Leaf - Juicing Raw Cannabis

Truth Seeker

Leaf introduces Dr. William Courtney and Kristen Courtney of Cannabis International; along with the people involved in researching, promoting, regulating and benefiting from raw cannabis.

Dr. Courtney is a physician and researcher from Mendocino, California, who gives medical marijuana approvals to qualified patients in Mendocino and Humboldt Counties. Kristen Peskuski is a researcher and patient who put her systemic lupus, rheumatoid arthritis, interstitial cystitis, and numerous other conditions into remission juicing fresh cannabis.

They help make sense of the science behind patient's recoveries from a diverse range of medical conditions. Attorneys, physicians, law enforcement, medical care providers, patients and their families discuss their experiences with medical cannabis. They specifically focus on juicing fresh cannabis, which is non-psychoactive and contains medical properties 200-400 times stronger than traditional, heated cannabis.

Patients have reported success with osteo and rheumatoid arthritis, autoimmune disorders, cancer and many other conditions using this unique therapy.

Wow I had not seen this one! Great movie. Thanks :Namaste:

Seems like a great thing this juicing thing ! Would it be better to grow males, since they say it's the leaves that contain the most THCa and CBDa ?

Seems like a great thing this juicing thing ! Would it be better to grow males, since they say it's the leaves that contain the most THCa and CBDa ?

I had not heard that about males. Some testing would probably need to happen. I'd be curious if there was a difference between a vegging male plant and a flowering male plant. We know male potency is lower, but are the CBDs still there? Females are "stronger" because they create larger/denser flower clusters than males and tend to be covered in trichomes.

I've become increasingly interested in eating raw cannabis. The biggest obstacle is the amount you need. I'm not sure my grow room could provide enough for one patient to be able to juice everyday. It seems this would be most feasible in a large outdoor grow, but then you have the issue of seasonality, ie no juice in the Winter.

I'm working on getting a place for a "real" outdoor grow. I would like to start a breeding project to develop a strain that is high in CBD, yields a lot of said CBD, and produces abundant fiber (like hemp). I'm a big fan of hemp, and understand why it's proponents stress that there is no THC in it. I think that's kind of dumb. If a crop could serve multiple uses, why not make the most of it? You harvest off all the flowers to juice or extract the CBD, then use all the long stems for hemp. This seems like a no-brainer to me, but surprisingly I can't say I've ever heard anyone else propose this idea.

Anyway, interesting though. It might be a few more years until anyone knows the answer to your question. Many of us hope it happens sooner than later! :Namaste:

Addition: I just reread you post and I misunderstood. I think you're saying, since the leaves have more TCH/CBD than the flowers, we should grow males to get more leaf. At least that what I think you're saying the second time I read it. :blalol: hmmmmm.... my first thought is, do males make more leaves? They do tend to be larger plants to help get the pollen up above the females, but is there more leaf mass for a given age plant. Another test! :)

Thanks for your answer Hiker ! very informative ! I think I'm gonna dedicate my next indoor grow up for raw consumption ! I'll try to evaluate the monthly production costs for 1 "patient", myself ! Hopefully, I'll be able to produce enough even though I'm only able to flower about 4 plants at a time !

A little about Green Juice.
I've read your posts here and I'm afraid there is some misinformation about juicing cannabis.
First off I don't see anyway of estimating a patients costs for juicing, there are just too many variables. Starting with dosage, anywhere from 3 to 50 "leaves" per day/dose, everybody's pain, illness/es & tolerance is different and every plant has a different amount and combination of cannabinoids. Those 2 variables alone make estimating anything impossible. There is also the cost associated with procurement, either purchased or grown, it still costs $$. Growing methods vary in equipment costs and maintenance costs, more variables.
Now on to another information problem. The "leaves only" part is no longer held to be correct, flowers are eaten or juiced too. If you are expecting to get 2 separate crops from the same plant, you'll be disappointed with the results. We will need a great deal more genetic study & testing to find a strain variety that would be able to produce both, a high volume, high cannabinoid leaf and high THC buds. And, the particular effectiveness depends on the specific cannabinoid/s that work best for you. Oh and then there are the trichomes, we've only just begun to study their effects but one prominent one seems to pertain to the absorption rate of the cannabinoids. Probably important.
As things stand currently, the best option will be to grow 2 separate crops.

Back
Top Bottom