Indica vs Sativa - anxiety

mashikag

Hey there everyone,

For about a year now I have a problem with severe anxiety and depression. Sativas seem to increase anxiety in my case. Well sometimes I am ok when smoking them but other times are just horrible when it comes to anxiety. However I never had a chance to try Indicas are they much different when it comes to the feelings after and could it be that they will actually help my anxiety?

I have already ordered 10 aurora indica seeds but it's going to be another 4-5 months before I will try it until then I am just curious how can it work on my anxiety...

Hey there everyone,

For about a year now I have a problem with severe anxiety and depression. Sativas seem to increase anxiety in my case. Well sometimes I am ok when smoking them but other times are just horrible when it comes to anxiety. However I never had a chance to try Indicas are they much different when it comes to the feelings after and could it be that they will actually help my anxiety?

I have already ordered 10 aurora indica seeds but it's going to be another 4-5 months before I will try it until then I am just curious how can it work on my anxiety...
Seriously well India is a relaxant,an I am also the sort of person who gets a little para sometimes but not so with the Indica dominent strains like white dwarf she keeps me on a nice level:circle-of-love:

Indica and stativa are reverse isomers (meaning the chemicals are mirror images of each other) that said, they share many of the same properties, since they both cross the blood brain barrier, and both bind with neuro receptors. however, some of their bio active properties are quite oppsite of each other. Generally speaking, indicas tend to relax you, they have more of a body high, effect pain better, help improve sleep and are even (high cbd strains) have anti psychotic properties. Sativias however, tend to be a heady high, can cause increased anxiety and psychosis. The real medicine in cannabis in in Indica's (I am a registered nurse, and this is my opinion)

Cannabidiol's (Found in Indica's) strong antioxidant properties have been shown to play a role in the compound's neuroprotective and anti-ischemic effects.
Studies have shown cannabidiol decreases activity of the limbic system and decreases social isolation induced by THC. Cannabidiol has also been shown to reduce anxiety in social anxiety disorder.

Some Indicas are better then others , there is a lot of info on the net , if you have the time, most seed breeders will give a nice description of there product, that being said, everyone is different ,you may have to try a few to get what your looking for.

Some Indicas are better then others , there is a lot of info on the net , if you have the time, most seed breeders will give a nice description of there product, that being said, everyone is different ,you may have to try a few to get what your looking for.

Living here in Seattle, I'm able to get my hands on some unique strains that some people might typtically be able to access. That said, the strains i'm referring to have cbd levels of >12%. These are specific, genetically modified indicas developed by Israeli pharmacutical companies.(some of these have been developed here at the university of washington also) Some of these strains don't even have a high to them... Most natural indicas are going to have cbd's <3% most being less than even 1% So yes, some indicas are better than others, and some are much much better, depending on the qualties that your looking for.

Indica and stativa are reverse isomers (meaning the chemicals are mirror images of each other) that said, they share many of the same properties, since they both cross the blood brain barrier, and both bind with neuro receptors. however, some of their bio active properties are quite oppsite of each other. Generally speaking, indicas tend to relax you, they have more of a body high, effect pain better, help improve sleep and are even (high cbd strains) have anti psychotic properties. Sativias however, tend to be a heady high, can cause increased anxiety and psychosis. The real medicine in cannabis in in Indica's (I am a registered nurse, and this is my opinion)

Cannabidiol's (Found in Indica's) strong antioxidant properties have been shown to play a role in the compound's neuroprotective and anti-ischemic effects.
Studies have shown cannabidiol decreases activity of the limbic system and decreases social isolation induced by THC. Cannabidiol has also been shown to reduce anxiety in social anxiety disorder.

Fantastic post.

I can only really give personal experience(very little at that)

I've smoked Cinderella 99, that was labeled 60/40 Sativa/Indica. Although it felt way more sativa dominant then that, but it really helped my anxiety. Coming into it, I was completely ignorant to any medical properties that the types of cannabis offered. The best part of it, was that I was able to function outside in society and not morph into my couch. I wouldn't smoke a strain that couldn't offer me functionality on somewhat of a regular basis, personally. So perhaps look into a Hybird with the best of both worlds.

I'm growing some White Widow and Strawberry Cough, I'd be interested in updating their effects on my anxiety disorder and severe depression, In hopes of helping someone else out.

Back
Top Bottom