, but I'll get there! Thanks ALL!

Buzzy,
If that happens and you drop your caregiver, please Personal Message me and let me know if he/she will take me on in place of you. Or, is there a chance your caregiver is taking on additional patients right now? Please respond through personal message only. You will find it by clicking on my moniker (name). Thanks a bunch.

Armory, I wish I could tell you how much I have on my plate! Fortunately, the room is almost finished. I do have clones in the veg room and they are doing better than I expected! Went from scrawny weak cuttings to nice healthy robust plants! I am happy with that! The flowering room is about finished, just a bit more mylar to put up around the ceiling...kinda freaky...I feel like I'm at a bad disco party when I walk in there with all of the mylar! Ha! But well on my way to taking care of myself! :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom