Parkinsons Disease - CBD or THC

Ketama Jari

Look...this really sucks....I know we are still in the early stages of realising the potential of this beautiful herb as a potential treatment for diseases like Parkinson's...and until we have the opportunities to study just how we can use Cannabis to help with such diseases it really is a guessing game.

So..my father-in-law has Parkinson's disease. He was diagnosed about 10 years ago and has mild tremors on the left side of his body. He is currently taking low dosage of his prescribed medication. It is starting to get worse and I'm starting to look for new ways to help.

So here lays the problem.... he is a gentlemen.. an old school kind of guy... never experimented with drugs of any kind, apart from alcohol which isn't helping and if anything only adds a little depression to the whole situation.

I've smoked dope for the past 18 years, almost daily, only recently have I been able to take longer breaks and I'm quite experienced with growing.

I'm looking to produce some medicine for my old man but I don't know much about the medicinal properties and not sure which strain would be more effective...High THC or high CBD.... I understand the properties of each of these active components but have no idea how they will react with his disease.

Obviously I don't want to get the guy stoned out of his mind so in that sense I would be leaning towards CBD, However he is not in any sort of pain, more discomfort from the tremors.
I would be looking at produce edibles or some sort of tincture if I can manage to do it,
Any suggestions on which path I should venture down.

I'm living in a country which has very strict laws concerning the possession and cultivation of cannabis. If I am caught with more that 200g's I am facing a minimum 6 months prison. -in this country they weigh everything above the soil so 200g really isn't much considering that 80% of the plant is stem and leaf so I am taking quite a risk even with 2 small plants.

I've read about the study conducted in the Czech Republic...but considering it was not conducted under ideal conditions...for examples, not all patients were taking the same medicine it is quite inconclusive.

Any suggestions are very much appreciated.
Peace.

Look at sensi seeds a sponsor on here there website use to be a little different but you use to be able to go to a list and pick Parkinson and they would give you a list of strains they recommend. I would look into the new thing of juicing they take leaves and all and juice them there are some you tube vids on it. Best of luck to you hope you find what your looking for

My suggestion would be a strain with a 1:1 THC:CBD ratio.

THC and CBD both work as an anti spasmodic, THCV and CBD both act as Anti convulsants.

And since your father has no prior experience with Cannabis, he may not like the high/euphoric effects. So I would suggest using concentrated Cannabis oil to relieve his symptoms, while still letting him continue his drug free life.

Here's a tutorial on how to make the oil: How To Make Concentrated Cannabis Oil
And here's the writeup on how to properly administer the doses so he doesn't experience any high effects: How To Make Concentrated Cannabis Oil

I was diagnosed with a malformation in my brainstem (similar to a benign tumor) and tremors and a few other symptoms are quite common. I produce my own oil from what I can find in the black market and I can tell you that THC is not the answer although most of the strains I can play with are high THC.

This has been confirmed by one of the people I help which has Parkinson's and prefers the reduced THC oil I make.

Through decarboxylation I've been able to boost THC or reduce it based on my needs. For my dad I make a high THC 10% tincture that really helps him sleep better but for me it reduced THC for almost no head high.

I was diagnosed with a malformation in my brainstem (similar to a benign tumor) and tremors and a few other symptoms are quite common. I produce my own oil from what I can find in the black market and I can tell you that THC is not the answer although most of the strains I can play with are high THC.

This has been confirmed by one of the people I help which has Parkinson's and prefers the reduced THC oil I make.

Through decarboxylation I've been able to boost THC or reduce it based on my needs. For my dad I make a high THC 10% tincture that really helps him sleep better but for me it reduced THC for almost no head high.

If you notice the difference in THC levels in your oil, you're not administering the doses properly.

Review this link for proper dosing instructions: Cannabis Oil Dosing Tutorial: Tacking Method

And just a note, when you are eating, and digesting the oil, the medical benefits are drastically, drastically reduced.

I'm dosing with a dropper and counting off the drops so its always the same and not a sloppy process like with the syringe. I got tired of "winging it" with the syringes and needed accuracy and reproducibility. I just stick the dropper in hot water prior to dosing to make the oil more runny.

The dosage is exactly the same but the decarboxylation of each oil is done differently so the outcome is different. With the same dose, on the same person at the same time of day, given below the tongue (for faster absorption) one oil (the one decarbed for high THC) gives off a strong head high, makes you sleepy while the other one (the one with reduced THC) gives more of a body high and doesn't make you sleepy; 2 people with Parkinson's have already told me that they prefer this oil that has reduced THC and more CBD/CBN.

Getting product that has high CBD from the getgo would probably be best though.

You can read more about it here:

Decarboxylation | Skunk Pharm Research LLC

I'm dosing with a dropper and counting off the drops so its always the same and not a sloppy process like with the syringe. I got tired of "winging it" with the syringes and needed accuracy and reproducibility. I just stick the dropper in hot water prior to dosing to make the oil more runny.

The dosage is exactly the same but the decarboxylation of each oil is done differently so the outcome is different. With the same dose, on the same person at the same time of day, given below the tongue (for faster absorption) one oil (the one decarbed for high THC) gives off a strong head high, makes you sleepy while the other one (the one with reduced THC) gives more of a body high and doesn't make you sleepy; 2 people with Parkinson's have already told me that they prefer this oil that has reduced THC and more CBD/CBN.

Getting product that has high CBD from the getgo would probably be best though.

You can read more about it here:

Decarboxylation | Skunk Pharm Research LLC

They prefer lower THC strains because you're giving them doses incorrectly. Not everyone wants to feel a euphoric effect when treating ailments. They should not be swallowing it. Follow this dosing and administration method: Cannabis Oil Dosing Tutorial: Tacking Method

The drops are counted off into a spoon and "tacked correctly", the effect varies because the oil is decarbed in 2 different ways, for 27 minutes @ 250*F and 51 minutes at 250*F therefore accelerating the conversion of THC-A to THC or THC-A to CBN.

decarb_graph_zps33f82670.jpg

Do you understand the concept of decarboxylation? I swear its like explaining aerodynamics to a 5 year old.

Ketama Jari, give your father in law both, see what he prefers and let us know how its going.

Back
Top Bottom