Nirvana's PPP Grow: Strain Review

ilikebike

Ok well i purchased 5 feminized seeds from Nirvana Seed Bank in September 2011. 2/5 seeds germinated. Since then i have cloned the plant twice, harvested once, and coming up on my next harvest.

Nirvana's PPP

Overall: A

Grow Details
Medium: Lowes Potting Soil
Nutrients: 10-10-10 Shultz Liquid Plant Food
Containers: 3.5 gal pots (home made)
Vegged under (8) 25w CFL's
Flowered under 400w HPS

Plant Characteristics
The plant at a young age grows very bushy and compact with lots of nodes every where. Big jagged leaves. As it grows it starts to strech out a little bit and forms into a christmas tree type shape. when flowering the nugs formed very dense and heavy colas.

Smells fruity, with Cheese undertones, while growing, has almost a lemon smell to it. The smell is wonderful, unlike any other bud I've smelt, definitely worth the try.

Smoke Details

High is very sativa like. almost all head high, very thought provoking high. And doesnt weigh me down with a heavy body high its almost all head high. It almost gives me energy and makes me want to do stuff rather than just sit on the couch all day.

IMG_20111120_225557.jpg
1aass_011.jpg
1aass_012.jpg
IMG_20111225_134746.jpg
IMG_018818.JPG
IMG_018917.JPG
IMG_018716.JPG
IMG_018514.JPG
100_08832.JPG
100_08867.JPG
100_08855.JPG
100_08823.JPG

Closing Notes
Clones take about 10-16 days to clone

Responds to topping well, not sure if LST is a good choice for this plant because of its crazy node growth. This strain is very forgiving for the new grower.
Good for new growers to learn on, even better for pros to get massive yields from.

you can build up a tolerance fairly quick to this bud though.

My first harvest from seed, with little nutrients, in lowes soil under a 400w HPS yielded roughly 95 Grams from both plants

Ideal Grow Environment
plant does not mind high temps or low humidity.

Doing a scrog with 4 of the PPP plants right now i think scrog is the way to go with the strain never tried a SOG

I've grown Nirvana's PPP for several years, both indoor and outdoors. I was very pleased with both the quality and the quantity of this strain. Indoors, after flowering under 400 watt HPS I averages around 2 1/2 to 3 ounces per plant flowered at 18 to 22 inches. The stretch was aproximately 2 1/2 times so I ended up with 3 ft. to 4 ft. plants covered with bud sites. Outside I planted in 30 and 50 gal smart pots and averaged a little over a lb. per plant. Watch for mold, as this strain is only fair in mold resistance. A very forgiving strain that will take a lot of abuse and still produce well.

wow thats a nice harvest! what nutrients did you use indoor? man i didnt even get a Quarter Pound from 2 plants under 1-400w HPS. And they were damn tall when i flipped the lights to 12/12

I don't remember what nutes I used, I think it was botanicare. I also used Botanicare soil for that particular grow. They do stretch more than most. I do remember that I topped several times on each plant to bush them out. As noted the tolerance for the smoke is why I stopped growing it. It is a recomended 'commercial' strain due to the quantity of buds and ease of growing. I also found the high a little 'jaggad' or 'rough' for my tastes, if that makes any sence.

Ive also been growing this for 2 years. Huge producer for sure. I grow mine in supersoil 5 gallon pots and hit them with bloom teas in 3rd week. If you time your nutes just right you can really push these plants into monsters. I am averageing 4 ounces per plant vegging for 7 weeks and topping them for 4 main colas then supercropping some for longer side branches. I always have 2 of these under my flowering light along with other more quality strains. Its like the bread&butter for the patients. Makes excellent concentrates and edibles.

Nice looking plants btw. greenthumbs up !!!

Get your PH in balance and those girls will be much more healthy, yeild more and reach more potential. Looked to me like they where not able to uptake nute's correctly, this is the only reason I offer this advice. Other than that your dried results looked nice.

Get your PH in balance and those girls will be much more healthy, yeild more and reach more potential. Looked to me like they where not able to uptake nute's correctly, this is the only reason I offer this advice. Other than that your dried results looked nice.

yo thanks for the advice man. Yeah this was my first real grow and i really didnt ever have the plants on a real feeding schedule, i even used lowes brand soil with time released nutrients in it, so obviously wasnt the best soil to start with. I was very impressed what i was able to do for my first real grow.

I have since had a few other small grows under my belt, did a scrog with the 4 clones i took from these plants and yielded a few oz under a pound under 2 400w hps.

swing by my new blue cheese journal if u get a min thanks

Hey there ILIKEBIKE:

Cool you have completed your first grow. Let the addiction to growing begin...its a sickness...trust me. Now that I grow I HAVE to grow!

Anyway...heres a little friendly advice that will help you out with any PH issues in your soil. Heres what you do ok.....go down to the local garden center or nursery and pick up a bag of pelleted dolomite lime. Now dump your new bag of Happyfrog into a wheelbarrow or other mixing container...I use a plastic kiddy pool to mix my soil in. Now add 20% large chunk Perlight. Then add approximatly 1/4 cup of the dolomite lime pellets to the mound of soil. Ok now mix the shit up really good then store in a plastic Rubbermaid container or use today. By adding the dolomite lime to the soil it will do 3 things for your plants. It will add Calcium and Magnesium for your plants and even better yet it will buffer your soils PH and help keep it near 6.5 thought your grow. Now you will still need to adjust your water or nutrients solution to between 6.1 and 6.5 but should you accidentally water with super low ph water the dolomite will help maintain the correct soils PH.

Now for a really easy to get consistant great grows go and make up your own ammended soil and add that to the bottom of your pot when transplanting into the flowering pots. Just google Subcools supersoil and theres lots of info on this great recipe and method.

Hope this helps you out..

Happy growing and keep a cutting of that PPP....its has potential to make HUGE buds

yo thanks for the advice man. Yeah this was my first real grow and i really didnt ever have the plants on a real feeding schedule, i even used lowes brand soil with time released nutrients in it, so obviously wasnt the best soil to start with. I was very impressed what i was able to do for my first real grow.

I have since had a few other small grows under my belt, did a scrog with the 4 clones i took from these plants and yielded a few oz under a pound under 2 400w hps.

swing by my new blue cheese journal if u get a min thanks

Good job for your first grow man, mine started with a shop light, aluminum foil for reflation, and a fan. 400 watt hps. Then the love started growing. Thank the Government and our People for letting this truely magic plant be basically legal, we are on the right path.

hey ilikebike, first thanks so much for the really *complete* review--very helpful, esp for someone looking to grow the strain for the first time.

2nd, thanks for specifying the breeder--had a lot of trouble isolating that variable when looking for strain reviews for PPP so much appreciation for that.

on the day you move them to bloom, give them a good flush. i have done several of nirvannas gear. not this one. aurora, papaya. ice. full moon. black berry. good work. your plants look fine. especially for your exp.

I've grown Nirvana's PPP for several years, both indoor and outdoors. I was very pleased with both the quality and the quantity of this strain. Indoors, after flowering under 400 watt HPS I averages around 2 1/2 to 3 ounces per plant flowered at 18 to 22 inches. The stretch was aproximately 2 1/2 times so I ended up with 3 ft. to 4 ft. plants covered with bud sites. Outside I planted in 30 and 50 gal smart pots and averaged a little over a lb. per plant. Watch for mold, as this strain is only fair in mold resistance. A very forgiving strain that will take a lot of abuse and still produce well.
My PPP,

IMG_1051.JPG

I'm not sure if mine came from nirvana but I ordered from Doc chronic many years ago. Probably around the time of this post. I loved the strain but lost it. I've considered getting it again. I've really been looking for a durban like strain and that's one of the parents at least. Your review sounds right to me. I had to get an air filter when I grew this strain. Wasn't my first grow but my first grow with purchased seed. when I had gathered a good light and filter and fans.

Back
Top Bottom