Super Skunk

Strain Name - Super Skunk
From - direct from Nirvana
When - 2/1/11
Type - Indica, Sativa, (afg x mex x col)
media/nutes - soil, CRF's
light - 600w HPS
Appearance - average green weed
Smell - hmmmm let me see,,,,, NONE
Taste - not much at all
Type of Buzz - Is it a little cerebral and spacey
Length of Buzz - 1 - 2 hours
Best Medicinal Use - na
Overall -The Super Skunk isn't so super. No smell at all, WTF. I sure hope some curing will bring out some taste and smell, and more of a stone buzz. The high is uppy, maybe a C. Not at all like the Nirvana description. (One of the first to match the potency of powerful import hashish available in coffeeshops, this F1 marijuana hybrid is well-known for its strong flavour and powerful buzz.)
My plants were very very healthy and should have turned out better IMHO

Young plant
Super_Skunk_23_days.jpg

Mature
Super_Skunk_13_wks_R.jpg

Bud
Super_Skunk9.jpg

My Super Skunk #1 from Nirvana started 2 yrs ago stinks up the place & is distinctive in odor. I'm still growing her today. Though upon many growths I noticed some trait changes in appearance? I can still smell her anywhere in the garden!

Metro,

Not sure why mine have no smell. Or why the disappointing outcome of quality I was expecting. If you have seen my journal you can see the plants were very healthy. Went with soil this time to bring out the taste of the strains, but only the White Widow stands out for smell, taste and high.

Was the quality of the high of your grow as you expected from Nirvana's description?

My partner and I each picked a strain. He was dying for some real good super SKUNK. So we chose what else but SUPER SKUNK.
I wanted something real relaxing. And according to Nirvana that's Papaya.

Big disappointment with both. Don't get me wrong, they are good, but not the great strains we had anticipated.

F1 hybrids can be a bit of a crap-shoot. Sucks that you didn't come across any standouts, though. How many seeds of each strain did you grow out?

For the most part Super Skunk is a terrible strain. Yes it get's big and maybe 1 out of 100 plants come out good but it is garbage compared to the elite strains people have come to expect with rock hard nugs of pure dank. I got rid of all my crappy strains and now I grow only proven winners such as GDP, Purple Urkle, Lemon Diesel, Tahoe OG, Cataract Kush, LA Con. X EXODUS Cheese, Chem Dawg and stuff like that. If you want a strain that will produce HUGE buds that are super dense and are of really good quality try growing World of Seeds Afghan Kush fems. The yields for that Kush were out of this world and the plant responded very well to being SCRoG. Take it from me. Some buds were so large I had to hold them up with strings. Forget Super Skunk. That strains for the birds. Try World of Seeds, or Reserva Privada, or DNA Genetics or World of Seeds.

TY for the advice Growing 427.

Unfortunately I have 4 more Super Skunk and 4 Papaya that I purchased. I guess I might have to give them to some rookie, or maybe make a trade.

And I have 1 Vanilla Kush (Barneys) left of the 5 purchased, which is good, yet still disappointing. 3 no sprouts and a weak start to the 4th that finally sprouted. Screwed up the last grows timing.

Also I have the Attitude freebies left; one each, Blueberry and Orange Bud (Dutch Passion) which will most likely be the next grow. Also from DP, Skunk#11 and Mekong High. And Aphrodite (Kannabia). Not sure when I'll get to them.

I will seriously consider the World of Seeds Afghan. It was considered before I bought the Vanilla Kush.

Well I have not tried the smoke yet from my super skunk that are in mabey week 5 or 6 but the buds are dense hard and sooo sticky...almost completly cream white with hairs still. Many many more hairs then I am used to seeing. Mabey if I catch it before l;ights on in the morning I can get a good pick of her. It looks like its gonna be dank as hell but no really really strong skunk smell yet.

Cona

I havent grown papeya either. I have Ice powerplant ak48. ak and powerplant are great.

247 may be right & maybe your in the same club as i 1 out of 100
To all how reads this. I'd like a poll on this. Your answers!

Be patient with your S.Skunk. Sticky is GOOD! Bump her she'll let you know! The smell is distinguishable! I don't no about the other strains, though I've heard good things. What matters is Seeds+ Environment + Grow style + Grower / Harvester "trimming" before or after drying ++ the cure ='s a very very nice product which in the end -w- someone whom appreciates all that the end product provides says Yes, Nice.
Just their reaction is enough to make you keep the Pride & Quality/improve if so? THATS YOUR + most don't want to grow, it's a lot of hard work, time & $$$$$$. When you start having a problems, you gain knowledge When you have an catastrophe happen " it will nudge you ". A major 1 will happen to. If you hang in that long. Those will happen ! you
O F-ing betcha!
Hey we aren't done yet!

BUT then when you just have a colossal, All Out Mother Fucker happen. Yor not even close yet & you have done everything in your own power to care FOR THOSE GIRLS

The Evil Devil Side of Mother Nature embarks!! With Teeth & Eyes you have never seen before.
Bet your thinking problem? M catastrophic!!
Comes in & does something that you couldn’t ever imagine, expect in a lifetime/ A nightmare from hell has emerged that Evil Thing just wipes you out to exhaustion, Like You being F'd bye your best girl or freind. Nah that’s not even close Exp. Better one

"Just Think of the Worst Torture" Most SlowMoe but really real & watching the most hurtful Sin! Though it is real & Happening to U everything everyday you see & try, though F.U. the Evil is here naughing at your soul ready to devourer your being, Oh God Let It End. Hey Still here one last thing on that.

Answer Me This
To: 1) Would you do it again? Yes or NO only please.

2) In 1 sentence why?

3) If the 1st answer was yes!! I’ll give you a paragraph you tell me why.

Just finished trying some TGA Jilly Bean. Very nice smoke ! Yes! I have her growing.

..Also from DP, Skunk#11...

At first I thought the bold portion was a typo (thought you might have meant #1), but looked it up to make sure...:)
I have never had the pleasure of smoking #11 (Didn't even know it existed)!

When I looked up #11, it was tested at what some people may refer to as "low THC"... As it is in the range of 8% on testing. But honestly that means very little, IMO... I've heard that Kona Gold ( one of the hard to find island buds) is supposed to clock in more at around 10-13%... And most people I know would choose that over nearly anything! Just another example that cannabis is more than THC! Then again, I heard that the testing isn't terribly accurate.. So who knows! A lot of people like Durban Poison, and it tests around 8% also if I remember correctly.
Oops! Getting :eek:fftopic:
Back to discussing your SS (super skunk)!
It's a shame the product of SS wasn't as good as you we're hoping:sorry:. Let us know if more curing makes it more enjoyable! :popcorn:
If you can't get rid of the beans by means of trade, you can always use those plants for hash making! :)

It's great that you are a grower posting here! I get to ask questions that I usually can't!
Here it is, how do you determine when to harvest? Do you use the "looking at the hairs" idea, or do you inspect the trichome development? Like whatever % amber, blah blah blah...

Thanks! Great looking pictures friend!:high-five:

I always look for trichrome color...but you can also tell just by how ripe your bud looks. If the plant looks spent and the buds have pretty much quit makeing lots of new pistols and the calaxes have all swelled up and the plant just looks like it has been through the wringer of sexual frustration.....then let her go another 4 or 5 days and she will be done....does anyone else agree with that?

Thanks for stopping by guys.

Metro; would I do it again? Yes to growing, no to Super Skunk. Unless the clones I gave my friend turn out better than mine. Then I know it was me and not the seeds.

THsea; the buds have been curing for over 6 weeks and not much improvement. The pot is good, just not as good as we had anticipated.

It does go good with others in blended joints.
The other day I rolled a Northern Light x Super Skunk x White widow joint. Me and 2 friends got ripped on that one, just 2 hits.

As for knowing when a plant is ready. I keep looking with a magnifyer, but they never seem to get to the point that we want like 40-50% amber. The last two grows they got maybe 10-20% at the most and that's it.

Re: Super Skunk update

I gave clones of the SS to a friend of mine and he gave me clones back of that plant which I then gave to another friend.
I haven't sampled the first friends yet, but I got a nice bud from the second friend, 2nd gen clone.
He grew outside in a pot, gave it very little care or attention and some MG nutes when he did take care of it... and it was killer.
Surprised the heck out of me and leveled my gf. She said it's to strong for her.
Not much smell and little taste, but it was very fresh.

Bizarre isn't it? I have had potency vary along with smell and other features, seeming to be connected to how much epsom salts I used during flower. I am sticking with 2 teaspoons per gallon every time I water now. I have a friend that use a tablespoon per gallon. I also like to use seaweed extract but don't know if this is a plus or minus.

I gave clones of the SS to a friend of mine and he gave me clones back of that plant which I then gave to another friend.
I haven't sampled the first friends yet, but I got a nice bud from the second friend, 2nd gen clone.
He grew outside in a pot, gave it very little care or attention and some MG nutes when he did take care of it... and it was killer.
Surprised the heck out of me and leveled my gf. She said it's to strong for her.
Not much smell and little taste, but it was very fresh.

Something that amazed me back in the day (late 80's) was the astounding difference in potency between indoor-grown and outdoor-grown esp. in sativas and sativa hybrids. Like easily 2x difference. Indicas were less different but still noticeably different. Same strains (sometimes clones), all were healthy and grown in the midwest. I don't hear much about that these days. May be less of an issue with more modern, tuned in systems... but somehow I doubt it.

Chow.

N

:Namaste:

I know this strain has potential, I've had four different phenos of this and from two separate growers both calling it superskunk #9 rather than just superskunk can anyone shed light on this. I know that both these types tasted better than cheese chemdawg spacedog it literally blew me away and I've been seeking it ever sense.

This is disturbing news man, Im growing a SS monster right now. She smells AMAZING, like a fruity girls drink, and her many colas are HUGE, prob 2 Zs easy per cola once she dries out. Im 4 days from harvest right now. How did you dry and cure yours? Mine smells like shes gonna be off the hook.

hung to dry for a few days then into tins for about a week then into jars. my journal link to the grow is below.

not really much of a smell.

I want to try the Super Skunk and Papaya again now that I have a little more experience.

good luck with yours

Back
Top Bottom