Restless Leg Syndrome

WildestViolet

Yay! this is a very good day for me and my new card. I would like to know if anyone else suffers from 'restless leg syndrome'? Since the queen in my court is a strain called Odyssey and obviously a newer strain, possibly related to Blueberry, I am wondering if this is the best medicinal choice for RLS.
If you have ever suffered from this my doctor has said, there are few choices in the medical world and mj is one of the best...Feed back appreciated...
Hugs from the coastal rainy woods.

from what I have learned so far on this condition, Indica seems to be the best for keeping it under control... it's more of a body high, which slows the thinking process and relaxes the body, putting it on ice, so to speak, temporarily...

Ive had SEVERE RLS since before it was ever a diagnosable disorder, stemming from a car 'accident' back in 2002. All I can say is, MJ was like a one-two punch. While I was detoxing off the oxycontin they'd prescribed me is when the RLS started, and that plus the withdrawals made it 100X worse. Apparently when you've taken OC's for more than 3 months, you're not supposed to just stop... guess I should have thought that through...

So yeah, back to the 1-2 punch... It virtually eliminated my RLS, then helped me get to sleep. Even though I live in RI where medi-jane is available, I havent gotten a script yet. I still use it every single day to combat this damn tingling/dead/cramp/spazm in my legs, and would recommend the same to any/everybody who suffers from it.

Now this is starting to make sense. I was in a car accident in AZ in 2000. I am not sure if I ever had RLS prior. thank you for your information and support. RLS is so frustrating and you coined it with your description...Unless you suffer from it, no one can understand it. I have had hours of sleepless nights and by the time I get to sleep, I am so worn out, so hopefully, I can get some relief. I have just never been much on the smoke side. I am more of a grower....but then I am a bit more legal now...so that helps...if any of this makes sense...;):thanks:

Ive had SEVERE RLS since before it was ever a diagnosable disorder, stemming from a car 'accident' back in 2002. All I can say is, MJ was like a one-two punch. While I was detoxing off the oxycontin they'd prescribed me is when the RLS started, and that plus the withdrawals made it 100X worse. Apparently when you've taken OC's for more than 3 months, you're not supposed to just stop... guess I should have thought that through...

So yeah, back to the 1-2 punch... It virtually eliminated my RLS, then helped me get to sleep. Even though I live in RI where medi-jane is available, I havent gotten a script yet. I still use it every single day to combat this damn tingling/dead/cramp/spazm in my legs, and would recommend the same to any/everybody who suffers from it.

Another great example of the safety and effectiveness of cannabis as compared to mainstream synthetic drugs. :peace:

Hi there...Sorry all, for not getting back to you to say THANKS>>>>I also never had RLS, til a car accident in Arizona in 2000...SO, I have not been on this forum, cause I am a regular on GP...but now, I will have to check back...
Read Torco's amazing grow journal and got hooked...
Hope you are all doing well and will check back again to meet some of you amazing people...Outdoor is going to be amazing. I have my grow journals on GP...
Take Care...
Generally I am CaliWildViolet420 but somehow I registered here as WildestViolet...my favorite flowers.....
Wildest Violet aka Caliwildviolet420

Thanks Roseman...I appreciate your response. My Queen, which I have been growing for over a year is Oddyssey....She is supposed to be 100% Indica and is the best strain, I have personally grown.
My sis...who is a RN...also told me about Potassium...and I will have to pick up some Magnesium...as well....TOTALLY APPRECIATED....As you know..RLS...is one of the most pathetically annoying and for me...personally to the point of tears...ailment..

On one of my threads....You can see this beauty...probably on several, since I harvest her from Hydro grows a lot...

there is a bit of stem and leaf in that jar...but it is holding about a pound....dense, thick nugs....I always trim out excess stem..tho, cause I do not offer my patients leaf or stem for the most part...I think I also trimmed this tray, when I was totally recovering from severe migraine...and just back from hospital....

Damn I've had that (RLS) since I was alil kid but never knew it was a "desiese" or what ever u want to call it till just now....im gonna need some treat meant now haha :) yeah buddy

HI everybody: seems I have had this RLS for about 3 years now, some nights better than others. Has anybody had god luck with a particular strain? I'm hesitant to use a sativa since I feel it would keep me up, so I use indica based which seem to be helping. My last treatment was with cookies and blackberry kush which seemed to work fine. I'm interested to see if there are any that other board members have used which yield good results. As well I will get to the health food store and pick up magnesium and potassium.

As well I am a type 2 diabetic and get tingling feet, i found a natural treatment called hypericum perforatum 30 made by boiron, i pick it up at the health food store.

May I suggest Cannabis Concentrate Oil .... a friend with Parkinson's also has this ??? I know, with the rolling also. The concentrate from Master Kush (Indica) helps immensely dosed properly...not for the euphoric...then he vaps the same oil about 30 minutes after dosing. He keeps improving. Best of luck to all. This also controls sugar levels for diabetics and many many more things for great health. Peace

restless legs is so weird and annoying. Lucky, when i do get it squats and stretching can normally take care of it long enough for me to fall asleep.

Interesting about the potassium and magnesium helping...stupid muscles lol, and what the hell with it not letting someone sleep despite how tired they are... I too only found out within the last couple years that others experience restless legs too, some peeps got it bad...which I don't feel I do, though have even punched my own thigh before out of frustration from it ahahaha....oh btw charlie horses DO NOT work lol

not only do I have RLS buy its in my arm also. I asked the doc about it and he said only a low percentage of people get it in the leg and arm, lucky me. If it wasn't for my meds I would never sleep, but since I grow my own from bag seed I never know what strain but without it I'm screwed. I dread the few times I run out because I know how bad the nights are going to get.

yes I have RLS and have been taking a parkinsons disease medication to control it but have found pot to help also although the strains I have used have only given short lived relief. I want more than anything to find something I can use that isn't a chemical drug to control my RLS...After reading thru all the posts I will also try the potassium and magnesium in conjunction to the pot...I live in a state that has just this year legalized medicinal but has nothing setup so it's as good as not having it legalized, I also find it difficult to buy specific strains when I'm buying it from the streets(who knows what you are really buying)they can call it anything, but doesn't mean it is...and who knows if it will be available the next time I need to buy that's the problem with buying it off the streets. If anyone else has any suggestions as to how to find particular strains when there is no controlled supplier to buy from I would appreciate any and all suggestions...Thanks to all for sharing info. Happy 4:20 everyone

yes I have RLS and have been taking a parkinsons disease medication to control it but have found pot to help also although the strains I have used have only given short lived relief. I want more than anything to find something I can use that isn't a chemical drug to control my RLS...After reading thru all the posts I will also try the potassium and magnesium in conjunction to the pot...I live in a state that has just this year legalized medicinal but has nothing setup so it's as good as not having it legalized, I also find it difficult to buy specific strains when I'm buying it from the streets(who knows what you are really buying)they can call it anything, but doesn't mean it is...and who knows if it will be available the next time I need to buy that's the problem with buying it off the streets. If anyone else has any suggestions as to how to find particular strains when there is no controlled supplier to buy from I would appreciate any and all suggestions...Thanks to all for sharing info. Happy 4:20 everyone

Hello there. The best way to get guaranteed quality cannabis is to grow your own. Most of the folks here do that. Some people are not able to do it even with stealth methods. IE: small apt., hostile roommate, etc. If you are considering it here is a link to help get started THE GROW ROOM which has a lot of great information. There are lots of wonderful folks with plenty of knowledge to help you. We are willing to help all we can. If you have any questions please ask. If I can be of any assistance of point you in the right direction just let me know. :high-five: :Namaste:

WOW thanks

I've has RLS for nearly 40 years now and hope fully i can now get it under control.

Maybe i won't kick the wife out of bed in the middle of the night when i'm loosing my mind not being able to control it lol

Hi everyone,

Please excuse my resurrecting this old post but it was very relevant in a search that I made today...Since the latest post to this thread, a LOT has happened regarding the status and legality of Medical MJ and now...Recreational use in CA.

I've had severe Restless Leg Syndrome (RLS) for as long as I can remember. I'm 58 years old, male, and it runs in my family. I've been taking prescription medication (Gabapentin and Ropinirole) for years to curb my symptoms around bedtime but I didn't have anything to fall back on to in the hours prior to bedtime. If I took my medication, I'd fall asleep. What I asked Google for was the best strains for RLS because I'm looking for...well, the best strains for RLS. I've just recently been able to resume partaking (due to being between jobs) and, knowing that Indica is the general family of MJ I should seek out, here are the strains to look for. I haven't tried any of them yet but I'll post back when I find the best. I hope this helps someone cope with this debilitating syndrome.

Granddaddy Purple
Holy Ghost
Purple Kush
AC/DC
Afghan Kush
Harlequin

Most or all of these strains are now regulated, controlled and legal so you should be able to find a dispensary in your area (in CA) that has them in stock. At the time of this post, it's the first month of CA's ad-venture into the nitty-gritty phase of distribution, licensing, and taxation of Recreation MJ but the outlets are quickly adapting to the controlled chaos and coming through for all the consumers. CA has had Medical MJ outlets for years so they've had experience in displaying and distributing their goods. They're kind of like boutiques. Not that I know what a boutique looks like but you get the idea.

Sincerely,

Richard Cabasa

Back
Top Bottom