What is the best strain for my illness (Lupus) is it CBD? Please Help!

help4me

Hi,

I am not sure What is the best strain for my illness. I have Lupus (SLE)

I want to get off prednisone if that is possible.

How do i find out what the proper dose is? Is this something i have to do everyday???

Thank you,

Nicole

CBD is a Cannabinoid, Strain is the name given to a specific lineage, like OG Kush, Trainwreck, Alaskan Thunder, etc..

There's some background information, and some scientific data here, if you haven't already read it: Lupus Erythematosus

A lot of people swear by using the oil alone, which you can make yourself:
How To Make Concentrated Cannabis Oil
And how to dose:
Cannabis Oil Dosing Tutorial: Tacking Method

Several different Cannabinoids have anti-inflammatory, and analgesic properties, namely THC, CBD, and CBC. CBG Also contains analgesic properties, and THC also works as a neuroprotectant, which may, or may not help your ailment.

Many patients have also had amazing results smoking, or vaping Cannabis. I have a patient with Fibromyalgia who vapes daily to bring her nerve pain from a 10 down to a 3.

Finding the proper dose for you is likely going to be trial and error. Luckily, in like 10,000 years, there has never been a single recorded overdose, and the level at which an overdose occurs is still unknown today, if it even exists at all.

Smoking, Vaping, or consuming too much has different effects on different people. I have heard stories of people that panic, some people think they died (A police dispatch tape of an off duty officer who made brownies with his wife has this happen, you may remember the story), and people like me, just have an overwhelming urge to go to bed, and I end up with the most amazing night of sleep ever.

The best advice I can give you is start slowly. Don't do a ton of bong rips, or eat a pan of brownies. If you choose to smoke, vape, or use edibles to manage pain and inflammation, it might help you feel more comfortable if a friend or loved one is with you the first time to keep you feeling more at ease.

If you choose to use the oil, when properly administered (read the dosing tutorial), most people report NO high/euphoric effects. But some people enjoy the relaxation that comes with it, and choose to continue vaping, or smoking, like my Fibromyalgia patient.

Will you have to do it every day? I can't say for sure, everyone is different. But even if you ended up having to use Cannabis every day, You're eliminating garbage pills from your body, and prednisone has a lengthy list of side effects.

CBD is a Cannabinoid, Strain is the name given to a specific lineage, like OG Kush, Trainwreck, Alaskan Thunder, etc..

There's some background information, and some scientific data here, if you haven't already read it: Lupus Erythematosus

A lot of people swear by using the oil alone, which you can make yourself:
How To Make Concentrated Cannabis Oil
And how to dose:
Cannabis Oil Dosing Tutorial: Tacking Method

Several different Cannabinoids have anti-inflammatory, and analgesic properties, namely THC, CBD, and CBC. CBG Also contains analgesic properties, and THC also works as a neuroprotectant, which may, or may not help your ailment.

Many patients have also had amazing results smoking, or vaping Cannabis. I have a patient with Fibromyalgia who vapes daily to bring her nerve pain from a 10 down to a 3.

Finding the proper dose for you is likely going to be trial and error. Luckily, in like 10,000 years, there has never been a single recorded overdose, and the level at which an overdose occurs is still unknown today, if it even exists at all.

Smoking, Vaping, or consuming too much has different effects on different people. I have heard stories of people that panic, some people think they died (A police dispatch tape of an off duty officer who made brownies with his wife has this happen, you may remember the story), and people like me, just have an overwhelming urge to go to bed, and I end up with the most amazing night of sleep ever.

The best advice I can give you is start slowly. Don't do a ton of bong rips, or eat a pan of brownies. If you choose to smoke, vape, or use edibles to manage pain and inflammation, it might help you feel more comfortable if a friend or loved one is with you the first time to keep you feeling more at ease.

If you choose to use the oil, when properly administered (read the dosing tutorial), most people report NO high/euphoric effects. But some people enjoy the relaxation that comes with it, and choose to continue vaping, or smoking, like my Fibromyalgia patient.

Will you have to do it every day? I can't say for sure, everyone is different. But even if you ended up having to use Cannabis every day, You're eliminating garbage pills from your body, and prednisone has a lengthy list of side effects.

Well, when i have tried just regular pot in the past, it helped with the pain but i just feel to tired. CBD isn't for sale yet in my state, have to wait until the end of the year to get it.
So is there any studies that show just regular marijuana will help me?

Thank you

Well, when i have tried just regular pot in the past, it helped with the pain but i just feel to tired. CBD isn't for sale yet in my state, have to wait until the end of the year to get it.
So is there any studies that show just regular marijuana will help me?

Thank you

I am currently using Medicann's Blue Blood for my MS. It is a strain high in both THC (17%) and CBD(10%). It helps with my MS symptoms. I use it at night, because it does tend to help with sleep too. During the day, I use coconut oil or a glycerin tincture infused with a high THC strain (right now it is Train Wreck also from Medicann.) I got fem seeds of both through Herbies. :peace:

It sounds like you might have been using an Indica, or Indica dominant strain.
Indica tends to make people feel more relaxed, mellow, drowsy, and even sleepy as you experienced.

I actually grew an Indica dominant strain for my Fibromyalgia patient, which is higher in CBD, and was recommended for Fibromyalgia, but she didn't like the sleepy feelings either. So she tried a Sativa dominant strain I had, and felt the same pain relief, with much less sleepyness.

You conducted a small study yourself, and found that regular Cannabis helped with the pain :thumb:
As for studies, I don't know of any other than what I already provided a link to.

I'd get my hands on some Sativa if possible, and give that a try to hold you over until you can get on board with trying the CBD.

Back
Top Bottom