The ethics and responsibilities of a MJ grower/enthusiast?

Kiiwi

I thought about this last night quite a bit and found that this wasn't as simple as i thought!

I tried to bite in to this with a fairly easy imaginary setting 1st.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

- Imagine someone dear to you (e.g ones mother) has been struck with some illness, which could be greatly relieved with MJ. (better than commercial pharmaseutics)

- You have the same illness and u have found a symptomfree haven from MJ.

- She/he has not ever tried MJ, or is against drugs in general, perhaps even an absolutist.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now, do i as an MMJ user (AND AS A HUMAN!) have a RESPONSIBILITY to help those close to me???

Common sense says ofc i must help when i know "the cure". Every cell in me wants to help and convince or at least try it out.

....But. And here it gets complicated (mostly because of the law)

- Can i risk my social status by coming into the open as a cannabis user and carry the possible consequences (e.g dealing with cops, losing your credibility, endless accusations....and whatnot.)

- Can i compromise ones mental health by introducing a psychedelic in their lives?!? Should psychosis, "bad trip" or a mental illness be triggered, i would be the one responsible!!! I could ofc tutor the person in cannbis use etc. but that won't eliminate the possibility of something going wrong.

- What if the person "falls in love" with this newly found medicine/drug and loses control over usage or starts misusing, or worse.

- All the other imaginable problems.

On the other hand stands the will to help and ease, the responsibility to our fellow ppl, we are obliged to help those closest to us, on the other, the fact that cannabis illegal and all the propaganda and possible complications. We could recommend ANY cure from the nature as long as it is legal, even if it was to trigger a suicide, no one could be held responsible legally or no connection between the medication and complications would probably be made.

(sidenote: Cannabis have been researched WAY more than any product that one would find from "natural healing product" shelf in the pharmacy, so why can the government and other instances recommend the usage of those products, but cannabis IS still illegal even when it's PROVED to have minimal negative influence and TONS of healing properties, when used correctly)
-----------------------------------------------------

What are the "professional ethics" for e.g growers? (from a purely human standpoint, fuck the law)

I came up with few, but i found this whole question somewhat difficult to handle.

1. One should NOT introduce cannabis to a person new to it if there are no GOOD reasons for it. (e.g strong medical basis)

1.1 Educate/tutor newbies to right usage of hemp, it's history, how to not fuck up etc etc!!! (If you are in a situation where you encounter younger/newer users or they clearly act in disadvantage of the community)

2. One should not gain profit from growing/ One should not grow FOR profit. (Inside grower/connoisseur circles smalltime trading should be ok tho', i can't view that as "profitting" per say, if u occasionally help a fellow grower out if his crops for example has been confiscated by the authorities)

3. Spread right knowledge about cannabis (fight the propaganda), The vast profit that can be gained from hemp in virtually all fields of industry from clothes to building materials. Be active, participate in civic conversations, be active in your community (if possible) etc. etc. etc. etc.

4. DISINCOURAGE CRIMINAL ACTIVITY SURROUNDING HEMP. Do not buy from streets, don't be associated/ be engaged in criminal activities etc. Convince fellow ppl to do the same.

5. Minimize risk of getting caught and attracting "negative publicity" if growing/ smoking.

I would like to hear opinions on the subject. How do YOU apply/perceive ethics in growing and using MJ?

Peace n' roses

-Kiiwi :Namaste:

My responsible and caring friend, allow me to thank you and second your motion about responsibility and being human. I do not see any difficulties in your ethical approach and education (Knowledge is power,,, unless you watch FOX LOL ) and I must say we are a very few who understand what a wonderful gift we have and especially now with national opinions that support Medical Marijuana.
People go to Doctors and are prescribed pharmaceuticals and either abuse them or become unwillingly addicted to the cure , pill addiction is outta control with Pill Mills all over the country.
I also believe that as soon as Monsanto can make marijuana a genetically engineered crop then BIG BUSINESS will allow The White House to initiate national registry and control... We already see Medical Marijuana prices rising out of control,, $10-$30 gr Capitalism without morality is a crime against humanity. FREEDOM is NEVER FREE

Back
Top Bottom