Super Skunk

David Bowman

Below are the two taste reviews I did of my second grow, one 2+ weeks into cure, the other 4+ weeks into cure.

Posted 05-29-2014

Day 18 of curing and I have a preliminary taste report of Super Skunk. The aroma of Super Skunk is more earthy than the Easy Rider and has a more mellow, relaxed manner to it if that makes any sense at all to anyone. The high is much more couch-lock than Easy Rider as well. There is a head component to the high but that heaviness in the chest is quite evident. Overall it is a nice mellow high compared to the heady buzz of Easy Rider which by the way did settle down the longer it cured. I'll be posting a second taste report in about 2 weeks time and we'll see how it ages and matures.

Posted 06-10-2014

Day 30 of curing and the Super Skunk has taken on a fruity component to its aroma. I'm terrible with smells without visual clues, but I would guess it's closest to a pear, a very musky pear. The high continues to hit the chest quite hard, but other than the high being more indica-like than Easy Rider, the profiles are quite similar. They both hit quickly and strongly and last a good hour or two. If I had to pick the more potent strain as I've grown them, I would have to pick Easy Rider.

i still have not smoked any "skunk" like it was years ago. it used to be so darn dank and musky. just like a skunk! and it was way potent. of all the so called skunks out there that i have tried, none fills the shoes. i have not tried them all, tho. i grew some white skunk. that was a whispy piece of crap.

Interesting that you bring that up cannilingus as I was thinking the same thing even during the SS grow. There was, and still is, very little aroma to this SS. I though that it might have been due to the stresses that the ladies were subjected to during the grow. I was expecting some really stinky stuff and was greatly dissappointed. It vapes just fine, gets me high enough and I have no real issues with it other than it isn't up to the standard set by Easy Rider. I wonder if true skunk has been lost with all of the cross breeding going on these days. I would have to agree with your comment and that what I have now bears little resemblance to the skunk I remember from many years ago.

Interesting that you bring that up cannilingus as I was thinking the same thing even during the SS grow. There was, and still is, very little aroma to this SS. I though that it might have been due to the stresses that the ladies were subjected to during the grow. I was expecting some really stinky stuff and was greatly dissappointed. It vapes just fine, gets me high enough and I have no real issues with it other than it isn't up to the standard set by Easy Rider. I wonder if true skunk has been lost with all of the cross breeding going on these days. I would have to agree with your comment and that what I have now bears little resemblance to the skunk I remember from many years ago.

sensi seeds has a super skunk that is the closest tasteing skunk from the early 1990s that i can find..its a lovely strain

Great Review ColoradoHigh,

Actually Super Skunk was on my first grow (4 years ago) and I never got rid of it. If you have a grow with multiple strains, allways have a Super Skunk with it because when evverything goes wrong and the grow, you can ALLWAYS count on Super Skunk to survive...great, amazing, couch locking, durable high, with 30 days cure has a fruity flavour (that is much more intense if its grown outdoor)

Back
Top Bottom