Bruce Wheelman

Legal Advisor
420 Staff
Strain Name: The Church

When: Jan 2011

Grade: A++

Type: Indica

Price: $95/quarter oz

Looks: Medium green dense nugs with burnt orange hairs. Nice frost coating as well.

Smell: Strong Cannabis/kush smell.

Taste: A light and sweet smoke that didn’t expand and had a bit of a fruity/berry taste.

Buzz Type: Very strong body high.

Buzz Length: LONG – I was buzzed for about 2-3 hours.

Best Medicinal Use: Muscle tension (back/traps), joint pain (shoulder/knees), and insomnia.

Overall: River Valley Collective actually warned me about this strain – stating it was ridiculously strong (all 3 bud tenders and the owner/master grower said the same thing). As an experienced toker, I figured it couldn’t be that bad…and was shocked to see I was wrong. The Church provided a body numbing buzz that hit me square in the face after 1 hit, and rid me of all aches/pains almost immediately. A couple more hits intensified the buzz, leaving me spacy and uncoordinated. I was rather “keyed up” mentally and physically sore from sparring when I smoke this, and it immediately relaxed me and provided a great night of rest. The Church was darn near a religious experience :)

Church_1a.jpg

Church_2a.jpg

Church_5.jpg

Church_3a.jpg

Re: The Chruch

I read the genetics was Swiss sativa, skunk, super skunk, northern lights and that is had a long lasting cerebral high w/ social effect . I was thinking about picking up some a Green House but after reading your review I am not sure it seems like too much body high.
Looking for something cerebral on the creative side more sativa 70-80% w/ a little buzz but no couch lock. Maybe you have a suggestion .

I have only used CFLs and probably will just stick there...maybe experiment w/ LEDs. I have a lot of projects going now besides the garden and should simplify my ways but for now I am here, in the garden.

I want to try this one for pain management specially since i have degenerative disc disease in my neck and lower back. Even more so after i have had multiple surgeries with rods in my neck and back.

Could someone recommend some smoke in a PM that is good for severe pain, muscle tension, muscle spasms.:tokin:

Consider a strong indica for the pain relief...for back and neck pain, I've found Grand Daddy Purple to be a favorite, followed by some of the other purple strains (grape wreck, purple erkle, etc).

:peace:

When I had some locally grown Church, it was really good. A definite favorite!
When I talked to OMM, he said it is a pretty stable strain, and pretty cheap seeds!

It has a nice fluffy looking small little nuggets with lots of brown / orange hair and nice trichomes. Tastes like sweet skunky hashy herbs and smells like sweet berries.

It has a nice fluffy looking small little nuggets with lots of brown / orange hair and nice trichomes. Tastes like sweet skunky hashy herbs and smells like sweet berries.

The reviews you post in peoples threads seemed... Vaguely familiar. They often seem to match up with ones on other sites... Do you try these or just look them up?

Just wondering.

That's great to know - I have read in a few different places that Church is the East coast name and Elvis is the west coast name (might have gotten that backwards) - If that is the case then this is what I am growing right now - you can check out our progress in the grow journals - unfortunately i let my journal fall by the way side and the grow is in the ABANDONED journals - but trust me - we are going strong - this is our first grow EVER - so any advice would be greatly appreciated or just pull up a chair and watch my garden grow - thanks!

Oh yeah the grow is titled "Autie grow Elvis"

Nice, this is one of the strains I want to grow this year. I love Green House seeds, they got good germination rates. My last grow was their Cheese and it was easy to grow, yielded great and a nice smoke.

I read the genetics was Swiss sativa, skunk, super skunk, northern lights and that is had a long lasting cerebral high w/ social effect . I was thinking about picking up some a Green House but after reading your review I am not sure it seems like too much body high.
Looking for something cerebral on the creative side more sativa 70-80% w/ a little buzz but no couch lock. Maybe you have a suggestion .

There's a strain called Hula Buddha. Here's the description:

Buddha's Sister x Pineapple Thai
80% Sativa 20% Indica
Will mature after 10 Weeks
With a strong Sativa dominance, this strain is one of the biggest in the garden. Huge sweet flowers give you a creative up beat experience that is great for the morning. Mold Resistant.

I posted a review of the "Grape Ape I just purchased, and rather than being an indica, as most have experienced, this was at most a hybrid, with easily over 70% sativa, judging by effects. Cerebral and creative....2 come to mind, but one may be too strong, and very hard to find in the states. The first, you should find no problem, Super Silver Haze. For me, as a painter, it is near perfection, in that I dont dwell, I paint with focus, creativity, and fun. The other Ive only encountered in Amsterdam. It is called Pure Equatorial Sativa. It looks as if it came from another planet. No organized buds per se, but more like a loose cluster of calyxes on needle thin stems, like a bunch of little green grapes. Smokersguide has a review on it, with a somewhat representative pic. It is sativa all the way, no couch lock
plenty of motivation, but, considering my meds make me an ultra heavyweight, YMMV. It may be way too strong in the anxiety department, but I do not know how much u smoke, what you prefer, do you pull whiteys often, or at all? If you have had anxiety or paranoia on weed, Id steer clear of the Equatorial Sativa...I only wish Id sent more home while there :(

Back
Top Bottom