Could Medical Marijuana Become Legal in The Natural State?

Christine Green

Arkansas - Two Arkansas groups want to clear the air about where they stand when it comes to two proposed constitutional amendments approved by Arkansas Attorney General Leslie Rutledge.

The first approved proposed constitutional amendment titled, The Arkansas Medical Marijuana Amendment of 2016, was submitted by Little Rock lawyer, David Couch, and currently has 40,000 signatures. The second approved, the Arkansas Medical Cannabis Act, currently has close to 100,000 signatures.

On Monday, a new group was established to fight both initiatives, The Coalition for Safer Arkansas Communities.

"We want to educate people so that they are aware statewide, so that we can protect whole communities from what this agenda really is about and the destructive nature of it," said CSAC Chairman, Kevin Russell.

For the last two years, Arkansas for Compassionate Care and their countless volunteers have been out collecting signatures for the Arkansas Medical Cannabis Act.

Melissa Fults, with the pro-medical marijuana group, says passing the initiative would only cultivate health benefits that smokers and nonsmokers alike can support.

"Many people say I have never smoked it in my life but my mother or my father or my sister, brother, wife, husband, my child. Somebody they know desperately needs this for one of the qualifying conditions," said Fults.

marijuana_legal_gavel.jpg

News Moderator: Christine Green 420 MAGAZINE ®
Full Article: Could medical marijuana become legal in the Natural State? | KATV
Author: Sarafina Brooks
Photo Credit: CBS
Website: Little Rock News, Weather, Sports, Breaking News | KATV

Back
Top Bottom