Grand Daddy Purp pricing from west to east coast

420 Warrior

In my openion, gdp has one of the longest lasting body and head stones I've ever felt, it just seems to last and last. A small hit every hour or so seems to be more than enough and is perfect for those on a tight budget because of the little amount it takes to do the trick.

The taste and smell is like no other I've ever smoked and reminds me of grape sweet tarts which is also true for the smell which is extreamly loud but very pleasent

I can see how this would be great for the criticly ill as well as for appitite induction.

Insomnia patients could deffinatly benefit from it as it will have you feeling sleepy very quickly after partaking.

The only drawback I've found with gdp, is that it makes me a little moody or irritable but not out of controll and not every time I smoke it either, just sometimes.

Off the topic; What seems to be the going rate for GDP in the legal dispenceries?

We're probably getting hosed on the east coast.

I just wanted to know purely for personal comparison purposes, mainly becaused my friends and myself wanted to know how bad we are being hosed and have no other way of finding out this info where I live :thanks:

It varies out here too. The biggest problem is that well over 50% of what is being sold as GDP in the US isn't actually GDP! There are a lot of similar purple strains that can be passed off as GDP to folks that don't know how to tell the difference.

For one thing, the genuine GDP strain is clone only, so that complicates obtaining the real thing right off the bat, especially for folks back east cause GDP originated in Northern California and most of it is grown here still. Even though I live relatively close to Humbolt county, it took me over a year to secure the three genuine Ken Estes GDP clones that I started out with. (Ken Estes is the guy who created GDP)

The easiest way to tell the difference between real GDP and the purple immitators is the smell of the bud. No other purple strain smells like the real GDP. Problem is... If you have never had the real thing, you wouldn't know what it smells like! ;) Once you smell that unique GDP aroma though, you will never forget it, and then you can spot a phoney with just your nose! ;)

For kicks a few months ago, I stopped by a few collectives in a major central California city, and none of the GDP being sold at the three shops I checked out was the real article. They were charging the same high price you would pay for GDP, but it wasn't genuine.

Here are some photos I took of the real thing recently.

Recently harvested and trimmed GDP ready for hanging:

p1012167b1.jpg

A dried and cured bud from a previous harvest:

P1011728.JPG

P1011729.JPG

No fancy lighting or LEDs used for photos here. This is what this stuff looks like in person!

I will be posting a full review of my genuine GDP bud in this section real soon!

GG7 is right about being able to tell it by smell... But I kind of feel its true of most really distinct strains.

Anyway... When I would get GDP in Hawaii it was like 70 an eigth or something. Its the only connection I knew had all legitimate stuff. Expensive as hell, but everything here is. Street prices for commercial bud is like 60 an eigth... So the quality difference more than made up for paying ten bucks over.

$120 per 7gms here in GA...I had a feeling the mark up was terrible.

I do think it's the real thing though because every batch I've had has a distinct smell and taste of grapes.

What we're getting here is coming straight from Cali so if it's a knock off of real GDP, it's still worth the extra dough because it has some serious one hit knock down power.

Thanks for the feedback guys and to my friends in CA, keep up the great work, y'all really know how to produce the kill bill med's! :adore::circle-of-love::thumb::morenutes::welldone::bravo::thanks::thanks:

Love GDP; one of my most fav's...
I think that very little of the killer, 1-2 hit wonder meds. ever leaves the state. California (not Cali) has many patients the demand and premiums paid for high-grade medicine makes it sell quickly. Even mid-grade med. is pretty GD good!

Love GDP; one of my most fav's...
I think that very little of the killer, 1-2 hit wonder meds. ever leaves the state. California (not Cali) has many patients the demand and premiums paid for high-grade medicine makes it sell quickly. Even mid-grade med. is pretty GD good!

Don't kid yourself, we are getting a lot of the same high grade mj that you guys grow in CA, here in the SE.

Remember a little thing called money? Well, if their is enough of it, you can buy ANYTHING in the world you want.

I have made street buys of; Blue cheese, green crack, blackberry Kush, OG Kush, GDP (of course),candy jack, coaster OG, white widow, sour diesel, NYC diesel, AK47, blueberry, pineapple express, northern lights, strawberry cough,Kali mist, train wreck, Jack Herer even G13 once and that's just the ones that I can remember and that's here in Georgia.

I personally know who's getting it and how it's being shipped so...

We are certainly getting the dank meds here my friend and if you think only California has a monopoly on reefer your very naive.

I even had a friend UPS me a box full of 5 different meds one time and when it was delivered to my door, you could smell the hell out of it because he just threw a bunch of zip lock baggies full in the box and shipped it...it wasn't even sealed in any kind of container, just baggies!

These meds were; GDP, candy Jack, Coaster OG, Northern lights and bud shake from a dispensary in CA

So...it seems pretty easy to get it here huh? It is! Believe me!

Picture_of_me_2.png

My latest Q oz. of GDP

Don't kid yourself, we are getting a lot of the same high grade mj that you guys grow in CA, here in the SE.

Remember a little thing called money? Well, if their is enough of it, you can buy ANYTHING in the world you want.

I have made street buys of; Blue cheese, green crack, blackberry Kush, OG Kush, GDP (of course),candy jack, coaster OG, white widow, sour diesel, NYC diesel, AK47, blueberry, pineapple express, northern lights, strawberry cough,Kali mist, train wreck, Jack Herer even G13 once and that's just the ones that I can remember and that's here in Georgia.

I personally know who's getting it and how it's being shipped so...

We are certainly getting the dank meds here my friend and if you think only California has a monopoly on reefer your very naive.

I even had a friend UPS me a box full of 5 different meds one time and when it was delivered to my door, you could smell the hell out of it because he just threw a bunch of zip lock baggies full in the box and shipped it...it wasn't even sealed in any kind of container, just baggies!

These meds were; GDP, candy Jack, Coaster OG, Northern lights and bud shake from a dispensary in CA

So...it seems pretty easy to get it here huh? It is! Believe me!

Picture_of_me_2.png

My latest Q oz. of GDP

I apologize that I guess I didn't express what I was trying to say, correctly. I never meant that good grade meds don't ever leave California, what I was trying to say is that the primo, top of the top, never leaves. Kinda' like a vintner will sign and keep (for limited distribution) his best wine for those "special" clients. Even the dispensaries get what the grower doesn't keep for self, family, friends etc. The 1-2 hit wonder meds are hard to come by. They also bring quite the premium. Anyone who has them doesn't want to part with it. Sorry for the confusion I started.
Also, how do you know that what you are being told is a certain strain? Do you get it analyzed? The only way to prove the strain is to either trust your source (not real proof), or get it genetically analyzed... Anyone can easily fabricate (adulterate) just about any indicators people look for (I would never do this) like sticky (7-up) Grape, Mango, Orange, etc. (additives during certain flowering stages) and a whole host of things people could do to change the texture, look, smell, etc. BUT no one can make nugs better than they are...

I really don't get all this? My pot is better than your pot, my state keeps the best pot for us, yada, yada. What's the frickin point?

I am getting some Da Purps clones in a few weeks. I just ordered the from a local dispensary. Strains
At least they do some analasys of them and tells you of liniage. $20 ea for 3 week old clones at at all bad I guess. At least I wil have them and can do with what I want.

Also, how do you know that what you are being told is a certain strain? Do you get it analyzed? The only way to prove the strain is to either trust your source (not real proof), or get it genetically analyzed... Anyone can easily fabricate (adulterate) just about any indicators people look for (I would never do this) like sticky (7-up) Grape, Mango, Orange, etc. (additives during certain flowering stages) and a whole host of things people could do to change the texture, look, smell, etc. BUT no one can make nugs better than they are...

Simple...I read strain reviews and if what I read, matches my buzz, smell and taste, I tend to believe it's the truth.

I know there are strains that I can't get here because of what you mentioned about breeders...I know this...but all I'm saying is that 1 hit weed does make it here, end of discussion.

I will leave you with one more fact though, I've had breeders send me experimental beans that never made it to market, that I've ever seen at least and they were the bomb!...ever hear of critically smashed? I have yet to see it on any bean site.

Georgians grow weed too my friend :thumb:

I'm done with this one...ain't worth arguing over when their are much, MUCH bigger fish to fry in this country like... LEGALIZATION!!!

It varies out here too. The biggest problem is that well over 50% of what is being sold as GDP in the US isn't actually GDP! There are a lot of similar purple strains that can be passed off as GDP to folks that don't know how to tell the difference.

For one thing, the genuine GDP strain is clone only, so that complicates obtaining the real thing right off the bat, especially for folks back east cause GDP originated in Northern California and most of it is grown here still. Even though I live relatively close to Humbolt county, it took me over a year to secure the three genuine Ken Estes GDP clones that I started out with. (Ken Estes is the guy who created GDP)

The easiest way to tell the difference between real GDP and the purple immitators is the smell of the bud. No other purple strain smells like the real GDP. Problem is... If you have never had the real thing, you wouldn't know what it smells like! ;) Once you smell that unique GDP aroma though, you will never forget it, and then you can spot a phoney with just your nose! ;)

For kicks a few months ago, I stopped by a few collectives in a major central California city, and none of the GDP being sold at the three shops I checked out was the real article. They were charging the same high price you would pay for GDP, but it wasn't genuine.

Here are some photos I took of the real thing recently.

Recently harvested and trimmed GDP ready for hanging:

p1012167b1.jpg

A dried and cured bud from a previous harvest:

P1011728.JPG

P1011729.JPG

No fancy lighting or LEDs used for photos here. This is what this stuff looks like in person!

I will be posting a full review of my genuine GDP bud in this section real soon!

Connoisseur Genetics - Grandaddy Purple S1 Feminized on seedmadness, wondering if this is legit or bullshit?

Connoisseur Genetics - Grandaddy Purple S1 Feminized on seedmadness, wondering if this is legit or bullshit?

Hmmm, IDK? I would think it could be reproduced if you trace it back to it's lineage and bread it just right, I guess it could be possible to breed for seed...right?

I guess y'all answered my original question of pricing and it seems to vary but pretty much the same price I pay in most places so I guess I'm not getting ripped...thank's guys :thanks:

yep, $20 a gram, $60 for 3.5 grams $120 a quarter $450 an oz. here so I guess were pretty much getting close to the same deal..cool! I guess that answers my Q of, are we were being ripped in GA or not? thank's my friends...good lookin out for a brotha :thanks:

I guess now I need another 420 scope to check the quality and see if it's collective quality or is it just rejected meds being sold here because they just needed to unload it for the money...hmm...IDK?

:morenutes: Don't buy it. Grow it. Original Ken's GDP seeds are now available in California. I don't know if it's permissible to post links here so if anyone needs a link, you are welcome to PM me.

Back
Top Bottom