RLS - Restless Leg Syndrome

Does anyone here suffer from restless leg syndrome? Does cannabis help you? What do you find that works for you?

I've had RLS my whole life. I remember being tormented by it as a child on up to my early teens. It wasn't until I started exercising that I gained some control over the symptoms.

is this where your legs feel real restless like at night when you are trying to go to bed but you cant go to sleep because your legs feel real weak and tired and as much as you want to go to sleep you cant? if so i get that sometimes and like you i havent found anything that fixes and its the worst feeling ever!

I haven't been diagnosed with RLS, but I HAVE to shake my legs at night when I lay down to sleep. I've always thought I had RLS. Getting high does help a lot with controling RLS because it induces sleep quickly. I used to smoke weed every night to fall asleep. The nights I didn't, I wouldn't be able to sleep because I couldn't stop shaking my legs. Recently however, I've been taking Melatonin pills, they also induce sleep and I dont feel the urge to shake my legs at all.

I have had it all of my life, ever since i can remember, waking up at night with much pain, still have it to this day, cannabis can help or exacerbate it, but most of the time it helps, tylenol and acetomenaphine make it worse.

^ Yes, I'm with you there. Tylenol does nothing but make mine worse, too. My mom likes to use vapor rub, but it doesn't help me much.

Thanks for the link Racefan!

is this where your legs feel real restless like at night when you are trying to go to bed but you cant go to sleep because your legs feel real weak and tired and as much as you want to go to sleep you cant? if so i get that sometimes and like you i havent found anything that fixes and its the worst feeling ever!

Yes, that's similar. You get the creepy crawlies? You feel like you just have to move them.

I haven't been diagnosed with RLS, but I HAVE to shake my legs at night when I lay down to sleep. I've always thought I had RLS. Getting high does help a lot with controling RLS because it induces sleep quickly. I used to smoke weed every night to fall asleep. The nights I didn't, I wouldn't be able to sleep because I couldn't stop shaking my legs. Recently however, I've been taking Melatonin pills, they also induce sleep and I dont feel the urge to shake my legs at all.

Good info! I think a lot of people could benefit from Melatonin, too.

Yeah and i wont stop like ill move them and not be comfortable and move them again ill kick to see if it will go away and no but when trying to sleep it feels real uncomfortable

Does anyone here suffer from restless leg syndrome? Does cannabis help you? What do you find that works for you?

I've had RLS my whole life. I remember being tormented by it as a child on up to my early teens. It wasn't until I started exercising that I gained some control over the symptoms.

I've taken medication that gave it to me badly. It was terrible. I have very busy legs all day long but not the same as RLS I think. RLS is almost painful right? Like a ache or pain you cant put your finger on and you think moving or adjusting the leg will help but it doesn't. But you still must move your leg or you will go crazy? Well thats what the medicine did for me. Ive had some sleep study's done and they tell me I have high PLMs Periodic Limb Movements. But my doc feels mine may be related to my apnea which starves me of oxygen. So I my body is constantly moving and adjusting to wake me up and breathe. It really sucks. With a cpap it all goes away.

yoga has helped mine alot, but with a severe back injury, NO MORE YOGA < and that sucks! unfortunately opiates help with my RLS.

definitely sleep better with cannibis which might help, but no guarantees with restless leg syndrome.

I hear ya there. That's so true.

McBudz - That's exactly what it feels like. Do your limbs jerk around just before you go to bed? Sometimes my arms or legs jerk suddenly for no reason at all, usually just before I fall asleep or right after I fall asleep.

Tintala - I agree exercise of any kind definitely helps. I found when I started reducing the amount a sugar and starches I ate things improved greatly as well.

McBudz - That's exactly what it feels like. Do your limbs jerk around just before you go to bed? Sometimes my arms or legs jerk suddenly for no reason at all, usually just before I fall asleep or right after I fall asleep.

Yup. I've had sleep study's for sleep apnea and they put sensors on your shin muscle to detect leg/foot movement along with about 420 other sensors in other places. My Doc told me I dance in my sleep :) I have the sleep study reports and sure enough my PLMs (periodic limb movements?) are all over the place.

my father told me bout "crazy legs". I never had any symptoms till a 3 level fusion (L3-L5). I had to take benzos and opiates for years since. I still wake up several times a month like someone hit me with a cattle prod. It was crazy, had to get a random piss test because of the narcotic contract. recently when I saw my doc told him that a good bowl worked better and he felt the same way. He told me to keep smoking and that he would never flag me for THC. Ive had 2 piss tests since and things are smooth sailing and Ive reduce my scripts by 80%

hahahah my doc told me the same, he keeps asking me if I can smoke to lower the meds, i keep tellnig him yeah but i can't wake and bake.,he told me to ignore the clause of the piss test, he said he would NEVER do that to me. I think he smokes weed to. the herniations and sciatica have exacerbated my RLS.

i dont know if i have rls or not but ive had arthritus in my legs since i was 12 and i have the same symptoms at night. the tinglelyness and the awake feeling. sudden jerks of limbs suck so bad at 3am and the feeling of you haveta move or it hurts if you dont. the only thing that really makes it go away is smokin a bowl or anything else to make ya wanna goto sleep for me anyways. but smokin a bowl and chillaxin usually works better then anything else. sometimes a reclining rocking chair to keep ya movin while your sleepin helps if you can handle moving while sleeping. its like a long car ride every night. but i always feel bettter in the morning. i dunno just thought ide throw my 2 cents in this subject since it kinda related to me.

I get that sudden jerk once in a while right before I fall asleep, usually I am just starting to dream and something will happen in my dream causing me to have to move real quick (dodging a fist, animal attack, or some kind of surprise) and one limb will jerk like you describe. I don't have RLS though, I thought I used to years back as I used to HAVE to wiggle at least one foot to go to sleep. I don't recall when that stopped for the most part, I still get it now and again but much more rarely.

My ex-gf had it and it drove her nuts sometimes, sometimes the smoking would help, sometimes it wouldn't.

Hello guys and gals! well here is my idea of having this restless leg syndrome.... i cant sleep because i feel i need to go out jogging late at night and it drives me crazy! i lay in bed and kick my legs and my arms start to get it as well! but i just googled rls syndrome and was wondering about it and weed and this topic was here to i had to let you know that i just got :rollit: and hell i cant feel my legs! lol smoke if u cant sleep

I used to take CAL-MAG Fizz from the Helath Food store, but the large dose of calcium gave me kidney stones. Now I take potassium and magniseum for a few days and mine quit. Then I quit taking the potassium and magneseum and they start back.

I also figured out the days that I mow the lawn and walk alot, I sleep much better.

Smoking Pot has never helped my legs, not the cramps and not the kicking and recklessness.

Back
Top Bottom