Georgia: Following A Family On Journey To Medical Marijuana

Jacob Redmond

11Alive is following a Winder mother on her journey to save her two-year-old daughter's life.

Erin Cleveland's daughter Lainey suffers from a number of health issues including seizures.

Lainey started having seizures at 3-months-old, and now at 2-years-old she is severely delayed, unable to talk, walk, or eat on her own.

"She's two-years-old and she can't sit up on her own she's just now learning to hold her head up, just now starting to grab things," said Erin Cleveland, Lainey's mother.

Erin has tried medicine, but she said it doesn't work.

She is now pursuing a Georgia medical marijuana registration card and ultimately cannabis oil for Lainey.

"I want to see her walk one day, I'd love to see her reach her arms out for me one day just the things that you take for granted until you don't have it," said Cleveland.

Cleveland gave up her career, and stays at home full time with Lainey.

They go through therapy, she feeds her, and make sure she gets through her seizures, sometimes ten a day.

"It's horrible to watch, absolutely horrible."

Cleveland is waiting to visit Lainey's pediatrician and neurologist to receive final approval for the registration card.

She should then receive it within 15 days.

At that point, Cleveland will pick up Lainey's cannabis oil and administer it to her for the first time.

Cleveland is hoping that the cannabis oil will reduce or eliminate Lainey's seizures so they can focus on her other health issues.

Cleveland said she just wants to see her daughter smile again.

She wants to see what Lainey can do when she's not seizing.

Earlier this year, Georgia legalized the use of certain types of medical marijuana.

It's still illegal to cultivate it, but patients can obtain a registration card to use it based on their doctor's approval.

11Alive News will follow Erin and Lainey on their journey to obtaining a card and cannabis oil.

14992.jpg

News Moderator: Jacob Redmond 420 MAGAZINE ®
Full Article: 11Alive following family on journey to medical marijuana
Author: Christopher S Hopper
Photo Credit: Cleveland Family
Website: Atlanta News, Weather, Traffic, Sports and Entertainment | Atlanta, GA | 11Alive.com WXIA TV

Back
Top Bottom