Letter - Pass Medical Marijuana Amendment For Real Relief

Katelyn Baker

Medical marijuana products will be available for purchase this week, but who is going to benefit from this? I watch my husband suffer daily from severe pain, in spite of two prescribed pain medications. He is a senior citizen suffering from severe peripheral neuropathy and he deserves to have the option of medical marijuana with his doctor's recommendation — but he can't under the current law.

The current law, with the exception of those on their deathbeds, will likely not even help those it intends to help. The low-THC products are not going to the help the pain or appetite of a cancer patient. All medicine, science and anecdotes say that an "entourage" effect is necessary. Meaning higher levels of THC with CBDs are necessary to induce appetite and ease pain. I had a friend of 50 years and a sister who both died from cancer. It is very likely they died sooner because they could not eat.

This is not a system put in place for suffering patients, like my husband. The only way he'll see relief is if Amendment 2 is passed. Please, for us and many others, vote "yes" this November.

letter.png

News Moderator: Katelyn Baker 420 MAGAZINE ®
Full Article: Letter - Pass Medical Marijuana Amendment For Real Relief
Author: Tallahassee Democrat
Photo Credit: None Found

Back
Top Bottom