Severe lower back pain

pango

hi there I often get severe lower back pain due to alot of heavy lifting I have to do at work. I often smoke to lessen the pain and I find it quite effective, but I also find being heavily stoned quite deabilitating at times. what I was thinking it perhaps it is possible to make a tincture then create some kind of ointment like tiger palm that could be used as a muscle rub. does anyone know if this work would? can mmj be used topically and would it absorb through my skin and get to my muscles to effectively relieve the pain without getting me stoned at the same time? i would like to avoid other pharmaceutical painkillers for several reasons so mmj is currently my best option. thankyou.

If you enjoy smoking Cannabis, but don't want the heavy stoned feeling, look for strains with lower THC and higher CBD. Harle-Tsu is one strain a friend here mentioned to me for just that purpose.

Cannabis oil would actually help you do what you're looking for. It will provide all the benefits of Cannabis medicinally, without any euphoric effects. Links for making the Oil, and dosing:
How to make Cannabis Oil
Cannabis Oil dosing tutorial

It can also be used topically, and after learning from a few really wise people here, the best option is to first make the concentrated oil. After that's done, you can use it for ANYTHING. You can make butter/oils for cooking, you can use it direct as a concentrated oil, you can mix a few drops of grape seed oil with it, and apply it topically to your skin for any healing you need done on the outside too.

As for your question, using the oil concentrate as described in the dosing tutorial should help all the pains you have, and shouldn't have a need for using a topical salve. But yes, you can also use a salve, and rub it on your skin for similar pain relief effects. I have heard people suggest to mix it with Emu oil to improve the Cannabis oils ability to penetrate your skin.

If you dose according to the tutorial, or apply it to your skin, neither way should give you any stoned feelings. I like to reserve those for the evening to help me sleep :)

I'm sure 420Motoco will chime in soon, he really knows his stuff when it comes to medical use, I've learned a lot from him.

Hi pango,

Antics covered everything. Focus on what he said about no euphoric while using cannabis concentrated oil. Best pain med in the world via the gum application.

I make a cannabis salve using trim, stems & roots that works wonderfully for pain! It has 3 ingredients; cannabis, organic coconut oil & bees wax. If you google cannabis salve you will find the recipe as I did. I don't doubt the effectiveness of cannabis oil one bit but I enjoy making use of the entire plant & the salve is easy to make & use!

I make a cannabis salve using trim, stems & roots that works wonderfully for pain! It has 3 ingredients; cannabis, organic coconut oil & bees wax. If you google cannabis salve you will find the recipe as I did. I don't doubt the effectiveness of cannabis oil one bit but I enjoy making use of the entire plant & the salve is easy to make & use!

You actually use the roots in your preparation..?
Do the roots even have actives in them? I've never heard of that before...

hi there I often get severe lower back pain due to alot of heavy lifting I have to do at work. I often smoke to lessen the pain and I find it quite effective, but I also find being heavily stoned quite deabilitating at times. what I was thinking it perhaps it is possible to make a tincture then create some kind of ointment like tiger palm that could be used as a muscle rub. does anyone know if this work would? can mmj be used topically and would it absorb through my skin and get to my muscles to effectively relieve the pain without getting me stoned at the same time? i would like to avoid other pharmaceutical painkillers for several reasons so mmj is currently my best option. thankyou.

WooHoo! Hola pango!

I have had GREAT Luck making a Stem soak with 91% Rubbing Alcohol. Works better than Ben-Gay!

I cut the Harvested/Dried Stems into about 1 inch pieces and fill up a Glass Mason Jar, then add the Rubbing Alcohol. I was originally told to shake daily for 4 weeks before using. After a couple months, I usually strain it back into the Original containers for an easier application. You can use a Cotton Ball to apply or just Splash it on and spread it around with your Hands!

I PERSONALY like it this way as it Dries quickly and does not leave you Sticky! Starts working Very Quickly too!

Peace and LOVE to ALL (past-present-future)

You can also make a glycerin-based tincture and use that for topical application. Soaks in well and is very effective.

thanks for everyone's replies. so the oil is taken sublingually? do you have to use high cbd strains for it to work without getting you high? alcohol based muscle rub doesn't sound too good. the salve with bees wax would be nice. and the glycerin one could be good too.

The oil is administered onto the gums in a process called tacking. Rubbing the oil on your gum until it sticks. I'm not sure if this falls into the same category as sublingual administration.

While making the oil, you will be going through a process called decarboxylating. This is where the material is heated, and does activate the THC. If the oil is consumed, you will definitely experience 'high' effects. When the oil is administered properly, you shouldn't experience any 'high' feeling, regardless of the THC content.

With that being said, although the THC is responsible for the high feelings, it also has its own amazing medicinal benefits, and you can't go wrong with a strain that has a 1:1 THC:CBD ratio.

I've got bad discs, I eat a little dry bud every day! Tastes kind of spicy like thyme, dry and chewy. But its works great, barely if any high!!

Have you ever tried decarbing the bud before dosing Gardennome1? We’ve recently discovered that decarbing and grinding into a fine dust will speed absorption and to a pretty significant extent amplify pain modulation effects. The therapeutic window for 0.1 grams of dust appears to be over 4 hours.

If you’re interested, we have a thread dedicated to exploring the method. Cannabis Dust

What about using CBD oil. No high, just pain relief.

I used this before I got my mmj card. I thought it worked well.

Would you be so kind as to share the particulars of your CBD pain control regimen Doctor Trevor? This is a new learning curve for most of us.

I've used it three or four times a day, for over a year, for back and neck pain originating from herniated discs. I also gave it to my dog when he hurt his hip.

It was only after I was able to get mmj that I stopped using it (or severely cut back using it).

I've got bad discs, I eat a little dry bud every day! Tastes kind of spicy like thyme, dry and chewy. But its works great, barely if any high!!

I‘m curious if it took any time before you began to notice the effects of the eating of raw bud for pain relief, and if so, how long? I ask because I’m taking a coursevon Cannabis Fundamentals at the moment and she’d mentioned that acid cannabinoids can take 3-4 weeks of daily use before you begin to feel significant results.

I've used it three or four times a day, for over a year, for back and neck pain originating from herniated discs. I also gave it to my dog when he hurt his hip.

It was only after I was able to get mmj that I stopped using it (or severely cut back using it).

At what doses, and how were you administering, if I may pry further? Considering the long-term inflammatory relief one can expect to get from CBD I’d like to encourage you to give that CBD oil more time to help your body. What you describe is chronic pain, and that appears to respond best to a 1:1 ratio of CBD:THC, or more CBD dominance.

That is unless you’ve been smart enough to be growing yourself some nice balanced ratio plants or purchasing decent ratios from your dispensary. :battingeyelashes:

I have a friend with an anxiety-ridden dog that we started on CBD oil a few months back. He’s up to five drops a day now, and his personality has undergone a dramatic transformation to calmness. I keep reminding his human that the oil has the same effects on humans, but she’s not ready to try CBD. :laughtwo: Interestingly, she does enjoy THC.

Being that CBD oil is legal everywhere, and is not psychoactive, you can use it anytime and anywhere (like, if you were a bus driver).

I used 1 ml 5 times a day. I noticed the pain lessened after a day or two.

I currently use a 1:1 tincture for the most part. It also helps with some other problems I am dealing with.

The biggest problem, I've learned, in using CBD oil is getting a good brand. Everyone is selling it and it's not regulated. I found the brand I use, Medix, was highly rated in High Time Magazine.

I used 1 ml 5 times a day. I noticed the pain lessened after a day or two.

I currently use a 1:1 tincture for the most part. It also helps with some other problems I am dealing with.

The biggest problem, I've learned, in using CBD oil is getting a good brand. Everyone is selling it and it's not regulated. I found the brand I use, Medix, was highly rated in High Time Magazine.

Thank you. :hug: I come from a recreational background, and at 66 I have no physical health issues to deal with, so I have to rely on those of you who use cannabis for pain relief to fill in the blanks for me as to what the oils are doing in the real world.

My first exposure to the idea that CBD was effective as a treatment for chronic pain was through my brief friendship with greatwolf, a member who isn’t around the forums these days. He’d used high-quality CBD oils he got from his local dispensary to taper off opioids and control his back pain until he got a harvest of a high-THC chemovar (strain) to add to the regimen.

He shared that the CBD oil had reduced his pain by about 75%, and then the addition of THC took it down to nearly imperceptible in his busy day.

Trevor, one more curious question, if I may....

When you began the CBD oil regimen, what dose did you start with? I’m impressed that you were dosing five times a day, and even more so that you found relief after a couple days. That’s what sparked my curiosity. That speedy relief suggests to me that you started with a reasonable substantial dose.

Back
Top Bottom