Blueberry Kush Strain Review
420 Mag Plant of the Month for September 2011

Strain Name - Blueberry Kush (BBK) - Clone Only
Source - NorCal - Holistic Health Products Collective
When - Purchased 5/16/11 - Harvested 8/27/11 - Sampled 10/12/11
Price - $12.00 per 3" clone
Type - Pure Indica
Genetics - Blueberry/Afghan Kush Hybrid
Appearance - Large dense multi-colored buds with thick, frosty, sparkling trichome coverage
Smell - Earthy Lavender aroma with a slight hint of Blueberry
Taste - Blueberry Kush is most widely known for the unique flavor of its smoke that starts off with the familiar distinctive Kush overtone blended with a signature Skunk taste that then tapers off into a wonderful and lingering earthy blueberry aftertaste. Apparently, it’s the pothead’s version of the “tutti-frutti.”
Type of High - Reputed to be a good medical strain, Blueberry Kush joins the ranks of many others as another excellent high quality Kush hybrid. Apart from the distinctive aroma and flavor described above, Blueberry Kush is also famous for its long and extremely enjoyable high. It produces an incredibly relaxing experience of a lengthy “body high” that is excellent for pain management or just winding down from a stressful day.

Photos

P1011403.jpg

P1011438.JPG

BBK trichomes under 80x microscope two weeks before harvest

BBK1D1.JPG

Dried and Cured

P10117381.JPG

The dried yield from this single 35" tall plant was just under 5 ounces of large dense bud

p1011736.JPG
p10117411.JPG
p1011735.JPG

Conclusion:

5 STARS!

If you are looking for a hearty Indica strain that grows well and produces incredibly large yields for the size of the plant, you need look no further than BBK! It ranks right up there with GDP and other 5-Star Indica strains for its very rewarding return on your investment of both time and its low maintenance requirements during its entire life cycle. A pure pleasure to grow and to partake in!

The final satisfaction comes from the very effective body high (couch lock) that is free of any of the wirey side effects often found in "wannabe" Kush varieties! In a vaporizer, the first few fresh drags are cool on the throat much like menthol, but with a pleasant earthy freshness. The effects come on almost immediately and brings on a "wave" of relaxing pleasure!

If you ever have the option to pick up a genuine BBK clone, I urge you to do so! You won't be disappointed!

Stay tuned for other strain reviews coming soon from my 2011 summer outdoor grows! :thanks:

Awesome looking plant thnx for the review def gonna be on the look out for this one

Thanks man! Glad you enjoyed the review! :cheer:

This was my first experience with this strain. In fact, when I saw these clones for sale at our local shop, I was actually looking for a pure Blueberry strain, but this was all they had so I reluctantly took two anyway not knowing what to expect.

Within the first few weeks after transplanting both clones into 5 gallon pots filled with Cocoblend medium, they really started to impress me. Not only for their robust bushy stature, but for how healthy they were through the entire veg cycle, requiring very little in the way of nutes or additives.

Flowering was equally easy to manage, and even though one of the two did have a few soil issues towards the end, it didn't effect the ultimate yield which was nearly a pound between the two of them.

I forgot to mention in the review how easy this strain is to clone too! I had a 100% success rate during two separate cloning sessions including the growing tip from the plant featured in this review. That clone is now 28" tall and almost ready to be harvested.

Here it is in a photo taken a few weeks ago

p1011885.JPG

Late last week

P1012126.JPG

This is another clone that I am overwintering to provide cuttings for next season

P1012055.JPG
P1012056.JPG

As you can see... A VERY healthy and strong growing strain if ever there was one! The fact that it is a kick ass smoke in terms of potency just caps BBK off as an awesome strain to grow both indoors or out! :thumb:

Seeing all the lovely clones and seeds that you cats can get out in states with dispensary systems makes me so jealous!.. Oh, I mean Geese, not cats :)

Happy to see another review by you GG7! I'm back from my mini-vacation in the clouds! Gotta start making the rounds with all my favorite growers... Soon I'll be joining your ranks friend :)

ps, come on man! With a nice mico camera like THAT, your going to forget dry shots?!
Just kidding! But I would really love to see it if you don't mind! Pretty please!

Seeing all the lovely clones and seeds that you cats can get out in states with dispensary systems makes me so jealous!.. Oh, I mean Geese, not cats :)

Happy to see another review by you GG7! I'm back from my mini-vacation in the clouds! Gotta start making the rounds with all my favorite growers... Soon I'll be joining your ranks friend :)

ps, come on man! With a nice mico camera like THAT, your going to forget dry shots?!
Just kidding! But I would really love to see it if you don't mind! Pretty please!

Hey THSea! Welcome back! :welcome:

I didn't mean to bum you out with all my awesome plant photos! LOL! :laughtwo:

Seriously.... Hope you had a nice vacation back there with Old Med Man? He didn't work ya too hard did he with all those Air Pots and stuff? :laughtwo:

I'm afraid you have me at a disadvantage regarding your request for "Dry Shots" ??? Do you mean you want to see more of the dried bud shots? I do have a lot more than what I posted here. If you think folks would enjoy more, I would be happy to go fishing them out of my photo library.

That is my one real complaint with 420's forum software. Trying to locate specific photos with their search system when you have literally hundreds of images on here is a very time consuming process!

Get back to me on precisely what photos you want to see and I will definitely track them down and add them to the thread! :thumb:

Great to have ya back dude! :high-five::circle-of-love::Namaste:

Good Review, I like this strain but the body stone wares off fairly fast compared to other strains with blueberry in like Blue Dream.

Good Review, I like this strain but the body stone wares off fairly fast compared to other strains with blueberry in like Blue Dream.

Thanks Man!

Interesting... I've not found that to be the case with this BBK. The high lasts for several hours, and if you start to feel it wearing off, just one quick hit from a bong or vaporizer puts you right back into the zone!

Blue Dream has a lot more Sativa in it than this stuff does. Maybe it is the Sativa effects that you are missing with BBK?

Amazing review..amazing plants and amazing buds GOLDEN....as usual we can count on your everything to be amazing...are you hiring?...nice work amigo :riskybusiness:

Amazing review..amazing plants and amazing buds GOLDEN....as usual we can count on your everything to be amazing...are you hiring?...nice work amigo :riskybusiness:

Thanks Vince! :Namaste::thanks:

Glad you enjoyed the review!

I'm going to do another one on GDP in the next day or two so stay tuned! :)

Thanks GG! Actually, haven't seen the OMM in a while.. Been busy with my girl.. She just left on a plane for Japan! She was my vacation :) Definately ready to go back to work for the OMM with those airpots! :) I'm a little guy so packing all that dirt is a bit difficult! I heard you had NO trouble whatsoever! So I'm guessing the 7 stands for the strength of seven OMM's and THsea's! :high-five: I think he and I make about one fully functional healthy individual!

Sorry about being vague, I ment Microscope dry shots. I think the one you posted was of the wet/ live plant... If you do not mind! I :love: micro shots!

Not that you really need more photo's! I really like your reviews bro, I will definately be taking some pages from your book once I start growing and reviewing! :thumb:

Thanks GG! Actually, haven't seen the OMM in a while.. Been busy with my girl.. She just left on a plane for Japan! She was my vacation :) Definately ready to go back to work for the OMM with those airpots! :) I'm a little guy so packing all that dirt is a bit difficult! I heard you had NO trouble whatsoever! So I'm guessing the 7 stands for the strength of seven OMM's and THsea's! :high-five: I think he and I make about one fully functional healthy individual!

Sorry about being vague, I ment Microscope dry shots. I think the one you posted was of the wet/ live plant... If you do not mind! I :love: micro shots!

Not that you really need more photo's! I really like your reviews bro, I will definately be taking some pages from your book once I start growing and reviewing! :thumb:

Hey THSea!

Ah! Okay... I got confused as to what was your vacation and what was your normal routine! Glad you had some quality time with your girl! :thumb:

Regarding the dry shots of bud with the scope... I've never actually done that before. I guess if I used one of the smaller buds I could get it to fit under the objective lens of the microscope. It doesn't have a large amount of clearance between the slide stand and the lenses since you are normally looking at stuff on a thin slide.

But, I will check it out and see if I can get some shots. I figure that it will probably look similar to the live trichome shots. My scope starts at 80x with the USB camera optic in the eyepiece so you won't be seeing any recognizeable bud in the shots, it will be far too closeup for that. They will basically be as magnified as these live shots of some GDP I recently harvested and plan to review next:

GDP115.jpg
GDP114.jpg

Thanks Man!

Interesting... I've not found that to be the case with this BBK. The high lasts for several hours, and if you start to feel it wearing off, just one quick hit from a bong or vaporizer puts you right back into the zone!

Blue Dream has a lot more Sativa in it than this stuff does. Maybe it is the Sativa effects that you are missing with BBK?

Yeah, Blue Dream is a cross between Blueberry and Super Silver Haze. You are probably right that what i am missing is the Sativa effects. It is good for pain management, like with my spinal cord (Nerve Pain) in my neck. The Indica side helps with the body while the Sativa helps with the mental stress of being in pain.

Oh! Right! I forgot that yours is like a real microscope! Silly me. If you pull off a little piece that should fit under... Mine is a free hand device, which has its advantages and disadvantages... It certainly doesn't take pictures like yours does! Dang that is close up and clear!

I've been looking at flowers when wet and dry alot recently, there is a difference.. Not really important to look at, just fun :)

Can't wait to see more of your reviews bud!

Oh! Right! I forgot that yours is like a real microscope! Silly me. If you pull off a little piece that should fit under... Mine is a free hand device, which has its advantages and disadvantages... It certainly doesn't take pictures like yours does! Dang that is close up and clear!

I've been looking at flowers when wet and dry alot recently, there is a difference.. Not really important to look at, just fun :)

Can't wait to see more of your reviews bud!

I tried viewing a bud under the lab scope, and it isn't really possible. The trichomes don't really look any different to me anyway, so I am just going to stick to using small bud leaf samples placed on a slide instead.

I recently posted a strain review of my Grand Daddy Purple you might find interesting when you get a chance! :)

Since I grew all the strains I am reviewing, I am making these more like condensed grow journals, showing the plants from start to finish all the way up to final curing, sampling and review.

I gotta add that to my stable. It's a must.

Hey GT!

Most definitely!

My latest discovery is how wonderful this stuff is in my Volcano vaporizer! By far my favorite strain to use in that! Not so notable through the Vapor Brothers Box unit, but from the "BAG".... WOW!

Awesome floral bouquet and very smooth. And within about 15 seconds of taking a drag, you are IN THE ZONE!

In fact, I just harvested another batch of Mini BBKs tonight! LOL!

:thumb:

thats so fuckin sick how the purple was up in the trics themselves!!! never seen this before, i love me some bud pron ;)

Back
Top Bottom