Granny Derkle

MadMike

Oct_011.jpg

Strain Name - Granny Derkle
From - SoHum
When - 9/2012
Price - NA
Type - 80% Indica/20% Sativa. Marc Emery's NYC Diesel crossed to a Purple Haze, crossed to the Grandaddy Purple, Then crossed back to the Purple Urkel.

Appearance - Blue/green with very fine crystals throughout. It makes you hesitant to trim too much with such a spread of crystals.

Smell - A bouquet of complex floral/citrus/grape spice. I could appreciate it as an air freshener :)

Taste - Spicy and smooth smoke. It tastes like it smells, just more subtle.

Type of Buzz - Very mellow, clear head with relaxed muscles. I didn't feel couch locked but it helped me drift off to a sound sleep.

Length of Buzz - Hard to tell since I drifted off to sleep. I felt the effects the first hour and a half before sleeping.

Best Medicinal Use - Insomnia, pain relief, anti-anxiety. It would also benefit the spiritual frame of mind which is what I appreciate.

Overall- I enjoyed growing this strain. Left alone, it can gain some height (9' or better in the ground). It's physical appearance was more like a Sativa than an Indica. I found that surprising since it was 80 I/20 S, but then again I'm a layman when it comes to the subject of plant genetics. It tolerates being tied down well and is a strain I'd recommend for those who appreciate an attractive plant that smells, tastes, and feels as good as it looks.

Back
Top Bottom