Romulan

Bruce Wheelman

Legal Advisor
420 Staff
Strain Name: Romulan

When: March 2010

Grade: A

Type: Indica

Price: $50/8th, $95/qtr., $190/half, $360/oz.

Looks: Light green, dense, frosty buds.

Smell: Funky smell - kind of like the fresh fruit sitting out at room temp (like the produce section at the grocery store).

Taste: The smoke is spicy but smooth.

Buzz Type: A strong head and body buzz that hits me hard square in the head.

Buzz Length: Long – lasted a good 2+ hours.

Best Medicinal Use: Relaxing the body and easing pain

Overall: The buzz hit fairly concentrated in one area of my head, causing that weird feeling you get when you take you hat off after wearing it all day - like it’s still there. Produced a VERY strong, medicating buzz, that had me really struggling to focus on tasks at hand - especially those requiring memory. Definitely a smoke for when you have nothing else to do for a while.

Romulan2-11.jpg

Romulan2-21.jpg

Romulan2-31.jpg

Romulan2-41.jpg

I just jarred about 3oz of Rom to cure. About 4 weeks into bloom, I woke up to a stench coming from the bud room..it was Romulan, reeking of rotten fruit. It was so bad at one point I wasn't sure I'd be able to smoke it.Lucky for me, the super strong odor dissipates in a week or so.

When: May 2010

Grade: A

Very similar in taste and overall buzz to the last batch from the same collective.

Rom3_11.jpg

Rom3_21.jpg

Rom3_31.jpg

I've had my Rom drying for 6 going on 7 days now and it is just dry enough IMHO to smoke. The stems snap on all the buds I have smoked so far and tested in a clean pipe, a joint (burned smoothly with no running, a bit harsh for the lack of curing), and also a water pipe. When growing the smell of the Romulan was quite intense. Some say it has a smell of rotting fruit, mine had that smell as well as a smell I can only describe as seeming like a Cheese type smell. I grew lemon diesel, and also some of the hash plant crossed with orange bud and those seem to have a more citrus profile to me. The smell and flavor are somewhat unique. Romulan is a great producer for indoor. Only problem was I detected a small bit of bud rot on my biggest, best cola (usually the way it goes) despite the use of ventilation exhaust fans and dehumidifiers I still caught a small bit of bud rot which is unusual. I have grown many strain and this is the first one I had a problem with from a bud rot indoors. I think this mainly had to do with the colas getting very large and dense, and the fact that we have almost nonstop rain in the Northwest. Sometimes I am pulling 2 gallons out of my dehumidifier every 24 hours to give you an idea of the humidity problem here. The crystal production while the plant is growing is impressive. Some of the THC crystals are so well formed and large it looks like the plant is glittering with small specs of sugar. Even the lower buds are white, dense and potent. Some buds are topped with a "nipple" of calyxes and white hairs. All around a great strain. As for the smoke. It is a hybrid so it retains qualities of both Indica and Sativa but having smoked many many sativas as well as Indicas this one seems to have a heavier Sativa influence, at least to me, than a lot of hybrids. The white hairs turn a golden orange during drying and I can imagine the smoothness of the Romulan will be something once it has had a chance to cure for 2 weeks @ least. One of the whitest and stinkiest strains I have grown, great yields, get's you medicated. What else could you ask for?

When: March 2011

Grade: A-

Price: $95/quarter oz

Looks: Nice trich covered buds in medium to dark green color with orange-red hairs

Smell: Funky — like rotting fruit or a strong/exotic cheese

Taste: Funky — reminded me of the Cheese strain I reviewed

Buzz Type: Indica head and body stone

Buzz Length: 2+ hours

Best Medicinal Use: Pain and Appetite Enhancement

Overall: This batch of Romulan really had that rotten fruit smell this strain is known by. It also had a serious creeping indica buzz that started with the muscle relaxation of my head/eyes and then my body noticeably sunk as the indica based stone deepened. Within a half hour of taking 4 bong rips, I was completely buzzed — with all shoulder and keen pain eased and a strong spacey buzz in my head.

Romulan_RVC_3-2011-2.jpg

Romulan_RVC_3-2011-10.jpg

Romulan_RVC_3-2011-11.jpg

Romulan_RVC_3-2011-12.jpg

Romulan_RVC_3-2011-13.jpg

Romulan_RVC_3-2011-14.jpg

Sweet pine ooohweee! I remember that old BC taste.

Back
Top Bottom