Lowryder 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMG_7295.JPG

This is a smoke report on Joint Doctor's Lowryder 2.

The buds are frosty, sticky and resinous, but somewhat leafy. Since the sugar leaves are heavily covered with sugar, however, I'm not sure that's a fault with this strain. Also, this was a seed grow, so while only lower buds were pollinated, that can affect the leaf/flower ratio on the rest of the plant.

The aroma of the recently harvested buds was best described by wheelo, who said it smelled like someone had thrown up on a skunk ;).

After a week or so of dry time, however, it's aroma has improved considerably, but still nothing to write home about.

It has a pleasant mild skunky aroma and the taste is also mild and neutral.

Potency is somewhat lower than other strains I've been smoking lately, since I can smoke an entire joint of it and I haven't yet developed any tolerance, but the high is nice.

It doesn't blow your head off like a lot of modern strains, and you don't forget you're holding a joint after 2-3 hits, but it puts me in a really good headspace.

Really nice mellow hybrid high with zero paranoia. It's fairly good for relieving my back pain, and the buzz lasts for a good 2 hours or so, which, with rare exception, is about as long as most strains last me.

I like it and I'm glad I made some seeds because I'm going to grow it again.

Sometimes I want to relax, smoke a nice joint, and get a nice buzz.

Lowryder 2 is very good for that.

IMG_7294.JPG

From start to finish in about 8 weeks indoors and 9 weeks outdoors.

They stay very short outdoors, usually around 12". They get bigger indoors on 18/6 or 20/4, but it's a small autoflowering strain.

Those four plants above yielded about 2oz, which isn't too bad for having grown them outdoors except for about the last 3 weeks of bloom.

They're fast and fun to grow, and I like the high, but I don't expect big yields from these cuties.

thanks staffy!

got about 40 nice mature seeds from this grow, so maybe I'll update this thread next time I grow them, which will probably be soon ;)

BTW, just to clarify, that was 2oz total from the 4 plants, not 2oz apiece, which would be stellar for LR2

ya i got you. if i can remember the orig low ryder, you'd be lucky to a half off each plant. normaly a quater ounce. but the low ryder 2 u get a bit more yeild and better smoke. so ya totaly get ya. i think that 2 from four is good and about right for these strains . and they look good too. you got any bud pics?
:)

yep, but they're not very pretty. I didn't trim them close because there was nice frost on the sugar leaves, and if I had trimmed them close, I wouldn't have much left, lol

I poked through the buds looking for seeds too, so they're a little tore up, but I'll post some in a bit.

thanks staffy!

nice, i might use this for outdoor next year. also thinking about Iranian Short Season from doctor greenthumb. not a great yield but it looks like you can plant a lot of plants in a small area

hey mate, they look good well done. u can tell a lil bit that u dug threw them, now that u mention , lol. speakin of seeds. a guy i know he said that it isnt that good buying fem. seeds cuz sometimes they turn hermi and just not as good. he said they do something to them to make them fem and this is why fem seeds can be crap. he said better to do bag seeds? sounds silly to me but what do u think?? dont know if i believe this.

Hey Setting Sun, you ever grow any other autos so that you could compare them to LR2? I've heard that some are bigger, that some taste better, and some are stronger. I haven't heard if it's all available in one strain (yeah, auto-trimming too, lol) or not. Just curious.

The only other "auto" I've grown was supposed to be LR1, but it didn't autoflower, and grew way bigger than any LR1 I've seen pics of, so not sure how much LR1 genes it had.

LR2 is pretty decent smoke, but the only real advantage to autos is their small size if you need stealth, and that light leaks don't affect them very much.

Otherwise, you're using more energy to grow smaller plants, where you could just do 12/12 from seed with regular strains and get most of the benefits without using as much energy.

The autos I'm curious about are the newer larger ones, and the diesel crosses.

I have fun growing them, that's mostly why I do it. There's few circumstances where I think they're a better choice than photo-period plants.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom