help with 1st auto grow

ted1111

Hi guys, I am new to 420, love this site, need a little advice on first auto grow. My set up is 4x4x8 tent, 300w old model top led. Strain auto afghani hogx nl. Soil is multi purpose compost with john innes. Nutes cactus plant food npk 1 1 3. Just wondering if this would do as no grow shops near me? Any advice with this would be appreciated.Thanks.

Ted, your lighting and nutrients are seriously deficient. Optimum lighting is 40 watts per square foot. Maximum, is 60 watts psf. Cacti, are slow-growing plants with a need for very little nitrogen. Your plants will not have enough food, unless you find a way to supplement the cactus food during your VEG phase. GenHydro, is an excellent source that you can order from online. You can supplement the lighting in your area with CFL's, even if you get another 300 watt LED. You're only getting 18.75 watts per square foot. The 300 watters, were intended to be used in conjunction with 2,3, or more, depending on your space. You cannot get away with 1 old 300 watt led, in your 16 foot space, without huge problems, that will seriously undermine the quality and volume of your grow. If its too old, and unable to operate at peak efficiency, you will have paltry bud production from your unhealthy plants. It will grow with what you have - it is a weed.
However, if you want to produce and smoke a world-class product, you will need to pay attention to the chemical needs of the plant. You can learn how to make some of your own plant food, from fish emulsion, worm castings, etc, using very clean water. You don't necessarily need a 'grow shop', since you can get plant food from nearly anywhere. Do not OVER FEED the plants, read the instructions, and cut their recommended dosages in HALF. Don't forget ventilation and temperature control (75-85); Nutrient solution temp (68), with pH between 5.2 and 5.6, for hydroponic grows. My specialty is hydro, so you will need to make slight adjustments for soil. Soil, is good, but its just too slow, and your control is limited by what's in your soil. "Compost", can consist of almost anything, and some things, that I wouldn't knowingly add to my crop. Your light issue is by far, your most serious problem right now. You could wind-up with about 3 lbs of unexciting weed from your grow space.

HCS 1

Back
Top Bottom