My Marijuana Apology to the Governor of Texas

growin2015

This apology is to the American people, the DEA, and the governor of our honored state, Mr. Gregg Abbott.
I grew marijuana this summer and I wanted to offer my deepest apologies to the federal government and the State of Texas. I wanted to report that it was a fine harvest, one that I really did not deserve.

Who did deserve this marijuana was my son, who is an alcoholic and has a multitude of issues. Alcohol was killing him at age 27. After 3 rehabs, trouble with the law, and erratic behavior brought on by a multitudes of things, including ADD, ADHD, bipolar diagnosis, Hep C from blood transfusions when he was a baby and 1.3oz at birth 4 months premature, major hearing loss, and severe eyesight problems. He spent his first 10 months of his life on his back at a Dallas hospital with no mother or father and only nurses to care for him. So by the Grace of God, I want to publicly apologize for growing Cannibas to save my son's life when dozens of Doctors failed. Am I smarter than them, I think not for certain, however they were restricted to the pharmaceuticals at hand.

After my son's last rehab, and me finding him drunk again at 10:30 in the morning, I finally and almost too late, started medicating him with Marijuana. Listen brothers, he was put on every medication in the pharmacy companies could produce including every stimulant and medication available. They tried everything and a 15 minute . He even has a $60K hospital bill due to his alcoholism and being treated at Parkland Hospital in Dallas, a supposed public hospital. This story in itself is enough for you to understand my son's mountain.

After providing him the smoke, he immediately stopped drinking and almost stopped drinking altogether for the last 5 months. A say almost, because he drank twice because I ran out of meds. My wife and mother both commented that he is smiling, not knowing what I had done for him in supplying marijuana. Don't scoff at these benchmarks and results, as you would not understand what improvement we saw. We meaning my immediate family in which I hide the truth everyday and tell them its because of the Grace of God and I believe this to be the truth. See it is a plant placed here by God himself so this is the irony of your stance and The Failed Drug War. I believe that we should ban Poison Ivy and criminalize its possession as it causes me and others great distress.

I am a professional in his mid-50's and educated. I do not believe, nor am I telling you, that the marijuana plant is the answer to mankind problems. What I am telling you is that it is much safer and better for mankind than alcohol and cigarettes. It goes beyond that and includes at least a 25% reduction in opiate-based pain medications, medication created by scientist in labs, that Kills 46 People EVERY DAY and that it is being proven that marijuana is a direct replacement for this severe pain-pill epidemic.

I am telling you that this Marijuana plant will make a safer world as we have tried the good old boys slugging down some Bourbon or Vodka or other poisons and creating real war games. I strongly believe that if world leaders got together over the buds I grew on my farm, we would welcome in lasting peace and world trade of the cannibas plant. Please don't laugh, I truly believe that world peace could be obtained in my backyard.

Marijuana will impact many lives by providing a natural solution to pain medication and you will see the pain pill manufacturers do anything they can to stop it.

Our problem is that this represents Billions of Dollars in lost revenue to the major pharmaceutical companies including Pzier, Purde Pharma, Johnson & Johnson, Endo, and many others. Politicians that have the Big Pharma Pockets will continue to proliferate the lies and denounce Marijuana as evil.

I am asking you to Stop the Criminalization of Marijuana Now and legalize the use and cultivation of Marijuana In the State of Texas and across the nation.

I grow marijuana, and will continue to grow Marijuana, because this plant, that you and your colleagues, myself, and everyone has been lied to since the infamous marijuana Tax law in 1937. I don't blame you as we all inherited this problem. Arrest me, take me to jail, for I have broken the law, but ask yourselves, what would you do?

So my son will live beyond the 3 more years it appears. And if you decide to track me down, treat me like a criminal, and bring even the DEA in on this. I will gladly trade my freedom for another day of my son's freedom from alcohol and its deadly result.

Again, I want to sincerely apologize for the fine crop of Marijuana that I grew in your beloved state and nation. Before you drink that alcoholic beverage tonight, just remember that I have the herb that heals and I am asking you to at least take a look at the Truth, instead of continuing your ignorance on Marijuana.

Your Fellow Texan.

Back
Top Bottom