Northern Lights

whats up everyone. I got yet another bomb review for you guys. Northern lights. When i heard these were around i had to go check em out. Now i only ever had these one time before and they were neon green with brite orange hairs. These look a lil different to me. Trichs everywhere but there not as green but still skunky/sweet as all hell and orange all over. They taste the same way as well. Pungent skunk flavor hits you first and then your left with a sweet taste in your mouth. Yeh i know tastey. The buzz is amazing. I rolled up a j with my friend and were laughing and giggling like girls lol. Weather its nl or not i give it a 9.0. thanks for checkin out my post and let me know what you think.. :peace:

folder_004.jpg

folder_0011.jpg

folder_0051.jpg

I've grown 8 grows of N/L and none of the buds looked exactly the same, nor tasted the same. I've had all sorts of colors of N/L buds. I've had runts that were 18 inches tall after 14 weeks, I 've had two that got over 53 inches tall and gave me over 5 ounces each of dried manicued buds.
Depending on bud size, trichome color, and lenght of curing time, I have had N/L that tasted like Black Pepper, like Sandlewood, like Honey Suckles, like Musk, like Skunk smells, like Pine Sol or Turpentine, and a variety of tastes.

I've grown 8 grows of N/L and none of the buds looked exactly the same, nor tasted the same. I've had all sorts of colors of N/L buds. I've had runts that were 18 inches tall after 14 weeks, I 've had two that got over 53 inches tall and gave me over 5 ounces each of dried manicued buds.
Depending on bud size, trichome color, and lenght of curing time, I have had N/L that tasted like Black Pepper, like Sandlewood, like Honey Suckles, like Musk, like Skunk smells, like Pine Sol or Turpentine, and a variety of tastes.

damn.

back when i was a youngin. Nl's were my first experience with real buds. Man is that something else going from schwag to dank

This should be a thread somewhere. Your first experience with quality. :grinjoint:
For me it was just as good as when i first smoked.

Hey Junglee, those are some great looking buds! The Northern Lights never looked that good when it came around here! But back then there was alot of fruity buds and those always attracted me.

I just got through running 2 NL from seed, and I was never able to get that lime green color once they dried, then of course I'm a complete noob. Just started 2 more, and hoping for better results with what I've learned. NL can definitely have multiple phenos, as it's been so crossed and messed with. I get a high that ranges from uppity sativa-ish haze, on one plant, to comfy indica relaxation(without the couchlock) on the other...Both plants also exhibited different growth characteristics...All in all a good strain IOM, but I would give it a 6 or 7 out of 10....Jus my 2 cents...

My NL was from Nirvana reg seeds. First time with seed bank seeds.
Hempy, OC+/DmRed, 400w HPS
5 no sprouts, then 5 sprouted. 3 males and a hermie left me with one lone female.
She spread out nice and filled the grow room with the help of a little LST.
Very little smell while growing. Not much more when cured. Neutral taste also.
Took 24 weeks total 6 veg + 18 flowering. Didn't want to stop fox tailing. Never got as amber as we wanted. I give it a 7.
Would I grow it again? That's a maybe. To many other strains I wanna try as of now.
Yield just under 8oz if I remember correct.

She was a beautiful plant :)
NL_8wks_flowering_2_R.JPG

LSTed branch
NL_10th_wk_12_Rc.JPG

Fox tailing
NL_14_weeks_flowering_8_R.JPG

Multi colored while growing sort of a brownish purple over tones
NL_14_weeks_flowering_3_R.JPG

One of the two huge LSTed buds
NL_18wks_harvested_4_R.jpg

Finished product 2g bud
NL_tops_3_R.jpg