MacMillan Cancer Charities Removes Forums Posts and Advice on Cannabis Oil

geekman

Hi Guys,

My first post here, and sadly it has to be a post of this nature, so hi to you all :D

I'm a patient of Testicle Cancer. I am currently in remission, and at the moment I'm "all clear". I didn't use Cannabis Oil to cure my Cancer as I wasn't aware of it at the time, and went with down the chemotherapy route. But, during my time with Cancer I received help from other members on the MacMillan forums. And now - up until yesterday - I spent my time helping other too.

A guy made a post on their forums yesterday stating he had been given a terminal diagnosis of Testicle Cancer, and would like some advice on treatments that could help him. Now, since July last year I've done alot of research into Cannabis Oil, and I've even sourced some (which I am due to collect today) for my Dads bladder cancer.

So, I replied to this guys post and gave him information about Cannabis Oil, showed him the research papers and the evidence, and the success stories. And told him that if he want's to know more to research Rick Simpson Oil.

20 minutes later my post is removed. I get an email from MacMillan saying:

Whilst the claims you are making may very well have a grounding in truth, unfortunately we cannot allow them to be published on the Macmillan website. We are dedicated to providing high quality, expertly developed information about cancer, we have a duty to try to ensure that the information shared by our members on this site does not mislead our readers or cause them harm. All of the cancer information which we post to the site undergoes a rigorous editing process to ensure that it is factually accurate, so we can’t allow any mention of treatments or therapies which we have not fully verified.

I was so angry. Angry that a charity can deny someone the information that could potentially save their life. So, I then put a post on the forums alerting people that I was leaving and the reasons behind why I was leaving. I help alot of people through their Cancer on the forum, and met some good friends, so I felt it was only right to alert them I will no longer be around. The thread can be seen here Guy's I am leaving this forum. - Testicular Cancer Group - Discussion Forum - Testicular cancer - Macmillan's Online Community ... which contains a response from a MacMillan employee who heavily edited my post. Just look at their response:

Hi Imagegeek, Sorry you feel you have been singled out but the basis behind this is that canaboids are illegal and Macmillan as a charity cannot be seen to have any association with approving of or promoting anything to do with it. It's not you, it's the laws of the land and Macmillan can be held responsible and accountable for site content.

This is after all a public forum and not much is taboo, assisted suicide and canabis use are in a grey area. It is discussed but through personal messaging. Hope you have second thoughts about leaving as your posts have helped so many come to terms and deal with his crap disease.

I am speechless. I am angry. I am inspired to fight for this though, and fight for the freedom of information to be shared, and fight for the use of Cannabis Oil by Cancer patients. I am currently emailing all the largest Cannabis magazines and websites with this information, and I hope it gains some publicity in order to expose what the Government and charities are keeping from people. People are dying, and are not being given a chance to try medication that could potentially help them.

Of course there isn't a 100% success rate with Cannabis Oil, as there isn't with Chemotherapy. That's not the point. The point is people should have access to this information because the general public are unaware. And if we're not allowed to share this information what type of free country do we live in!

I'm lost for words.

Hi geekman.

Congratulations on beating that awful disease.

The Macmillan forum has its own rules and guidelines, as we also have here..

We do not talk about drug use on our forum and they do not talk about our beloved plant on theirs.

Private messaging is a good way to discreetly let someone know of the benefits of cannabis oil,

breaking forum guidelines and then publicly creating drama is not.

Maybe you should take a deep breath and think about this before depriving others of your help.

The Mod on the Macmillan site was polite to you and helpful.

A PM with a link to 420 Magazine to those whom you feel it would help, would be a good solution, I think.

:Namaste:

evidence that 1930's propaganda still at large. Did you know our gov learned this from adolf hittler
Its time to spread that info to the world.

No it's not, it's an example of a forum implementing their guidelines.

If you want to see "evidence that 1930's propaganda still at large", turn on your TV.

Hi geekman.

Congratulations on beating that awful disease.

The Macmillan forum has its own rules and guidelines, as we also have here..

We do not talk about drug use on our forum and they do not talk about our beloved plant on theirs.

Private messaging is a good way to discreetly let someone know of the benefits of cannabis oil,

breaking forum guidelines and then publicly creating drama is not.

Maybe you should take a deep breath and think about this before depriving others of your help.

The Mod on the Macmillan site was polite to you and helpful.

A PM with a link to 420 Magazine to those whom you feel it would help, would be a good solution, I think.

Hey Ricorico,

I do fully appreciate and accept that the moderators are doing their job. I have no issues with them, they too are survivors of Cancer. I'm annoyed at the charity. Rules are in place for a reason, I fully accept that.

Think about it this way. In most parts of the world Cannabis is illegal, yet we break the law - the rules of the land - by smoking and growing. We break the rules for good reason though, because of the medical properties Cannabis has. And we fight against these rules so that we can smoke Cannabis. We fight the Governments decision to make it illegal. And it's proving effective given that certain states like Cali and Washington have now legalised it. So, pressure, drama and force does help.

And that's exactly what I am doing here with MacMillan.

We're not talking about using Cannabis to get high and forget about the Cancer. We are talking about scientific evidence and proof. And what MacMillan (and other charities) are effectively doing is blocking the general public from knowing about this. How many people don't know about RSO? How many people could have prolonged life had they known about it?

Yes, a private message would be ideal, and I have private messaged the member. But I feel that not allowing it to be discussed because Cannabis is illegal, given that it's a cure for Cancer, is denying people knowledge they should have access to.

:welcome:

Welcome to the world shattering realization that cannabis oil can cure cancer.

Unfortunately the propaganda has strongly influenced "official" opinions,

but those opinions are slowly changing.

Patience is key, use the Private Messaging service to inform others on the forum, not public drama.

come to 420 Magazine and bring your friends, we have lots of cancer sufferers/survivors here.

If pharmaceutical company-funded cancer forums lose members because of their stance on RSO,

then they will have to change that stance or fade into insignifigance as a community.

Cannabis is a beautiful gift from nature. It's wealth of health benefits is amazing. I'm 29, and I suffered with acne all my life. I'm not a hardcore stoner, I smoke about 4 tokes of a joint a night just to chill, and help me sleep and relieve my anxiety. I'm going a little off topic, but when I smoke my acne disappears completely. Not only that, but the morning after I smoke my depression and anxiety is gone, and I have this overall feeling of complete happiness throughout the day.

I hope I'm around when the world realises the power of Cannabis.

Rico rico how does propaganda not have anythong to do with this? I understand guidelines but if something desttoys cancer and you cant talk about it because of 70 plus years of puplicly displayed lies.

You can talk about it, just not on that forum. When it becomes completely legal then their guidelines will change.

They may be victims of propaganda, but who isn't? :scratchinghead:

They are also victims of a law that this website stands up against.

Thank you for helping us in our struggle to bring cannabis awareness to the world.

Cannabis is a beautiful gift from nature. It's wealth of health benefits is amazing. I'm 29, and I suffered with acne all my life. I'm not a hardcore stoner, I smoke about 4 tokes of a joint a night just to chill, and help me sleep and relieve my anxiety. I'm going a little off topic, but when I smoke my acne disappears completely. Not only that, but the morning after I smoke my depression and anxiety is gone, and I have this overall feeling of complete happiness throughout the day.

I hope I'm around when the world realises the power of Cannabis.

Life takes us on many journeys, maybe this is just another journey for you.

The world is changing.

Government Approves Medical Marijuana Research

International Cannabis News

Great points on this thread. We all know the reason why things are so jacked up...simply lies, deceit & misdirection by the big Pharmies. After a while you wonder who is who and what is a sham or what the hell is WORD. You start to wonder if charitable nonprofit organizations are on the up and up. Its a mess for sure.

I see Ricorico viewpoints standout because he knows how the wheel turns .... he knows why things are so messed up. He understands the due process, rules and regs. IMHO he simply stating 'follow the rules' & regs and keep spreading the word of awareness.

I busted on the scene geekman in a similar fashion, been in the basement a couple of years learning, researching cannabis concentrated oil to spread the word of its healing magic (not hearing about it...testing it). Could not wait to help people and spread the word. I've seen a lot of helping hands, some fist shown from long time friends, spit on and was told 'your an angel'. I see BS all the time when trying to help someone heal with improper information to mis-lead. People seeing what you know or don't know. BS games, bs games and more games.

Nobody is as mad about the way things are than I and thousands of more caring people who are asking the same question ....there are just proper channels to do things correctly. You cannot get the word out if there is no avenue to do so.

I to am passionate about the cannabis concentrated oil & know many many things it heals and do so safely and it really makes me sad to see how greed can run the world. Our journey continues to spread the word.

Welcome to 420 Magazine

Back
Top Bottom