Germany Permits Medical Marijuana

Jim Finnel

Fallen Cannabis Warrior & Ex News Moderator
A German woman with multiple sclerosis is the first person in her country to be allowed to legally buy pharmaceutical-grade cannabis to ease her symptoms.

Deutsche Welle said Tuesday the newspaper Suddeutsche Zeitung reported that the German Federal Institute for Drugs and Medical Devices' decision to permit the 51-year-old woman to legally buy cannabis from a pharmacy was unprecedented.

Doctors, so far, are only allowed to prescribe a synthetic form of cannabis called Dronabinol, which is not covered by health insurance. Patients who acquire it without a doctor's prescription risk prosecution.

Under the institute's ruling, the woman, identified as Claudia H., will be allowed to buy a "standardized extract" from the cannabis plant at a pharmacy for a one-year period. A doctor has to monitor the medicinal marijuana therapy and the drug must be kept in a safe to prevent theft.

The Munich newspaper said several scientific studies show cannabis can ease pain and spasms often associated with multiple sclerosis, a debilitating nerve ailment. It's also known to prevent weight loss among cancer and AIDS patients.

News Hawk- User https://www.420magazine.com
Source: ScienceDaily
Copyright: 2007 ScienceDaily LLC

How many studies does it take to prove the positive benefits of this PLANT!

Studies are not needed. It is known that there are positive benifits from this plant.

What is needed is the government to realize that harming some people (denying them medicine) to benifit others (prevent kids from becoming Heroin addicts) is evil.

(I've almost given up the hope that the government will see that it is silly to criminalize a plant.)

Around my neck of the woods decriminalization means nothing on paper and the Hill Billy cops round here would hunt you if you so much as thought about buying a blunt wrap. They have been known to watch the people who buy papers or wraps and follow them just for the opportunity to bust them. I have written letter after letter to officials about this breakdown of privacy! I gave up on my local mission along time ago. I will never lose hope when it comes to the nationwide agenda though.

This is a great news cause now goverments around the world will have to acknowledge benefits of cannabis as medicine and reconsider their politics towards this sacred plant.

Back
Top Bottom