Carcinoid Tumor and Cannabis Edibles?

BozoJim

Hello,
Happy New Year!
I will start out saying, that YES, I have been a Carcinoid patient, since 2006. That said, this whole business of Medicinal Marijuana, may to some of the medical community, feel it may be too taboo to comment on, but since in some states, it is now illegal, but helps me far more to control the pain, than to take the five prescriptions, that don't do anything at all, for my chronic pain and nausea, but only wastes my money.
I do not want to inhale it, because lung cancer, I can do without! I even tried vaping once, but I coughed and coughed, I thought vaping was far better than "Smoking" , but it still hurt my lungs...how can that be a benefit, than smoking a joint?
I simply want to eat small doses of Sativa edibles, for chronic pain relief, throught the day. Then Indica to help me sleep.

I was Diagnosed with Metastatic Carcinoid Neuroendocrine Tumor Cancer in 2006. (to date, I underwent three grueling surgeries, and now in chronic pain most of the time) and I'm on a lifetime regime of monthly 20mg,IM DEPOT LAR Sandostatin/Octreotide injections, and have gone through three grueling surgeries, and now in chronic pain.

I don't really want to start smoking, or vaping at 60 years af age....and end up with LUNG CANCER.......!
I smoked some pot back in the 70's, because I played in a band, and that's what we did. So I wanted to try the EDIBLES. I've tried a lot of different kinds, and so far, something is preventing the medicine from helping me achieve relief.

I would greatly like to know, Is there something included in this injection, that inhibits the effects of the cannabis to my brain receptors, to disallow any benefit, from actually "EATING Cannabis edibles, as opposed to inhaling it?
Someone, somewhere out there knows.
Any information at all would be greatly appreciated!
Please help!
Thank you!
Jim

Re: Carcinoid Tumor and Cannabis Edibles???

Hi Jim,

You are on the right track with cannabis to cure you. Here is a link to a notebook I keep online with bookmarks of all cannabis related info I find. Feel free to share this with anyone who may need it as it is a public document.

As for the lung cancer, cannabis will not cause it but, will cure it. If you are worried about smoke related tars etc. then get a vaporizer.

The prescription drugs will be no longer necessary once you start a cannabis regime. This regime will be a combination most likely of vaping, edibles and raw plant matter. As each individual's reaction to cannabis is different it is up to the user to determine what, how much and when to consume their regime.

Re: Carcinoid Tumor and Cannabis Edibles???

lung meme

effect_1_.png

Hello,
I have NEVER got any kind of 'pain relief', from eating any kind of THC infused edibles.
I have tried Kiva Bars, Quad dose..all of it..nada.
Cheeba chews. CBD, Nada. Espresso beans and even Jelly Watermelon slices, MJ's Honey Blue Agave, and C-Therapy with 50%CBD, and 50% THC.....NADA!!!! A friend gave me a LB of cannabutter, so I made brownies....I ate half the sheet, (I know) with a nice chilled glass of milk, and waited, and waited, and .. Well, you get the picture.
For some unexplained reason, or at least I don't know, why this does not help me at all. Sure, I can vape, but flower is expensive, and the oil carts, and medicare does not pay, or even help pay, for the only kind of "medicinal relief," that I can get from my chronic and extreme nausea, caused by my medication, that I need for the rest of my life.

My diagnosis is, a very rare "Neuroendocrine Carcinoid Metastatic Tumor" Cancer, Could this be the problem? Everyone tells me how they get relief from any imaginable EDIBLE, but I don't feel anything. :-(

I am on a monthly 20MG of LAR DEPOT Octreotide-Sandostatin, Either my injection is the culprit, or some tumor cells prohibiting any satisfaction for me. :-(

Hello, I am wondering how you are doing as I am in your wonderful carcinoid club with metastatic disease to the liver. I also am on Sandostatin but a larger dose at 30mg. Chronic pain seems to already be here for me since I started the Sandostatin. I also am considering cannabis as the drugs they give me for pain do not seem to help much.

Perhaps the failure of cannabis for you(IF it is still a failure) may be in regards to eating it instead of smoking it. Your liver must process the cannabis for some time before results can be achieved if you eat it. If you are metastatic to the liver it may be impaired enough to make a difference. I'm not sure about whether or not Sandostatin would inhibit cannabis but I too would like to know.

On the other hand smoking cannabis will go straight to the brain in seconds without further processing giving fairly instant results. At least a special I saw on cannabis pointed out this difference in the two methods of getting it in ya.

Have you tried any essential oils like Frankincense? At times I have had relief from it but am a novice just stumbling around when using it.

At any case best of luck to you in your quest for relief. Thousands are with you in the same quest.

Ron

Hi,

My mother has been diagnosed with an endorine tumour in the liver and small intestine. Her endocrinologist has informed her that surgery is not an option but will start her on monthly octreotide injections to hopefully slow the tumour growth.
I've been looking into cannabis oil to see if it can reduce the tumour but really confused which one would be suitable wether is THC or CBD also were I could get it from.
Please can you help me?

Kind regards
Nia

Hi,

My mother has been diagnosed with an endorine tumour in the liver and small intestine. Her endocrinologist has informed her that surgery is not an option but will start her on monthly octreotide injections to hopefully slow the tumour growth.
I've been looking into cannabis oil to see if it can reduce the tumour but really confused which one would be suitable wether is THC or CBD also were I could get it from.
Please can you help me?

Kind regards
Nia
Nia,

I hope your Mom is ok. Did you continue your research on THC helping her carcinoid? I’m looking for answers. Best.

Hello, I am wondering how you are doing as I am in your wonderful carcinoid club with metastatic disease to the liver. I also am on Sandostatin but a larger dose at 30mg. Chronic pain seems to already be here for me since I started the Sandostatin. I also am considering cannabis as the drugs they give me for pain do not seem to help much.

Perhaps the failure of cannabis for you(IF it is still a failure) may be in regards to eating it instead of smoking it. Your liver must process the cannabis for some time before results can be achieved if you eat it. If you are metastatic to the liver it may be impaired enough to make a difference. I'm not sure about whether or not Sandostatin would inhibit cannabis but I too would like to know.

On the other hand smoking cannabis will go straight to the brain in seconds without further processing giving fairly instant results. At least a special I saw on cannabis pointed out this difference in the two methods of getting it in ya.

Have you tried any essential oils like Frankincense? At times I have had relief from it but am a novice just stumbling around when using it.

At any case best of luck to you in your quest for relief. Thousands are with you in the same quest.

Ron
I hope you’re doing well Ron. I’d like to know if you’ve gathered more info on cannabis and carcinoid. Best

Welcome, Charlie. Let's see if we can help. What would you like to know?

As for interactions between octreotide and THC or CBD, there are no known significant interactions.

It's been a while since anyone has posted here prior to today. I hope everyone is doing well.

Back
Top Bottom