White Widow

Poicephalus

I just joined the group a few days ago and noticed a lot of posts about White Widow. I've loved White Widow since I discovered it about 12 years ago, and I recently revisited this strain after not growing it for a few years.

I'm well aware of the fact that everyone sells "White Widow" and the strain varies a lot depending on the source. I also know the history of White Widow and the falling out between Shantibaba and Arjan, who both claim to be the creator. Regardless of whether Mr. Nice or Greenhouse Seeds retains the original genetics (although I’d go to either of these two sources first), there's a lot to like with this strain. (No need for anyone to take sides in the White Widow debate.)

My Widow comes from Greenhouse. I recently dipped into my seed stock and grew some out. I was quickly reminded of why this strain is such a classic. Because of the wide assortment of "White Widow" out there, you hear conflicting information about taste and the plant's other traits. The Greenhouse White Widow aroma is immediately identifiable to me. A subtle skunky undertone and a super fruity-sweet smell and flavor, kind of like fruit cocktail with extra grapes.

Early Flowering Stage

About 2-3 Weeks to Harvest

Final Cure

Good day Poicephalus! I am a very green gardener, new to 420 and I need some info if you please. How long does the Ww take to bud after the first two true leaves show? I have read conflicting info and thought you might help clarify things.
I have also read here that the plants can reach 8' tall....I trust that is outdoors not in.

Gracegrove62, I'm sorry I didn't see this sooner. White Widow is a very easy strain to grow. Not fussy with the nutes at all. I usually let them veg a little longer than some people, about 6-7 weeks. I let them flower for about as long, so the total grow takes a little over three months. I've never seen one get to 8 feet tall, but I believe that may be possible outdoors. There are many version of this strain--probably more than just about any other strain--so variation is likely, depending on the seed source. Indoors, WW is very manageable and doesn't stretch much. It's a great strain for a first-time grow. Good luck!

Hi guy's, I'm about 4 weeks into grow from seedling with WW feminised seed from 420. This is my first time growing and so far so good. Grow journal is "Newbies 1st grow" and I'm a couple of weeks from flipping. Very excited about the prospect of trying this particular strain.

Back
Top Bottom