Dark Devil: Strain Review

James dBong

Hello guys, so I planted a Dark devil Auto from sweet seeds the total time was 2 months, it did not gave me too much but worthed!

It was been curing for 1 week and is crispy to the touch right in the point.

First I wanna talk about the smell, is unbeliveble, the smell is sweet and kinda smell like passion fruit even when im not around the weed I can't forget the smell is so deep and plant gives a lot of resin.

the smoke, the smoke is easy on the lungs and packs a good cerebral punch is very smooth tastes as good as it smells. Nugs are purple and makes the trics shine.

The high don't last to much time, but in the other hand is very good weed. Will share some pics.

IMG_228815.JPG
IMG_227714.JPG

IMG_224721.JPG
IMG_224115.JPG
IMG_228519.JPG
IMG_229217.JPG

Good nugs for pipe smoking! :cheer:

out of all the strains i have grown . dark devil had the best smell and taste .. the way u described it is spot on .. im about to grow a few more in 5 gl smart pots and really push her on the nutes . i was using gh flora series last time but i just switched to the fox farm trio . i just felt after 5 or 6 harvest that the gh nutes were lacking that punch i was looking for ..

If I was you I didn't push the nutes to full strenght they don't like that, especialy in the first few weeks, I gave her nutes in the 2nd week whit low stenght, but I don't judge your methods. Will feedback you I want to see other Dark devils, really a good strain! :thumb:

@SweetSue grew a very nice, lush Dark Devil grown in LOS. You should check out her journals

image28149.jpg
image28146.jpg
image28148.jpg
image28147.jpg

Hello everyone! Just wanted to share my Sweet Seeds Dark Devil auto experiment out with you all. I was looking for something I could grow in between grow cycles. So I started indoors and moves outside pretty quick. We have had a ton of rain and cloudy days. Not very favoriable conditions. I have been very happy with the results so far. This would be a great indoor grow with better controls over conditions. I have a few weeks left before harvest but I can say they smell sooooo good. Very beautiful plant as well. I did seem to get a different phenotype with the three I planted. It's a shorter plant and a bit more leafy. It has a really strong smell to her of the sweetest Carmel candy smell.

Welcome to the :420: community Growfreak1. Beautiful coloration on those. Thought I'd share some pictures of my recently harvested Dark Devil Auto. This one was grown in a tent under 11/13 lighting from seed to harvest in a no-till pot of Living Organic Soil. She was a magnificent high, bordering on hallucinogenic. I was seeking strains that worked for me and this one was a keeper right out of the gate. It will be a regular in each of my cycles going forward. I'm planting another this week, actually. I would venture to say you will be very pleased with the results.

image26841.jpg

image26848.jpg

I've been trying to gather data on the intense high this strain offers, so if you care to, after you've harvested I'd appreciate a visit to my current journal to share a smoke report.

If I can ever be of service to you here, please don't hesitate to seek me out. I'm not hard to find. :blushsmile:

James, how did I miss this thread? Thank you for starting this. This is one of the most exciting strains I have smoked. The high is zippy, speedy, mind-blowing. I'm keeping an eye on this. :yahoo:

edit: my Dark Devil Auto gave me a buzz that lasted almost 24 hours at a time. Serious as I can be about that. The longest were a result of eating the buds like candy after decarbing them in the oven at 225 F for 30 minutes. A deep, satisfying sense of enhanced "normal" that went on and on and on.

I harvested her on June 11, hoping to give my husband a taste before he passed away. I haven't been fully straight since. No lie. I'm down to about a gram now, which may last me for another two days. You can bet I'm planting another.

I cannot recommend this strain enough.

Thanks again sweetsue! I been a Leerker on here for several years! Kinda a closet grower one can say. I'm always looking to try a new strain to grow. Sounds odd but I get as much if not more out of growing than consuming. I have enjoyed watching the dark devil grow. I have not fed her anything or even watered. Plenty of rain here as of lately. I will say my soil is very good out here in the garden. Been many years of compost and organic love. She seems slow to progress to maturity but that may be the cloudy rainy days. I will keep you updated!

Nice buds there everyone... Dark Devil is a very nice and POTENT smoke! Me likey....

Here's my dark devil!! A couple days before chop - the buds I just trimmed yesterday, they are totally black or maybe chocolate to black color. This is my 2nd try, and I've got another Dark Devil in the flower room finishing up.. she's not as dark as her sisters, not yet anyway!

I let this bud cure properly 2 months or so... you will be surprised whats in store if you can wait and be patient.

pics_06_30_2015_002.JPG
pics_06_30_2015_003.JPG

Nice buds there everyone... Dark Devil is a very nice and POTENT smoke! Me likey....

Here's my dark devil!! A couple days before chop - the buds I just trimmed yesterday, they are totally black or maybe chocolate to black color. This is my 2nd try, and I've got another Dark Devil in the flower room finishing up.. she's not as dark as her sisters, not yet anyway!

I let this bud cure properly 2 months or so... you will be surprised whats in store if you can wait and be patient.

pics_06_30_2015_002.JPG
pics_06_30_2015_003.JPG

:high-five:

I have a seed dropped today. Next seed order I'm going to purchase multiples. This strain is a regular in my cycle - one plant every three months. Those little black flowers are potent!!! I didn't get the chance (honest- didn't want to wait) to let her cure. Next one for sure.

I'm being honest here guys - I haven't been completely straight since I started smoking this harvest, and I only reach for it two to three times a day. Maybe it's the LOS BB and I grow in, but POTENT! That tiny plant I grew has kept me blissfully happy for a month now. It'll run out today, I believe. What a run it was though.

Edit: BB, you got your photos mixed up. This one is mine. :laughtwo:

James, how did I miss this thread? Thank you for starting this. This is one of the most exciting strains I have smoked. The high is zippy, speedy, mind-blowing. I'm keeping an eye on this. :yahoo:

edit: my Dark Devil Auto gave me a buzz that lasted almost 24 hours at a time. Serious as I can be about that. The longest were a result of eating the buds like candy after decarbing them in the oven at 225 F for 30 minutes. A deep, satisfying sense of enhanced "normal" that went on and on and on.

I harvested her on June 11, hoping to give my husband a taste before he passed away. I haven't been fully straight since. No lie. I'm down to about a gram now, which may last me for another two days. You can bet I'm planting another.

I cannot recommend this strain enough.

Hi SweetSue,

So I can assume if one is looking for the ultimate in sleep assistance that Dark Devil is not the correct strain? I'm already of hyper mind and have a chance to grow a Dark Devil from seed, but not sure I need to be more speedy, especially of mind!

Sorry Dale didn't get a chance to sample it, but perhaps raise the last gram high in his memory upon consumption. I've read through a decent portion your journal and I offer my condolences on your loss. Also, big props to you on living through and with your grief, it is a strange journey. I really don't know you, but I do appreciate the magnitude of your loss as I too have walked many miles with heavy grief. May the best of Karma smile upon you throughout your journey, I think you just may have earned it as the loving caretaker.

:Namaste:

JB

:high-five:

I have a seed dropped today. Next seed order I'm going to purchase multiples. This strain is a regular in my cycle - one plant every three months. Those little black flowers are potent!!! I didn't get the chance (honest- didn't want to wait) to let her cure. Next one for sure.

I'm being honest here guys - I haven't been completely straight since I started smoking this harvest, and I only reach for it two to three times a day. Maybe it's the LOS BB and I grow in, but POTENT! That tiny plant I grew has kept me blissfully happy for a month now. It'll run out today, I believe. What a run it was though.

Edit: BB, you got your photos mixed up. This one is mine. :laughtwo:

This weird thing happens every once in a while where photos show up out of the blue in other posts. Has anyone else noticed this? When I posted this the picture accompanying BB's post was a copy of my own, and now it's back to BB's plant. Strange. Freaks me out every time.

BB - the picture made my mouth water! :laughtwo:

Hi SweetSue,

So I can assume if one is looking for the ultimate in sleep assistance that Dark Devil is not the correct strain? I'm already of hyper mind and have a chance to grow a Dark Devil from seed, but not sure I need to be more speedy, especially of mind!

Sorry Dale didn't get a chance to sample it, but perhaps raise the last gram high in his memory upon consumption. I've read through a decent portion your journal and I offer my condolences on your loss. Also, big props to you on living through and with your grief, it is a strange journey. I really don't know you, but I do appreciate the magnitude of your loss as I too have walked many miles with heavy grief. May the best of Karma smile upon you throughout your journey, I think you just may have earned it as the loving caretaker.

:Namaste:

JB

Thank you JB. Grief sucks. I'm not happy with it this afternoon. It's messed with me all day, and I don't appreciate it at all!!

I thought I'd already answered this post, but it got lost somewhere, or I'm going crazy. No, I wouldn't choose this one for sleep meds JB. :laughtwo: I prefer it for morning meds. It gets me bouncing with energy, with a mild vibration or tremor that runs through my whole body. It may be my soil revving it up, but regardless, this one has been my favorite zippy high yet.

Morning, dropped a DD seed into my own LOS last night, small seedling container and a broad spectrum CFL arrangement will do for a week then transplanting to final 7 gallon container. I have another DD but saving it for when I have Docs High Brix kit ordered assembled and properly cooked. Also cracked a GDP and one of my Orange Bud x Zamaldelica hybrids i bred on the last run. Eventually going to my MarsII 400w with the DD the other two will flower outside in the yarden (my girlfriend's name for my back yard). Opinions on optimum lighting schedule sincerely sought.

Morning, dropped a DD seed into my own LOS last night, small seedling container and a broad spectrum CFL arrangement will do for a week then transplanting to final 7 gallon container. I have another DD but saving it for when I have Docs High Brix kit ordered assembled and properly cooked. Also cracked a GDP and one of my Orange Bud x Zamaldelica hybrids i bred on the last run. Eventually going to my MarsII 400w with the DD the other two will flower outside in the yarden (my girlfriend's name for my back yard). Opinions on optimum lighting schedule sincerely sought.

MarsII - go 20/4 all the way to the end.... let it sit up high 24" so she stretches some and use the VEG for a week or so until you see pistols then lower and go full blast. Don't over water in the beginning... let the soil dry out. After pistols she will be drinking much more water.

Don't forget about curing... "This bud is best.. after a rest!" TM

Get some more autos going.. that lamp can grow a bunch of em.

Back
Top Bottom