Trainwreck - Humboldt Seed Organization

Name: Trainwreck
Vendor: Humboldt Seed Organization
Grown from: Feminized seed (most likely S1)
Grown how: Outdoor organically
Latitude: 45° N
Harvested: between 23-30th September

Trainwreck was one of my two strongest plants this outdoor season, and they only thing I didn't like was early veg, when she stretched a lot and didn't want to branch out quickly. Also, took her forever to regrow after topping. But she really started taking off around June/July with a lot of beautiful foliage and very strong stems. I was happy to note that high RH doesn't affect this plant at all. Not even septoria was a problem for her as she caught very little of it.

One of these things that took me by surprise here was a nice lemoney smell, which was detectable from the leaves in the late veg. She was also very wind resistant and pests were mostly staying away. The pheno I got had big, limey green leaves with smooth edges, and was very bushy. In the end she reached around 9, maybe 10 feet, if I remember well, so not very tall either and could be probably grown indoor without any problems. Buds are kinda small, but tight as pine cones, and they have very non-cannabis-flower-looking shape. The closest I could go is a rose or something. Another good trait is that she an early finisher, and you could actually start harvesting it around 20th September.

High and aroma of this strain are very particular. While these budz smell very kinda sour lemoney or even pissy when I started hanging the branches to dry them, later they turn into a interesting mixture of chemical, musky and fruity flavors. To my nose it presents itself as ammonia, mixed with gasoline, and sprinkled with lemon with small, but nice earthy undertone. Smoke is amazingly smooth and pleasant though, and hash is the same, but it makes you coucgh a lot! Still, we're rather on a dry than on oily/hashy side here.

Potency is a real treat here. Bud gets you high after two big tokes, and hash after one. You get high very quickly, and you suddenly get clear headed and stimulated. Especially after half an hour, when the first wave passes, you feel this speediness a bit. Still, you are in a great kinda creative mood, and you can keep working without losing any concentration, if you don't do anything very complicated. But there is definitely some indica relaxation here, and you feel it all the way. I'd say high-wise it's around 60-70% sativa high and 30-40% indica. Still, high is rather long lasting, 2.5 to 3 hrs, and there's practically no comedown. There's a resemblance here to AK-47/AK-48 family. It's an excellent daily, functional high.

Smell in early/middle flowering: Lemoney
Smell in late flowering: Metallic/chemical/pissy, lemoney
Smell after drying and very short curing: Lemon mixed with ammonia and gasoline
Taste of bud: Very smooth, dry and lemoney
Taste of hash: Smooth and lemoney, lightly spicy
High: Long-lasting, creative and clear headed high with certain dose of indica relaxation
Grading: A+ as I really liked it
Medicinal use: Not a typical medicinal strain or not very useful as a medicine for me

Early veg
trw_3.jpg

Late veg
trw33.jpg

In early flowering
chitral7.jpg
chitral5.jpg

In late flowering
trainwreck_12.jpg

trw10.jpg
trw131.jpg

trainwreck_5.jpg

Fresh bud
trw_bud5.jpg
trw_bud6.jpg

Dry budz
trw17.jpg
trw26.jpg
trw36.jpg
trw46.jpg
trw53.jpg
trw62.jpg
trw72.jpg
trw81.jpg
trw91.jpg

Thx a lot doc, with time I like it even better although some lemon terpenes went away. Great all round sativa hybrid. All my friends enjoy it a lot!

can someone tell me why some like trainwreck and some say it doesnt get u high,give u a mild high.. i dont get it.. i tried it and it seems like i can keep on smoking.. please help

It all depends who grows it and how

It all depends who grows it and how

Im looking for lung expansion. Is there such thing as train wreck with a lung expansion. Just taste spicy and boring.

Trainwreck has extra lemoney taste, very expansive, clean and light on the lungs.

i had some trainwreck in northern california grown indoors. they were the biggest buds i have ever seen. it was very potent. when we smoked it through a vaporizer it gave me ear buzz i called bell ringers.
anycards.

It's a very good smoke for sure although the plant itself is not a big producer!

I need a strain for PAIN RELIEF after 43 surgeries and taking narcotics for the last 10 yrs and havent found a CLEAR choice
Any ideas?
Thank you

You won't be disappointed I think!

Back
Top Bottom